NEXT Directory - response to CCA request

bradfordlad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

as you may know, I have several issues at the moment with various creditors.

Anyway, a couple of months ago, I wrote to Next to ask for a copy of my original agreement. Nothing fancy, just a nice request. I got a letter back with a copy of a blank "Consumer Credit Agreement".

I did a formal CCA request a couple of weeks ago, and I've (hopefully) linked to their response below.

Would anyone be so kind as to have a look and share their thoughts?

I don't think it takes a genius to see that its rubbish, but wonder what my options are regarding future payments.

For the record, I had to request reduced payments unitl further notice due to major changes in personal circumstances. Interestingly, while all my other creditors kicked up a stink, Next just said "YES!" and are happily accepting a much lower payment, with no interest being charged.

Anyway - here's my letters:

Response: http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/citygent1911/Next1.gif

Supposed CCA: http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy57/citygent1911/Next2.gif

Thanks in advance.

BL

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help

So should I stop paying them altogther? They have been quite reasonable with me - thats what makes me think they've got no paperwork!!

Should I ask to see the agreement bearing my signature?

ll your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi everyone - bit of an update...

Been ignoring Next for a few months, as they keep sending the same "True Copy" of an agreement so not been ars*d to waste a stamp on them.

Had a letter recently from Moorcroft Debt Collections - requesting payment of the full outstanding balance.

As far as I can see, I havn't received a Default Notice from Next, so is this classed as unlawful rescission? If so, I might just tell Moorcroft to shove it :) Has anyone else heard of Next terminating without a DN?

Thanks in advance - BL

ll your help

• 9 months later...

I had an account with Next, for which they withdrew the credit facility last year. I had not missed a payment on the account since it was opened around six years ago. Apparently, they review credit files on a regular basis and decide to remove the facility. as they did this, I stopped paying them and they have defaulted the account, I have been getting letters and calls from Debt Manager LTD, yesterday I got a letter from them with a load of old statements and a completely blank agreement!!

So I would say that unlawful recission is quite commonplace with Next.

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).