Are Nationwide sympathetic AT ALL?

indebtstudent
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need to know because I'm currently in a DMP and every bank barring them has agreed to freeze charges and interest and accept my proposals for prepayment. So far they don't respond to correspondance and just sent automatic letters & statements detailing the interest and charges they are piling on.

I have mentioned this to Payplan and they say its not uncommon for creditos to have large backlogs of paperwork relating to this sort of thing. That's fairr enough but I am concerned that the payments which are going to them are being wasted. If they don't stop the charges then the most rational thing to do is stop paying them completely and have it passed to a DCA who will accept any offer of payment over no offer of payment.

Does anyone have any experience of what Nationwide are like in this kind of plan?

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 9 months later...

As you've got no response to this question, I shall chip in with the rather obvious answer.....No they are not. They are arrogant,unsympathetic,obnoxious and suspected of lying/covering details for their own benefit. Ghastly company. You will have a fight on your hands for sure.Good luck

• 6 months later...

I have to agree with Bramblebuster, having had similarly uncompassionate responses from a Building Society which is apparently run for the benefit of its members; not shareholders. In fact, I have come up with a new strap line which articulates my feelings towards them:

new nationwide logo.jpg