Yorkshire Bank Charges crunch time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Seems like they might be sweating a bit over your new POC.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I'm tempted to suggest that you apply for judgment by default if they haven't submitted a defence.

Only problem is, they have a history of applying for default judgments to be set aside.

Who is the solicitor? Is it Kirstie Ross?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The name on the letters received last year was always Kirstie Ross, she wasn't present at the last hearing (to decide whether adjournment should be lifted and allow me to submit new POC). If you think its worth applying for summary judgement now I'll look into it. I'll phone the court soon as I get 5 mins and find out how to. Thanks for looking in, much appreciated.

i would actually leave it to the 7 days before the hearing date. That way if YB still have not issued a defense, they won't have time to respond to your application for summary judgement.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

You can apply using an N244 which would cost £75 if you wanted a hearing, but as I say, I suspect that they would just apply for it to be struck out so I wouldn't bother. That's why I asked if it was Ms Ross as it used to be a regular thing for them to make out they hadn't recieved documents and didn't know about the hearing etc. Make sure the judge is well aware that they haven't followed the courts instruction in a timely manner.

I never heard of Ms Ross attending a hearing. In fact I'm not even sure that she could unless you're in Scotland. You may find they send someone though so be ready for them.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

Just phoned court. No defence received however they have requested my claim be struck out (they wouldn't tell me why). Help desk has said that it will be put before a judge who will decide if there is to be a hearing. Any advice as to where I go from here.. any advice gratefully recieved

Did you not receive any paperwork from the court in respect of YB's intention to strike out your defence ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I suspect that they will be saying that you have no prospect of success. That's the usual, but I would have thought you should have been informed of this. Typical YB not to inform you. I would contact the court again, and if necessary speak to the court manager. I would have thought that you should have the opportunity to oppose this.

Has the case been allocated? If not you are at risk of costs if you want to pursue this.

What's Best for You?