backdoor HSBC/DG CCJ - Now going for CO to seize my home?

AnimalMagic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter over a week ago with a letter heading 'DG Solicitors' claiming I had ignored a court judgement and that they were seeking a charge over my home and threatening to seize my home. I am unaware of any court judgement, however looking back they sent a prior letter claiming that they had obtained a judgement. I have written to the court asking for verification, but as yet, not received an answer (after a week).

Is this an illegal scare tactic? Should I be concerned? The Bank is First Direct, but DG Solicitors claim to represent HSBC (I know FD is owned by HSBC).

How can they get a court judgement without my knowledge?

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Me vs Rockwell/Tessara/RBofS: pending.

Me vs MBNA/1st Crud: Discontinued.

First Direct Overdraft: CCJ won.

IR: 2 CCJs 1 won.

Birmingham Midshires: pending

BT: pending

others to come....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If what they were saying was untrue then I would contact the Law Society immediately.

You need to find out more about the judgment. They should not be able to obtain a judgment without your knowledge and as at the County Court level all claims are sent out by the court, you can take it that if a judgment does exist, that the papers were sent out. But you would need to check that the court had the correct address.

Don't contact the solictors at all. They may be phishing.

You are right to contact the court but why not call them and deal with it that way? See how far you get.

If there is a judgment then cme back here having read teh FAQ and the forum material.

If you consider that the judment debt is comprised substantially of charges, then you can have some fun at the bank's expense because by them suing you they have exposed themselves to the risk of a little retailation.

Fi Fy Fo Fum....

Thanks for the response.

But you would need to check that the court had the correct address.

We have lived here for 6 years, so unlikely the address is wrong. We have experienced missing post in the past, but haven't noticed anything lately.

You are right to contact the court but why not call them and deal with it that way? See how far you get.

I am away from home during the week and there is nowhere private I can telephone from - who invented open plan offices! :evil:

If you consider that the judment debt is comprised substantially of charges, then you can have some fun at the bank's expense because by them suing you they have exposed themselves to the risk of a little retailation.

In six months approx £1300 has gone up to over £2000, much due to charges of, from memory, £65 per month in addition to interest. This includes 2 months in which they claimed they wouldn't charge me, but did.

others to come....

As far as the correct address, how do you know thatthe court were supplied with the correct address?

However, if they had the correct address then you can take it that the documents were sent out. Very rare that things get lost in the post.

Find out about the judgment, date, value etc and come back here

As far as the correct address, how do you know thatthe court were supplied with the correct address?

I am assuming this as the solicitors are writting to the correct address. Be a bit dodgy supplying a false address to the court to get the judgement wouldn't it?

However, if they had the correct address then you can take it that the documents were sent out. Very rare that things get lost in the post.

Seem to remember a recent news article saying 14 million articles of lost post? Wonder how they get that figure, if they're lost, you can't count em :p

Find out about the judgment, date, value etc and come back here

Will do.

One last question, on the assumption that they do have a judgement, is it at all possible for them to get a charging order without my knowledge? Should I be concerned about this threat of seizing my home? It's a bit of a shock having received this...

others to come....

DG solicitors are inhouse solicitors of HSBC. They are based in HSBC offices in Birmingham. If you go to the Law Society website and "find a solicitor" put in DG solicitors you will get their full details. They are not a firm of solicitors they are employees of HSBC. Write back to them and request a copy of the judgement.

I have been in court against them last week in London. I am awaiting judgement this week. I sued HSBC for £400,000. Watch out for DG they will use every trick in the book. My guess is they have just said they have a judgement to frighten you.

Regards,

Lawstudent.

Suprisingly not very rare when sending letters unrecorded to banks I have found.

Barclays have 'lost' the last 2 letters I have sent them and they have lied to me on the phone. Barclaycard have lost only the one.

Seems bizarre when you consider that I am sending letters to friends that arrive safely and when I've bought things on ebay, they find their way to me quite happily.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I sued HSBC for £400,000.

That's one hell of a lot of bank charges ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

DG solicitors are inhouse solicitors of HSBC. They are based in HSBC offices in Birmingham. If you go to the Law Society website and "find a solicitor" put in DG solicitors you will get their full details. They are not a firm of solicitors they are employees of HSBC. Write back to them and request a copy of the judgement.

I have been in court against them last week in London. I am awaiting judgement this week. I sued HSBC for £400,000. Watch out for DG they will use every trick in the book. My guess is they have just said they have a judgement to frighten you.

Regards,

Lawstudent.

Couldn't agree more! i'm in court with them on 18 April. Thye don't have a hope in hell, but they are legally arrogant and like to intimidate.

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

If you lost your case and the bank were awarded costs of say 2k per day for 40 days then where are you going to find 80k?

Your house, they will apply to have you made bancrupt and then your assets will be sold to pay the debt.

Alternatively, on any outstanding debt, the creditor can apply to have a charge made against your home.

------------

------------

When in the HSBC forum I get a title:

HSBC Action Group - Consumer Action Group

You may want to fix this

others to come....

I get the same only without the blue ie HSBC Action Group - Consumer Action Group

I am poorer than you

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

It's the HTML tags - although they look okay from here. Theoretically the post that contains the problem (both your posts) should be blue text between the a bit like this blue

Actually - good test - is that blue and bold?

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It is blue and bold here. but it doesn't seem to work in the title. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1, but just tried it in IE and it shows the rather than the colour.

others to come....

I am using Firefox 1.0.7 and all the forums show forum title but in IE as you said, you get the blue bit as well.

Oh - your test, yes it is blue and bold :)

I don't undersatnd what is being said here.

Could you email a screenshot ctrl-print screen to me at bankfodder@bankactiongroup.co.uk

thanks

I don't undersatnd what is being said here.

Could you email a screenshot ctrl-print screen to me at bankfodder@bankactiongroup.co.uk

thanks

Sent :)

OK. I thought that it was appearing on the forum somewhere but it's not.

I suppose that it must be a browser setting.

It doesn't happen on mine - IE

I too use FF 150, and have not yet noticed this problem. Have you tried adjusting your settings - I'm no expert, but you definitely have a settings issue...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you view the page source, can you see HSBC Action Group, in the meta tags?

Bovvered,

I searched that string on both this page/thread, and also on the HSBC 'home page' - no luck.

It may be that you have a corrupted FF profile...my suggestion is that you download the portable (for a fast diagnostic) version of FF, and check the offending page again. If everything is 'clean' then you will definitely need to rebuild your profile.

I have had this problem in the past, though not on this forum...:rolleyes:

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks