Could someone help me write some letters?

TrueMisterSix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was hoping to send A&L a letter regarding the charging situation I have been experiencing lately but am awful at writing letters and was hoping you guys could help me get it put together.

The situation is as follows:

In March '09 I accidentally went overdrawn by 10p. and remained overdrawn by 10p for a period of 10 days until my payday.

The following month I received 2 sets of charges; £65 (£5 per day overdrawn for 13 days) and a £5 Overdraft usage charge

I feel that it is hugely unfair to receive a charge of £5 per day for being 10p overdrawn!

This of course has had a further impact because these charges are continuously building each month - for example; in November it was the application of the charges that took me over my limit for a period of 8 days - which I'm certain will have counted to my charges the following month. These charges are always cutting into my disposable income, which is naturally meaning I keep getting overdrawn, and then charged again!

Would someone help me draft up a letter to perhaps get some of the fees back under TCF?

Might be a bit difficult in some ways as you have waited for almost a year to complain about the charge of £65 especially as they could argue that surely you could have managed to pay the 10p within 10 days as you knew their charging system.

Hope this doesn't sound critical, I am just looking at it from A&Ls point of view when they receive your letter.

Yeah, I take that point. It wasn't until this weekend and I sat down to examine why this spiral of charges was happening that I tracked it back and realised the foolish error of 10p that started it all.

It's just frustrating - I'm in this stupid, endless cycle of charges and can't lay my hands on enough cash to clear the overdraft and get access to my full paycheck again - things aren't great but at least my income covers my expenditure without starting on a minus each month because of charges!