UKPC/JBW Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I normally post on the bailiff forum but pop over here from time to time and just to confirm................

I am a female !!!!

:D

I normally post on the bailiff forum but pop over here from time to time and just to confirm................

I am a female !!!!

I did my grovelling apology further up the thread ladder.;-) Post 21 to be exact.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,Needing some advise please,my partner was driving my car and was issued with a fine for leaving the car park(approx 6 months ago),after reading up on numerous forums I decided to take the advise and just ignore any correspendance regarding this fine(issued to me as the owner of the vehicle but not the driver on that day).I have not responded to any letters from UKPC or their collection agency.Today the bailiff called and have left a letter,I am prepared to go to court but am worried that they may call back and clamp my car.Any suggestions please?

I have now looked at the letter that you have copied. On the right hand side this should tell you what the debt relates to. There are 5 categories of enforcment (warrant of execution etc etc). One of these boxes should have details on it. Can you tell us which box is completed.

What date has been given?

How much are JBW asking you for?

Are you certain that this is for a private parking ticket or could it be for something else?

That picture looks like a blank form, looking specifically at the date section at the top of the page - I certainly can't see anything to suggest it's actually been posted.

I have to say, it leads me on to something i did wonder. Do you tend to get posters on this site who actually work for one of the parking companies debt recovery services who post trying to scare people into paying? It was a thought that crossed my mind with this particular case because, from everything I have read, it a) sounds very unlikely and b) frankly sounds like it's an illegal path to pursue (sending out unwarrented threats that aren't back up by genuine court orders).

So, is anyone aware of fake posts happening to try to scare us into paying? Or am I being overly paranoid?

That picture looks like a blank form, looking specifically at the date section at the top of the page - I certainly can't see anything to suggest it's actually been posted.

I have to say, it leads me on to something i did wonder. Do you tend to get posters on this site who actually work for one of the parking companies debt recovery services who post trying to scare people into paying? It was a thought that crossed my mind with this particular case because, from everything I have read, it a) sounds very unlikely and b) frankly sounds like it's an illegal path to pursue (sending out unwarrented threats that aren't back up by genuine court orders).

So, is anyone aware of fake posts happening to try to scare us into paying? Or am I being overly paranoid?

The overwhelming success of the CAG forums has meant that on the bailiff part of the forum ( where I normally post replies) it is commonplace for bailiffs ( and recently solicitors as well !!) to be posting responses or at least viewing the posts.

In fact, when complaints are made about a bailiff to the court, solicitors have frequently been known to produce copies of posts from CAG in evidence !!

On the parking part of forum, I am not an expert at who posts here but I am aware that council members are amongst posters.

That is why it is important to be careful what is written and to keep your identity hidden !!!

The form is not dated and doesn't have a reference number

in the spaces provided, also I find the wording.....

An Enforcement Agent (that is, a certified bailiff)

Very clever wording IMHO...

Also the letter has the Debt Management wording on the letterhead..

Separately, Asking a "debtor" to settle an account with a credit card

(bottom of letter) contravenes the OFT's guidance on debt collection

practices. It encourages further borrowing to pay existing debt/s.

I'ld actually phone the 'bailiff' from a witheld number and

ask some pretty stern questions, but that's me and not for everyone..

Edited by diskmandave

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

The form is not dated and doesn't have a reference number

in the spaces provided, also I find the wording.....

Very clever wording IMHO...

Also the letter has the Debt Management wording on the letterhead..

Separately, Asking a "debtor" to settle an account with a credit card

(bottom of letter) contravenes the OFT's guidance on debt collection

practices.

I'ld actually phone the 'bailiff' from a witheld number and

ask some pretty stern questions, but that's me and not for everyone..

I know of three "bailiff companies" that are enforcing these private parking tickets. These are Rossendales Ltd, JBW Ltd and Newlyn PLC.

What is very worrying indeed is this. Unless a voluntary payment is made, these debts are not enforceable UNLESS the owner of the private land obtains a County Court Judgment.

SO HOW DO THESE COMPANIES MAKE ANY MONEY !!!

The other point that I would make is that the paperwork from these companies that advertise the fact that they are "bailiffs" would appear to be against the Debt Collection Guidance issued by the Office of Fair Trading !! ( link below)

http://www.debtwizard.com/images/stories/files/oft-debt-collection-guidelines.pdf

Edited by tomtubby

The overwhelming success of the CAG forums has meant that on the bailiff part of the forum ( where I normally post replies) it is commonplace for bailiffs ( and recently solicitors as well !!) to be posting responses or at least viewing the posts.

Hmmm, very interesting...

I was actually thinking of people from these companies posting under aliases leaving posts like "I didn't pay and got taken to court, fined £500 and a CCJ so you better pay up" - thus trying to scare those of us on here into paying when we don't have to...

Still, it's useful to know that the professionals do come here...