Windows Media Player 11 for Vista. I need the download link.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have found the Microsoft site with it on, but no download option for it. There is only a download option for XP.

I am trying to watch racing replays from the AT THE RACES website, but it is saying that my version of the player is incompatible. I can't get it to play on Firefox or IE?

Thanks peeps.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Did you have a bet on SOD'EM ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It may be you don't have the right codec! Vista does'nt have many codecs in it!

Try Looking on line for K-Lite codec pack. This even comes with media player classic that plays anything!

Good viewing

Installed the full version BB, still won't play.:???:

Did you have a bet on SOD'EM ?

I haven't today md, but I usually do. Would be nice to be able to watch races I have missed rather than just check on the results. It's getting pretty frustrating now.

Sorry, I'm useless with computers :rolleyes: I'll see if I can get someone to help.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Try looking for an older version of K-Lite or Windows Media Classic player.

Will try that now.

Already downloaded the full version from there Kip.

I can't see it being my Firewall as that would normally pop up if there was a problem.

The video says it is buffering and everything. Then it just says stopped and leaves a black screen.

Media Player Classic didn't work either. A message comes up on the screen that says "you are either logged in on another machine, or your browser is incompatible. We recommend using IE". I have tried it with IE and still got the same results.

Could you give us the site? We'll be able to help more if we know what kind of stream it is sending :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Here you go locutus.

At The Races - UK and Irish Horse Racing video, form, tips, odds, betting and news - Race Card

When you click on race replay, a pop up window appears with the screen on.

The site to which you link appears to need you to register/login to run a replay, which I'm not going to do, so I can't check it myself.

However, this is going to be one of two things: either your browser is blocking the streaming, or - depending on exactly how the site offers its video - you may require an updated Flash/ShockWave or additional codecs to play it.

Flash/Shockwave. Between them, these two allow you to view about about 90% of online streaming media. To test yours, please go HERE.

You should see a little Shockwave animation, with the version under the logo on the left (mine, for example, is 11.5).

Now click on the Test Adobe Flash Player link below. Same deal here; you'll get an animation/advert and in a separate box on the right will be the installed version (mine is 10.0.32).

If either of these tests don't show anything, go and install the latest versions of each, ShockWave from HERE, and Flash from HERE.

Second test. There's a chance your site uses standardised audio/video codecs to display its content. If you don't have these codecs installed, you'll see nothing. Actually, it's worth installing these codecs anyway, since they will enable you to play the vast majority of encoding types.

The All-In-One Codec pack, which contains all the common video encoding types, can be directly downloaded from HERE.

If you check/do all the above and things still don't work for you, then clearly either the site is at fault (have you tried this successfully from a different computer?), or something else is blocking the connection, probably browser security settings.

I have tried it on my sons laptop and it said that he needed Windows Media Player 11 and there was an option to install it (which I did). That worked fine. The problem is, when I clicked on install, It didn't take me to a web page. It basically just downloaded itself and installed fine. When I google Windows Media Player 11 for windows vista (to install it on mine), you go to the Microsoft website for it, but you cannot download it. There only seems to be a download for the XP version.

A link for that would be the best thing for now I think.

you go to the Microsoft website for it' date=' but you cannot download it. There only seems to be a download for the XP version.[/quote']

The reason is that WMP11 comes as part of Vista as standard. For XP users, it is a downloadable upgrade since they get an earlier version as part of their system (9 I think, but don't quote me on that). Vista users don't need it, and Microsoft don't offer it as a download, as it's already in their system (and you should be able to reinstall its components from your Vista disc).

It's odd the site is telling you your Windows Media Player version is out of date. This suggests to me that your site doesn't offer the replays in Shockwave or Flash. It's probably just embedding code to launch your system's WMP in the site, which would explain why it is complaining about versions at you. You say you've tried this on FireFox and IE?

You could try visiting Microsoft's update site and seeing if there are any updates available for WMP, or, failing that, try installing the codec pack I link to in my last post. This pack won't damage anything at all, it just adds functionality for your media players, including WMP to run all the standard video/audio filetypes.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Just tried the codec pack Tez and got this message on installation:-

Archive integrity check failed.

The expected setup file is 10,050,902 bytes

the actual setup file is 4,595,712 bytes

setup aborted.

Just tried the codec pack Tez and got this message on installation:-

Archive integrity check failed.

The expected setup file is 10,050,902 bytes

the actual setup file is 4,595,712 bytes

setup aborted.

Hmmm...they're genuine codecs, and run fine on XP systems.

Try this set of Vista codecs: HERE.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

The second set installed correctly Tez, but still no joy with the player.

I think my system was marginally damaged recently by a virus, there are one

or two aspects that do not work correctly. Still ok for most of the things I need it for though. I still have the original Vista disc but don't know how to just correct certain things. I think all my problems started when I installed Vista service pack 2. Would it be worthwhile trying to re-install that?

You can download WMP11 from here: Download Windows Media Player 11 - FileHippo.com

You might also want to download and run their update checker. This will check to see if newer versions of software you have is available. It's possible that your problem will be fixed by updating something like Flash or Shockwave. FileHippo.com Update Checker - FileHippo.com

You can download WMP11 from here: Download Windows Media Player 11 - FileHippo.com

You might also want to download and run their update checker. This will check to see if newer versions of software you have is available. It's possible that your problem will be fixed by updating something like Flash or Shockwave. FileHippo.com Update Checker - FileHippo.com

Thanks Migster, but I have already been on FileHippo, that is the XP version. The Vista version came with the original Vista software. I have either caught a virus in the past or it was when I installed Vista service pack 2 from their website when all the problems started. I think the latter is the more logical. Even now when I turn my laptop on or off, it just says configuring windows updates 1 of 3. But it just stays on 0%. I can still use the thing but my updates never installed properly. I think that corrupted my Media Player.

Before you start on me :p im not techy but did a google and this came up:confused:

giberish to me :rolleyes:

Muchas Gracias Tills, but followed the instructions and it just took me to where I had been before. There is no available download for Windows Vista. I need to reinstall Windows Vista to get it back. Don't know where it went in the first place:confused:.

I will have to hope that someone can guide me through it without having to reinstall the whole operating system.

Haven't got the equipment or the time to save all my data and do a new install.

Thanks again for trying though Tills.

You must be bored sh****ss to be in the techy forum:p

Muchas Gracias Tills, but followed the instructions and it just took me to where I had been before. There is no available download for Windows Vista. I need to reinstall Windows Vista to get it back. Don't know where it went in the first place:confused:.

I will have to hope that someone can guide me through it without having to reinstall the whole operating system.

Now theres a thing i had to reinstall it on my desktop :eek: yea yea don't faint :p but i never lost anything :confused:

Haven't got the equipment or the time to save all my data and do a new install.

Thanks again for trying though Tills.

:)

You must be bored sh****ss to be in the techy forum:p

You got that right :p pmsl