We need MTM back!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[/color][/font]I wouldn't have thought so, no. Why? :-?

Happily not, no, but that doesn't mean I have had my brain washed of the things I learned when I was on the team, and I know that as a matter of privacy, Admin don't comment on threads about the reason for putting a user on moderation, for obvious reasons. I also said that the best thing to do for a user who is unhappy is to contact Admin him/herself, which is not knowledge solely open to site team, there is actually a thread somewhere which says: "what to do if you have a complaint" or words to that effect. So I am a bit unclear as to why you were asking? :confused:

For a start, I do not wish to know the reason as to why he was moderated, as that would break confidentiality, of which I have to know a lot about that in my job! What I would like to know is why he hasn't been formally invited back to CAG, or is that too much to ask? & I'm sorry but as you are no longer part of the ADMIN or SITE TEAM then my question is not directed at you!!

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to know is why he hasn't been formally invited back to CAG, or is that too much to ask?

See my post, above. (Post #22)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I'm sorry but as you are no longer part of the ADMIN or SITE TEAM then my question is not directed at you!!
Indeed, but I believe that I can still comment, can I not? After all, one wouldn't want you to be disappointed or think that any conspiracy theory is confirmed when they don't respond, as it is my belief will happen.

As for being "invited" back, I can also say without betraying any confidentiality that I am not aware this is part of the protocol and don't quite understand why there should be an exception made here if it were the fact that he had been cast out, which we're being told isn't the case anyway.

I must say there seems to be a lot of passive-aggressive stuff going on, and I'm a bit at a loss as to why. :confused:

As most of you have probably noticed, I've not posted much lately & that is because everytime I have been on the site, I've noticed that CAG has gone into a steep decline with it's advice since the recent losing of the court cases & from what I can see, is that some of the present site team don't seem to have a clue as to what to do next and seem more concerned with petty point scoring than with actual getting on with helping people.

I personally think that the site team are guilty of moderating the life out of CAG by being jealous of those people with a greater understanding than some of themselves & are taking it far too personally when they are put right. I would have thought that CAG would need all the help that it can get from capable posters instead of discouraging them. I have also noticed that other good posters have also been chased away over the last couple of years.

Where will it all end?

Will moderators choose people with brown eyes next week & then move on to people with black hair the month after?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can I be invited back to :p

I can't believe I have been away so long and come back to the same old topic ...MTM .... what you been up to now and belated Happy Birthday

oooh Ja-de can you fix that post as it's hard to read

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

fixed

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thats a cut n paste aint it as I'm sure I've read that before .. new script needed me thinks :p

(MTM I lost your number as new phone so can you text me it )

Edited by Janet-M

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Yes it is, I typed it out on word first, just in case it gets lost, but you haven't seen it before as it's in MY own words, no-one elses.

Why is it that people on this site always jump to the wrong conclusions?

Edited by ja-de

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was joking .. take a chill pill

doubts.

Sorry Janet, but I've been getting rather annoyed tonight?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bookie, I would like to ask you a question

Are you familiar with the following link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founder%27s_syndrome

...You should be, because it is the one that you have banded about privately. So why, if you still believe that strongly that an 'Animal Farm' regime exists on the CAG site team, you even bother doing your usual trolling on the site?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have no idea what happened. He always seemed ok to me, but I can't claim to have read all his posts. Rather than a return to posting under moderation wouldn't it be better to talk it over with him - maybe this did happen - and see what the problem is? If I got banned, for any reason, I wouldn't see the sense in coming back if I was going to get banned again. I would want to understand exactly why and see if a clear compromise could be found. Who would want to come back to posting under moderation? Anyone?

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

I have no idea what happened. He always seemed ok to me, but I can't claim to have read all his posts. Rather than a return to posting under moderation wouldn't it be better to talk it over with him - maybe this did happen - and see what the problem is? If I got banned, for any reason, I wouldn't see the sense in coming back if I was going to get banned again. I would want to understand exactly why and see if a clear compromise could be found. Who would want to come back to posting under moderation? Anyone?

I wouldn't want to, to have all my posts 'auto-unapproved' then passed to the site-team, to no-doubt be thrown out completely, I would much rather come back when I could post like any other person on this site.

I think it's a travesty that MTM is treated in this way, when others are getting let off scot free!

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I for one really do miss MTM as well and had a good rapour with him, a real fun guy with no malice, he told it as it was and always made me laugh. But I firmly believe it was his decision to leave CAG after he was put on moderation. Just a thought, maybe it is time to let bygones be bygones and remove the moderation from him.

But sadly as well a load of other VALUABLE CAG members that have been banned from this site - in fact good peeps that have been helping folk and answering their posts (I am not going to name them individually) where other CAG members leave posts which go ananswered and new members and indeeed old members asking for advice are now not getting the help that they need which is frustrating.

One post against many others that I come accross the other day he had bumped it so many times and no one had come to his aid - this has to be resolved with the CAG team - folk come here because they need help and sadly they are not getting it.

What strikes me is that since the Supreme Coury Judgement that there has not yet been any clear way forward offered to CAG members. Perhaps some energies ought to be chanelled in this direction and stop banning peeps that were at least offering some sound advice and helping folk.

Think about the bigger picture, a happy site where everyone gets along is the way it should be.

Tuttsi

Bookie, I would like to ask you a question

Are you familiar with the following link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founder%27s_syndrome

...You should be, because it is the one that you have banded about privately.

Please see the word I have highlighted and since I only ever e-mailed it to ONE person, I am sure that person will be very grateful to you for this.

So why, if you still believe that strongly that an 'Animal Farm' regime exists on the CAG site team, you even bother doing your usual trolling on the site?

The "Animal Farm" comments are nearly 2 years out of date, and a lot of water has gone under that bridge since, and are unrelated to the current structure, thankfully.

as for my "trolling", see what I mean about passive-aggressive? I asked a perfectly genuine question: "what makes you think there is a vendetta going on?" and you jumped down my throat. :-?

Since *I* am not privy to anything going on, when I read this, I assumed -perhaps wrongly- that you knew something more than the rest of us, certainly that is what your not-so-veiled hints alluded to. Instead of replying, you have been attacking me further and further to the point of accusing me of trolling this site, which is pretty far-stretched, I'm sure most would agree.

So I ask again, what do you know? You hint of a vendetta, you get very defensive when people don't all jump and agree with you, you admit to being "very annoyed", but it all amounts to a rant and nothing much else. You chose to do this on a public forum, you've got to expect a public reaction. Simply because people don't jump on your bandwagon doesn't mean they're trolling, just choosing not to baaa along.

Oh, and one more thing: if you had bothered to read my comments properly, you would have noticed that I didn't indicate anything about my own feelings about MTM. The reason is that my opinion is private and I find it quite repulsive to have people publicly shouting their love or hatred of a person who by all accounts is not even around, and tossing him around like a piece of meat.

As most of you have probably noticed, I've not posted much lately & that is because everytime I have been on the site, I've noticed that CAG has gone into a steep decline with it's advice since the recent losing of the court cases & from what I can see, is that some of the present site team don't seem to have a clue as to what to do next and seem more concerned with petty point scoring than with actual getting on with helping people.

I personally think that the site team are guilty of moderating the life out of CAG by being jealous of those people with a greater understanding than some of themselves & are taking it far too personally when they are put right. I would have thought that CAG would need all the help that it can get from capable posters instead of discouraging them. I have also noticed that other good posters have also been chased away over the last couple of years.

Where will it all end?

Will moderators choose people with brown eyes next week & then move on to people with black hair the month after?

Jade, i understand everyone's frustration on what has gone on with the Supreme Court Case. This was only ever meant to be a self help forum and we encouraged people to do what they thought was best for them.

Since the court case we are now finding many users having their cases struck out, it is now become in many cases, a damage limitation exercise. It is time consuming, i personally have users and collegues working together to find solutions to the problems we are facing. The site team are volunteers, part time, and are not lawyers. Have a look at the times some of the site team have been posting, in the middle of the nght, when most of you are asleep. We have gone way beyond the call of duty here.

Please don't turn this thread into a personal attack on us, we are here to help. CAG has many enemies, some previous users of this site go out of their way to cause trouble on here, having many user names was one method. Ever wondered why CAG does not have a Twitter or Facebook account?. The reason is someone else registered the account so that THIS site can not use it. So you see, there are darker forces STILL causing this site problems, and its a constant battle.

Now back on topic, MTM can post if he so wishes, although he is on Moderation. His posts will be read by the site team first before being approved. MTM please get in contact if you wish to post.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

other CAG members leave posts which go ananswered and new members and indeeed old members asking for advice are now not getting the help that they need which is frustrating.

One post against many others that I come accross the other day he had bumped it so many times and no one had come to his aid - this has to be resolved with the CAG team - folk come here because they need help and sadly they are not getting it.

What strikes me is that since the Supreme Coury Judgement that there has not yet been any clear way forward offered to CAG members.

Sorry, I have to address this, as it is something I have seen under 1 form or another over the site.

Let me point out the obvious: It took 2 1/2 yrs for the OFT and the banks, using top paid QC and arguably some of the finest legal minds in the land to deal with SOMe of the points of the test case. How are laymen and women supposed to come up with a fix within weeks of the most devastating and unexpected judgment of all??? the one thing people who know about the law all seem to agree on is that there is NO easy fix, NO one size fits all... MSE with a lot more money to play with, have themselves only offered a possible help to the hardship cases through the FOS, so exactly what do you expect from here?

Somethign else which seems to escape the attention of so many is that the site team are not the only ones who can and should answer posts. You mention the chap who kept on bumping his thread, did YOU help him? Maybe you did, in which case great, or maybe you didn't, in which case why not? Maybe you didn't know the answer? That's absolutely fine, but why expect the team to do better? At the moment, it is painfully clear that none of us have any clear answer, which is exactly what the banks were hoping for and it has succeeded. :-( Blaming the team for that is grossly unfair, tbh.

I'm not sucking up to anyone, btw, I have had my run-ins with them too, the difference is that I dealt with my issues privately. Using them as scapegoats because they don't have any more answers than you or me is demoralising for people who help where and when they can.

Yes, it is frustrating. But lay the blame where it belongs: with the banks, the DCAs, and a legal system which seems more and more intent to ride roughshod over the little people at every corner. :-(

*off soapbox*

CAG has many enemies, some previous users of this site go out of their way to cause trouble on here, having many user names was one method. Ever wondered why CAG does not have a Twitter or Facebook account?. The reason is someone else registered the account so that THIS site can not use it. So you see, there are darker forces STILL causing this site problems, and its a constant battle.

I don't doubt a word of that and it's probably worse than you think. :sad:

Yes, it is frustrating. But lay the blame where it belongs: with the banks, the DCAs, and a legal system which seems more and more intent to ride roughshod over the little people at every corner. :-(

*off soapbox*

The legal system did great till it got to the Supreme Court. :rolleyes:

The legal system did great till it got to the Supreme Court. :rolleyes:

Why isn't every case decided by the Supreme Court? Seeing as the other courts cannot do their job properly. They judged in our favour twice, just to be told by The Supreme Court that their judgment(s) were wrong. I know it's a lot more complicated than that, but as a Layman, that's how I see it.

For the original courts to make a wrong judgment TWICE, they should not be judging at all.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Why isn't every case decided by the Supreme Court? Seeing as the other courts cannot do their job properly. They judged in our favour twice, just to be told by The Supreme Court that their judgment(s) were wrong. I know it's a lot more complicated than that, but as a Layman, that's how I see it.

For the original courts to make a wrong judgment TWICE, they should not be judging at all.

My views are well known. In a nutshell, I believe the Supreme Court made an Establishment decision. I best not send the thread off topic by gibbering on about it. ;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks