PCN : Performing a prohibited turn - no right turn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Experts,

I have just received a PCN for alleged contravention : PERFORMING A PROHIBITED TURN - NO RIGHT TURN.

I have attached a screenshot explaining in detail the exact scenario. please advice if I will be able to fight back. In the image i have drawn with yellow coloured line showing were i turned, the PCN image, and have also circled the signage. Also this all happened after it was dark on 1st week of march at around 8:30 pm

I found below quoted text at the following link http://www.penaltychargenotice.co.uk/site/moving-traffic-offences/50:-failing-to-comply-with-a-sign-indicating-a-prohibited-turn/

"Signs indicating prohibited signs at traffic lights should be next to the green light at the traffic lights and on both sides of the road."

Based on the attached screenshot any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PCN_50.jpg

IMO the both the Ahead Only and No Right Turn signage seems compliant. I don't think any appeal would succeed on those grounds, so unless the ticket itself is faulty in some way, I wouldn't go further than the informal appeal whereby you would lose the chance to pay the discounted amount

There is "No right turn" on the pole behind, but how much chance i have to appeal or it is not worth challenging and pay out

The right hand lane has ahead only. Also there is a no right turn sign adjacent.

51.583243,-0.331773 - Google Maps

Is'nt google street view remarkable, though the pictures can be taken over a year ago.

My take on this is that the 2 'ahead only' signs are to far in advance to cover the right turn and the 1 'no right turn' sign is to small on its own so there should be another on the opposite side of the road.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

• 2 months later...

I have just received a PCN for the same location. Should there be any signs warning of CCTV recording? How accurate does the PCN have to be? In vehicle make, it states Unknown.