style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help!

I have been advised by Equita that a Bailiff is due to attend my parents property for an un-paid council tax bill (£385.00) even though I am not residing at that address.

I have contacted Equita explaining that I am prepared to pay back the outstanding balance on a monthly basis and that I apologise for the delay as the letters were sent to my parents home and not my own, but was advised that this was now a bailiff matter only as they had sent me letters advising that they would recieve a court order for action.

I have tried to contact the council tax department to resolve the matter but to no avail.

I am prepared to start paying but I am frightened to give my new address as my partner is heavily pregnant and I m concerened for her health if I start to recieve visits from these monkeys!!

Can they continue to send baliffs to my parents home?

Is there any possible way of arranging a monthly payment plan?

If they do not contact myself will they pass on the debt details to other debt collecting agencies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.s I am aware that it was a silly mistake to previousley fall behind on payments but I genuinley forgot about it.

Thanks very much.

you will be pleased to know i have just taken eqita bailiffs to the small claims court and won - the look on their faces when the judge ruled in my favour was MINT!!!!

they kept sending me doorstep collection / bailiff visit notices , they billed me time and time again for visits which never happened - - also you will be pleased to know i am about to issue a warrant of execution on them as they havent paid the judgement - pot calling the kettle black eh , id love to be there when the court bailiffs knock on their door . its ironic that what is about to happen to them is what they say they are doing to us except what is going to happen to them WILL if they dont pay by tomorrow - ill kepp you posted

Edited by Mr lex
Phone number removed

best thing to do is make an arrangement with them and try to stick to it to prevent any further action -once you make the arrangement they are supposed to stop any further action - i wouldnt give them your new address but use your parents for correspondance - state that in a letter to them - if you keep up the arrangement they wont visit - actually they threaten visits and charge for ghost visits as i stated in last pot thats why i took them to court , they couldnt provethe visits and it was bliss in court to see them squrm ....

you will be pleased to know i have just taken eqita bailiffs to the small claims court and won - the look on their faces when the judge ruled in my favour was MINT!!!!

they kept sending me doorstep collection / bailiff visit notices , they billed me time and time again for visits which never happened - - also you will be pleased to know i am about to issue a warrant of execution on them as they havent paid the judgement - pot calling the kettle black eh , id love to be there when the court bailiffs knock on their door . its ironic that what is about to happen to them is what they say they are doing to us except what is going to happen to them WILL if they dont pay by tomorrow - ill kepp you posted

congrats on your victory:)

but would remove your phone number

Edited by Mr lex
Phone number removed

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

davy your post needs moved to the bailiff forum click on the red triangle and ask for it to be moved as your wife is heavily pregnant she will fall under vulnerable persons according to the national standards of enforcement agents

Once its in the bailiff forum Kelcou will pick it up and write you a peach of a letter to send to the bailiffs and the council regarding this

Thread moved to Bailiff section.

Telephone number removed.

Tx Hallowitch and Sam :)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did they actually allow the case to go to court...didn;t they want to settle before going to court?

How much was the Judgment?.if over £600 you can pay a "transfer up" fee of £50 to have the debt enforced by a High Court Enforcement Officer.

Now that would be funny?

It would be VERY interesting to know which company would be willing to take this on !!!

Hi davey.1978, the ever prescient Hallowitch is quite right! I had indeed spotted the pregnancy and congratulations are in order.

The National Standards for Enforcement Agents would place your girlfriend in the vulnerable category. These standards apply to the household.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Those who might be considered vulnerable include the following:

the elderly;

people with a disability;

the seriously ill;

the recently bereaved;

single parent families;

pregnant women;

unemployed people; and,

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

Do let me know if anything else applies within your personal circumstances. I do have a vulnerable template for the pregnated and will post that up before the end of tonight. You can change, alter, add or ignore as you wish.

[Please note that I will be doing my best not to be on the bailiff forum throughout wednesday / wednesday night as I need to prepare for my ESA Appeal Tribunal on Thursday. But there are plenty of people here to help you :) ]

Best wishes

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
Happy Birthday to me! Hurrah! :)

Hi,

Here is a simple template for you. Feel free to add, alter or ignore as so desired!

Dear Sir

Reference number:

I am writing with regard to the above account relating to a Liability Order your company has been requested to enforce.

It would appear, from advice that I have received, my circumstances are classed as 'vulnerable' according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents. The reason for this is that my partner is in the third trimester of pregnancy. As you may be aware this is a particularly sensitive period where health and wellbeing are paramount. Stress and pregnancy are a very fraught mix where there is real potential danger to both the expectant Mother and unborn child.

She will be contacting her GP and Midwife in order to obtain evidence of her pregnancy for you. This evidence will be forwarded under separate cover at the earliest opportunity.

In the meantime, please visit the following site for further information:

Stress & Pregnancy, Fetal Affects, on MedicineNet.com

As the current situation is having an aggravated and detrimental affect on her health and I am very concerned for the child, I would like to request that this account be referred back to XXX Council in order that an affordable and sustainable payment plan can be put in place.

I also respectfully request that, in the meantime, you do not visit my property as this would cause further undue stress and anxiety.

I would be grateful if you would please confirm safe receipt of this letter.

A copy of this letter has also been sent to XXX Council for their information.

Yours faithfully.

Please note: This correspondence is being sent by both electronic and conventional mail.

Email a copy to the bailiff, copy to the Revenues Division of the relevant Council. Post hardcopy by signed for to bailiff and copy to Head of Revenues of the relevant Council likewise.

What should happen is that the bailiff returns the case to the council. If this does not occur, it automatically provides you with the moral highground to make a formal complaint to the CEO of the council and to the bailiff firm. As well as complaints to your MP and local councillor...

Best wishes.

Rae.

Oh this is brilliant news well done.. Would be great if you could post the whys, when and what for's. Im sure it would be helpful to others.