Hillsden Securities and Mercantile Data citi finance debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received these two letters about a debt my husband has with original lender citi finance. We have requested the original CCA nothing yet but this letter from Hillsden and then this letter to day from Mercantile Data who were collecting the debt on behalf of Hillsden but the original creditor was Citi Finance. Please help

Stitched_001.jpg

Edited by jj itch

MDB is part of Hillsden Securities. There is nothing to worry about. They don't have an agreement so they cannot do anything. There is no such address as the one on MDB letters and the phone number is a divertionary number that redirects you through to Hillsden. Report that to the OFT - it is misleading and a breach of the CPUTR 2008. Every report is a nail in their coffin. As this was originally an Associates agreement, it is highly unlikely they will ever find it. Send Hillesden the Account in Dispute letter then ignore them. They are so desperate they are buying moth-eaten debts that have long festered in cupboards. Golden Rule as always - NEVER talk to them on the phone. They are a shower of cheeky nobodies.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be inclined to tell them you were well aware of the case thay mention, pointing out that it was not relevent as the aledged debtor was the one taking the bank to court, not the other way round. I would also remind them of the CSA guidlines that state if they cannot produce a true copy they must stop collection.

They seem to be sendng alot of these letters out recently, and it only goes to show their lack of understanding of the rules and regs. Either that or they are hoping to capitalise on your lack of understanding by blinding you with BS

• 1 month later...

Just a load of drivel their threatomatic has obviously gone into overdrive!

Did you send the account in dispute letter?

And have they marked your Credit file?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would send them this then, as to date they have no right processing your data, and certainly not marking your credit file.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/583-letter-to-request-the-halt-on-the-processing-of-your-data

Send a complaint to the CRA who has allowed them to mark your file, and instruct them that this incorrect information must be removed, ask for their complaints procedure and escalate the complaint to the ICO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I received a card from Hillsden Securities today saying they would like to send a representative to my address, what should i do

Tell them to sod off! Everything in WRITING ONLY!!!!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

You will have to edit this, to fit your circumstances,

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

I will again clearly state for the avoidance of doubt, that I will only communicate with you in writing, any representative you intend to send will be reported to the police for a tort of trespass.

I would edit everything in read, and leave it out, unless they have been harassing you over the phone?

• 4 months later...

Hillsden have been chasing a debt for a while I sent them the request to produce a CCCA but were unable to do so, but today I received a letter from them saying that

Further to our previous correspondence regarding your request for inofrmation under the CCA 1974 please find enclosed documnetation with the original lender, as requested.

Due t the age of the account the original executed agreement is no longer availabvle however the enclosed "True" copy is sufficient to satisfy the CCA 1974 regulations.

Your account will remain with our collections dept for collection activigty to continue. The demaning of payment is not considered enforcement and purely a stp taken prior to the commencement of proceedings as in the fuling in the case of McGuffick V RBS. Shoudl yo uwnat to view the Judgement in its entirety, it is easily accessilbe via the internet.

Whilst we may not be able to enforce the agreement, the monies remain outstanding. The agreement or any monies paid has not been made illegal or void because or our current failure to suply a copy ot the original agreement. We are prepared from taking steps to enfore the Credit agreement but the nderlying obiligation to repay remains in tact.

The reportinf of date to the CRAs and related activities do nto constitue enforecement for the purposes of the CCA 1974. OUr agreement with the CRA as well as the rules which govern the use and sharing of such information require Hillesden to report account level data this way.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Hillsden mush report accurate and up to date information at all times. As this account has been used and a debt has been incurred. this will be recorded to the Credit Reference Agencies. Siumilarly any payments made towards this account will also be reported.

i trust the above information resolves this matter.

They also enlcosed a letter from CITI saying

Dear Sir or Madam

Further to your recent request for a copy of the Credit card agreement for the debtor xxxxx ?We enclose true copies of the debtor's original and final agreements with Citi Finance.

Please can anyone help what should I do

JJ itch

"Due t the age of the account the original executed agreement is no longer availabvle however the enclosed "True" copy is sufficient to satisfy the CCA 1974 regulations."

"Whilst we may not be able to enforce the agreement, the monies remain outstanding."

So they have admitted they don't have the original and can't enforce the agreement in court by what you've written on this thread.

What you need to do now is scan the documents they sent and then use microsoft paint to remove personal info such as name, address, reference numbers and bar codes. Then post the images on this thread and people can advise you.

]