AA99 v ARGOS

AA99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a store card account with Argos since 2003 with a credit limit of £780.

As with all other accounts, I became unable to meet minimum repayments in Oct 2009, especially with their interest rates jumping up to 27.9%. I telephoned their office to request a copy of my contract and was told it was in the back of my catalogue. Said I didn't use catalogues, I shopped online.

On 28 Sep 09 I sent them a letter (change of financial circumstances with supporting evidence) and could they freeze my account for 6 months with no interest.

I received a letter dated 27 October 2009 saying they acknowledged but could only accept £5 p.m. with arrangement to review regularly.

I was in the process of switching bank accounts (:cool:) but set up a standing order, the 1st payment made on 19 November 2009 and paid every month since then.

In the meantime I received a letter rom ARGOS dated 12 November saying my card had expired and they had decided not to reissue.

A DN dated 17 Nov 09 from Argos received demanding arrears of £60.

Then I received Moorcroft Pre-Court Division letter dated 30 Dec 09 acknowledging my payment of £5 direct to Argos and they referred to previous correspondence sayng they were responsible for the admin of my acc. now! and I had to contact them to pay off the £820 balance.

Same letter again from Moorcroft dated 12 Feb 2010 Notice of Intended Litigation and charging me £12 for the letter.

Same letter again dated 13 March 2010, same £12 charge for the letter, balance is now £985!

As far as I'm concerned, I had set up a repayment plan with Argos and now I have Moorcroft ruling the roost. How dare these companies threaten and take over from their clients, the OC's like this???

I have not received a statement since November 09 showing any of my payments to Argos. How should I take this further please :confused:

Sorry I did try to get a mod to move your post, but for people with a little more expertise then those that check here try the Store Cards Section.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert