Help with internet banking!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Can anyone help explain how my internet banking balance etc works cause i'm stumped!

I understand that the running balance is not what I actually have in my account (Although I find that weird), the actual balance can be found at the top of the page where it also gives O/D amount and available balance, now heres the confusing part..............

This morning I had £-779.00 in my account, a direct debit came out for £48.00 which should have put me at £-827.00, my own fault etc etc!!

My balance now says £-793.00 with an available balance of £-42.00 (I have an £800 O/D), which to me makes no sense. I tried calling them but they have no idea why it says that but I should wait till tommorrow! I know I should but I just dont understand where they get their figures from, they at least should.

The annoying part is I had £40 transferred from other accounts last friday to try and avoid this but it takes 5-7 days, which I didnt know at the time!

Surely there should be more tranparency with our accounts, why does it have to be so confusing? Theres no reason why the accounts should not be realtime is there? i.e what it says on your internet account is actually what is in your account so we dont have to guess!!

hi i think what they have done going by my own experience with A & L they have returned the direct debit unpaid. and they have then charge you a penalty fee for going over your limit... in the morning you will probably see they have what they call reversed the direct debit and then added a penalty fee, its totaly wrong in my oppinion but hey banks dont care what the little people think, only how they can get money out of you to pay the bonuses....:mad: