We need MTM back!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not taking sides but my feelings and opinions on what I've read on here are -

I don't understand why Bookie has seemingly been attacked when obviously all she was doing was try to help?? :confused::confused:

People on here need to stick together, as previously mentioned there are enough people out there trying to tear away our rights and fight us, why fight each other? It would seem to me that Bookie was only trying to help, and was not being personal at all but answering questions and trying to clarify site rules, as she does have the experience to answer such questions. As for any private personal feelings she may have had and may have shared with friends, they should remain that. I'm sure everyone on here has had a whinge to friends about things at one time or another, I hope people don't all start reporting everyone's, there wouldn't be enough room for one and we'd probably all be banned.

As for the matter at hand, I don't have any idea what's happened and can't say I really know MTM, but I'm sure he's capable of coming back should he want to, and from the sounds of things I hope he does, he sounds a very helpfull chap. To ask the site team to ask him to come back does sound like a bit much, as people have been pointing out, they do have an awfull lot of things to do and I'd rather they spend their time continuing to do the difficult job that they do so well.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would add my tuppence worth.:)

I am not here to get into a mud slinging competition with anyone. I cannot comment on MTM as I was not aware of anything that has gone on. I have noticed his absence along with other people, but people come and go here for many reasons and are free to do so.

We have all felt a bit deflated after the Supreme Court decision and probably don't hold out much hope of ever winning but I for one with the help of cag will keep on trying.

There are still a lot of people joining cag who need our help. There are battles we can win. I have been trying my best over the last couple of weeks to help as many as I can. I even put a thread in the bear garden about the amount of unanswered posts.

I am proud to be a member of cag. As said all along if we all stand together and help each other we can achieve bigger things. In fighting and accusations will only put people off. I bet the 'Trolls' are reading this thread with a smile on their smug little faces.

I myself was accused of being a troll this week by a cagger. I was furious as I was only trying to help. I went away and sulked then came back even more determined. I know I am not a troll only a normal person who has had a really bad time over the last few years. Cag has helped me so much. I know there are a lot of people out there who need cag to turn to and although I am not an expert I can relay the help and advice I got to others.

Let's try and get back on track and fight for our rights not fight each other.

Bookie has helped a lot of people over the years, including me, and does not deserve this appauling treatment.

MTM has offended me a number of times but I chose to ignore him and not look at any of his posts. I think it is entirely up to him to choose if he posts again, by the rules of CAG, or not.

There are a lot of other people on here with incredible knowledge who are more than willing to share it. No one is infalable.

A lot of us are disappointed about the Supreme Court decision but we have to stick together and go forward as a whole and not strands.

We live in a democratic society and are entitled to our opinions.

JB

Bookworm....

Sorry, I have to address this, as it is something I have seen under 1 form or another over the site. For the record it was not a personal dig at you BW, it was a general feeling of how it looks to me and others by the sounds of it.

Let me point out the obvious: It took 2 1/2 yrs for the OFT and the banks, using top paid QC and arguably some of the finest legal minds in the land to deal with SOMe of the points of the test case. How are laymen and women supposed to come up with a fix within weeks of the most devastating and unexpected judgment of all??? the one thing people who know about the law all seem to agree on is that there is NO easy fix, NO one size fits all... MSE with a lot more money to play with, have themselves only offered a possible help to the hardship cases through the FOS, so exactly what do you expect from here? I agree with no more templated POCS.... as one POC does not fit all banks and each persons own circumstances, but many of us here do not understand the legalities of the Supreme Judgement and what has to be done next Maybe just as a thought some guidance as a general announcement as what peeps should do when they here from the banks or indeed the court.

Somethign else which seems to escape the attention of so many is that the site team are not the only ones who can and should answer posts.

You mention the chap who kept on bumping his thread, did YOU help hi m? Maybe you did, in which case great, or maybe you didn't, in which case why not? Maybe you didn't know the answer? That's absolutely fine, but why expect the team to do better? I did help him, and why would I not help a fellow cagger, it was not a straight forward case and it was nothing to do with bank charges, he was in a complete panic, as I said this is just one of many threads that have never been answered. I am on a mission at the moment with CMC's and I am always helping with what I know and understand and have helped many in this field. At the moment, it is painfully clear that none of us have any clear answer, which is exactly what the banks were hoping for and it has succeeded. :-( Blaming the team for that is grossly unfair, tbh. I have not blamed the team, all I said was that many members who were helping others have been banned and it is a shame that more heads together could help.

I'm not sucking up to anyone, btw, I have had my run-ins with them too, the difference is that I dealt with my issues privately. Using them as scapegoats because they don't have any more answers than you or me is demoralising for people who help where and when they can.

Yes, it is frustrating. But lay the blame where it belongs: with the banks, the DCAs, and a legal system which seems more and more intent to ride roughshod over the little people at every corner. :-( Yes the banks are to blame and the legal sytem in this country.

I will reiterate what I said earlier - the point which was glossed over, was that I just hoping that CAG could let bygones be bygones and lets all work together peacefully and let some of the more experienced peeps who have been banned back to help other peeps who clearly need help and are not getting it because they are not allowed to do so which is a great shame.

*off soapbox*

btw... I know this thread is about our old friend MTM, I firmly believe that if he wants to post here on CAG he can - but he will be monitored for the time being. It is his clearly his choice as I understand it not to post on CAG and MTM if you are arround we all miss your sense of humour, so come back hun and strut your good humour.

Tuttsi

I didn't take it as a personal dig, hun, don't worry. It's just I feel as I am not team any more, I can express what many would like to say but can't:

The team are caught between a rock and a hard place, they have to deal with all kind of unpleasantness and invariably will get blamed one way or another. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. For every person wanting MTM back for example, you'll find another one who would be outraged if he were given free rein, and of course, both sides have their reasons. Either way, the team will get blamed for what went wrong, goes wrong or will go wrong. And the worst of it is, they are not supposed to answer back, they're supposed to distance themselves and let things slide. Well, as you know, CAGgers are not known for their shy retiring qualities and it often really hard to bite your tongue and not say everything that would amply justify you.

Earlier, Ja-de asked if I was still team, and my reply was "thankfully no". The "thankfully" is because now, I can, for example, speak up for those who can't, and express MY opinion without some moron thinking I speak for the site, and that is very liberating. :-D

Take care, and regards to Mr Tuttsi. ;-)

I am completely neutral in this matter as I have had neither meaningful conversations with MTM nor run-ins with him.

Where a member had been placed on moderation, that is a matter which lies expressly between the member concerned and the moderation/admin team. It is not a matter for public discussion on the forum. If the member who has been moderated disagrees with the decision to moderate, it is for him/her to raise privately with the moderation/admin team, with the support of other members if required, in accordance with the complaints procedure which Bookworm has very kindly provided a link to.

I am closing this thread for the moment because I am of the view that it no longer serves a purpose. I appreciate that others may not share that view. Questions which have been asked have been answered as far as is possible; it would not be appropriate for matters which are between a member and moderators/admin to continue to be discussed in this manner, and the member concerned has chosen not to comment; which is something he could do if he so choose to.

As a member of the team who is in a neutral position as far as this issue is concerned, I am closing this thread but not removing it; to remove it entirely would defeat the purpose of it. Others may have similar questions about moderation and they can view the answers given.

Thanks for everyone's comments on the matter.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks