style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You have lost some of the nice functionality with the new forum layout.

A lot of new people will find it harder to quote letters etc unless they know the "quote" tags to be used. The old forum used to have buttons for this, the new one does not have the buttons.

I must admit, even though the this version looks newer and cleaner, it is also slightly confusing with whether I have a new post or not. The icons on the left of the posts are a little too busy.

Just some of my comments, not meant to criticize.

regards,

InterSimi

You have lost some of the nice functionality with the new forum layout.

A lot of new people will find it harder to quote letters etc unless they know the "quote" tags to be used. The old forum used to have buttons for this, the new one does not have the buttons.

I must admit, even though the this version looks newer and cleaner, it is also slightly confusing with whether I have a new post or not. The icons on the left of the posts are a little too busy.

Just some of my comments, not meant to criticize.

Are you saying that you do not have the quote button in the bottom right of posts?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

The quote button IS there. Also, what is wrong with the html tags (wonder if an empty quote will display as a quote in writing that...)

Additionally, if you go into User CP (control panel) you can set your 'editor' up from the default to a full WYSIWYG one - with lost of nice sparkly bits there for you. I think that this is a great improvement...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What do you mean, what is wrong with the HTML tags?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Sorry...there is NOTHING wrong with the HTML tags. What I meant was what is wrong with using

copy paste
in your replies. Sorry, the clocks went forward and I'm still really asleep...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

And still it didn't work:

square bracket quote square bracket/quote

Type it in...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

this is a quote

Did this work?

------------

------------

Yes...what I meant to say (before I had a coffee) is that the functionality to manually type the html code using square brackets and the forward slash is still operational. I personally find this quicker, as it is easier to copy paste the single line that I wish to quote, rather than pressing the button and then deleting all the rest of the quoted message...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

es...what I meant to say (before I had a coffee)

It works for me - unless I am misunderstanding?

I typed: [ quote ]pasted what I had copied from your post.[ / quote ]

(Obviously without the spaces.)

------------

------------

I think that this is a non-issue. Everything works okay for me (buttons and tags) and I think that it will work for everyone else. I think that the original poster just didn't see the buttons...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

I think this new software is tons better than the old package...my only complaint ;) - how come I got demoted from Classic Account Holder to Basic Account Holder lol? Don't you like me? :(;)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Are you bovvered?

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

You don't look bovvered. However, I must say that the 'customer status' has got me fascinated over the last few days - I was getting worried that come Tuesday I would be God and/or Omnipotent.

I think that the 'gold' simply confirms that I am a gobby git who doesn't know when to shut up...and if anyone agrees...well...they wouldn't be the first and they certainly won't be the last. :rolleyes:

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

...I think that the 'gold' simply confirms that I am a gobby git who doesn't know when to shut up...and if anyone agrees...well...they wouldn't be the first and they certainly won't be the last. :rolleyes:
I never said a word.... ;)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Do I look Bovvered?

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Classic? Gold? Basic? Not even noticed it before. Does it refer to postings?

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Yeah, I think so - a certain amount of posts allow different statuses.

It's all new to us too :-) So we're learning as we go along too!

------------

------------

Classic? Gold? Basic? Not even noticed it before. Does it refer to postings?

That's not so bad, on 1st changeover, we were classified as "junior, senior,"etc... I went from being a "gold customer" to a "senior member", which at my age, I'd rather not, thank you very much!!!:D

Thankfully, we're back to being customers now:) .

Maybe the banks should consider some similar scale of nomenclature - oh, sorry, they already do:

1) Troublemaker

2) Mug

3) £££!!!

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Thanks guys. In order to get the default edit tags buttons when you reply to a post, you have to enable them in the 'user CP' sections.

I know how to manually edit tags etc, but was at a loss as to where the buttons went. I know a lot of users are not used to coding.

Looks like the smilies on the WYSIWHG area, when replying to posts is missing some graphics

regards,

InterSimi

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

regards,

InterSimi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks