I will have to start repaying my loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

You would come under http://www.opsi.gov.uk/RevisedStatutes/Acts/ukpga/1933/cukpga_19330013_en_1 but they would still need a CCJ which they cannot legitimately obtain against a non-resident in the UK & even if they did you could get it set aside.

I've just checked your IP address & I have relatives near you, in fact my mother was born not too far away + my cousin was Rodeo Queen many years ago. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all

After the argument with SLC and them saying that they would not be able to use the information I sent them the T4 and would have to have pay slips they sent a letter yesterday saying that they would defer again for this year I wonder if they know that i would not pay

Andrew

I wonder if they know that i would not pay
They probably realise how difficult it is to enforce. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So after getting the letter from SLC saying that the defer was in place for this year I got a letter from thesis asking for payment for April on the letter from SLC theres starts from April but thesis starts in may and they want Aprils payment

what do u think

firefox

Send a copy of the letter from SLC to Thesis telling them that it is deferred and suggest they return the a/c back to SLC. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont want any contact with them or the SLC any more just sick of it the trouble with the SLC they send out everything 2nd class then tell you it takes to long to inform them what a joke. I all ways reply by fax and they lose that as well.

I think next year if nothing improves here i will not reply to there letters and see what they do

Firefox

Just email Thesis; mail@thesis-servicing.co.uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

What do you think of this msg

well.. i think Canada is one f those places where the UK debt can follow very easily.

One option would be.. in your deferrment.. you dont have to send pay slips.. you can just send a letter from your employer confirming your annual salary.

So get a hold of some headed note paper.. write you just under the limit salary one.. sign it as someone else from the company.. send it off

its worked for me for years!

• 1 month later...

Hi Firefox,

Have you had everything fixed yet? Did you get yourself deferred with SLC and Thesis?? You know that you have to apply for deferment from Thesis separately from SLC, although SLC should be able to tell you on their accounts whether or not your deferred with Thesis or not. They've got an email address and you get dealt with pretty quickly through that. What if next time you applied for deferment you did it all online, emailed them the deferment pack and evidence back and that saves you worrying about it getting faxed and no one picking it up or it being mailed and getting lost!

Just tryin to think of ways to help, maybe I'm being naiive here, but surely if you go and ignore any letters from them, the only person that will be harmed or eventually at an incovenience would be you. It would be no bother for a large company to find you and take you to court for money. If you've been in contact with them recently then you've acknowledged the fact you have a debt then that 6 year thing, just restarts again as far as I'm aware.

It's very easy to get frustrated and angry when you don't get the service you expect or want, specially when its your money involved. But if you're not happy, complain, go through official channels, speak to the financial ombudsman or the office of fair trading. But make sure you have your ducks in order and that you've done the right thing first. Ignoring it or using illegal methods as someone else has mentioned....well.....I know you'll know that's just plain daft.

I read all yer previous posts and you sounded so worried, so I hope you got yourself sorted in the end Firefox!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am waiting to see what they say this year 2011 i am still unable to pay it due to my wife been a part time worker and i just get enough to keep a roof over our heads. the bigest problem is that the exchange rate is so low at this time and it takes me over what I can earn. but after reading through the past posts they still cant come after me untill they get a CCJ which they cant is that right

thank you all

firefox

• 2 weeks later...
they still cant come after me untill they get a CCJ which they cant is that right
They cannot obtain a CCJ from a non-UK resident.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

So when I got home from work today there was a letter from the SLC asking for payment when I read through the letter it gives the limit £2204 BP you can earn before they start taking payment. The problem is that I with the exchange rate been so low against the CAD I am just 200CAD over the limit but with only me working full time I just can’t afford to pay it. I just don’t know what to do its making me ill.

It’s just so worrying when times are hard enough with the house loosing so much money since we brought it and as fast as the money comes in it goes out I just don’t know where to turn can anyone give me some advice on what to do I just don’t want any one knocking on my door asking for money or keep sending me letters saying that they are going to take me to court or contacting my employer.

Looking forward to your return reply’s

Firefox

So when I got home from work today there was a letter from the SLC asking for payment
Just ignore it. As I've said, they cannot take enforcement because they cannot obtain a CCJ against you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Got this today did not think they could send me emails about it what do you think

Dear Customer

Please can you contact Thesis Servicing on 0844 7368426 and quote reference ******. If you are calling from abroad you can contact us on +44 2920 808684 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +44 2920 808684 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or by email to mail@thesis-servicing.co.uk.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Thesis Servicing Administration Team

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This email is strictly confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, disclose, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.

Link Financial Outsourcing Limited, a company incorporated in England, with registered number 7059696 and having its registered office at Camelford House, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP. Thesis Servicing is a trading style of Link Financial Outsourcing Limited

Just carry on ignoring them they are fishing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Some one sent me this how does this go agenst mehttp://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/practice_directions/pd_part06b.htm#IDACDNS

Who is "someone", the same people?

hes in another forum and this is what he said Thank you. The link I provided you with is a link to the actual Rules of Court, not some forum for those that wish to avoid their debts. As someone with experience of enforcing debts all over the world, I believe I know what I am talking about. However, I am happy to be proven wrong. If you have any legal authority to support your stated position that a CCJ can only be obtained against someone living in the UK and having a UK address, please provide it. Failing that, please have the good grace to accept that what I have stated above is correct.

Edited by firefox60

That link you have been provided with is for a case to be heard out of jurisdiction in the UK. i.e if you lived here and someone brought an action here from abroad. A case cannot be heard here against a non-UK resident... you have to be afforded the opportunity to defend in person & if you do not reside here you are unable to do that.

Whoever gave you that link is trying to use a smoke screen.... ignore. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Its strange that before I went into default the letters came by second class but now they come by 1st class post should I return them to sender or just put them in the trash