Natwest default advice needed!

akes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello:-)

I would like some advice on how to get rid of an default put on my credit file by natwest. Its quite a long story but i will try to make it short.

I had a student account which was 2000 overdrawn at the end of my final year. I was offered a job abroad so I went into natwest and asked them to close the account, however a memeber of staff told me to keep it open as it was 'interest free' so i left it at that. What the staff member didnt tell me was that i was only interst free for a year.

My job abroad went well and i ended up extending my contract. i had another overdrawn account with another bank and i paid that off whilst abroad. I used to transfer as money into my natwest account whenever I could. After the interest free period ended, natwest started charging interest and all the money i had paid in was used up by the interest and bank charges. I called natwest from abroad 3 times to explain the situation but they still put charges on my account.

When i finally returned to the uk, i discovered that about 2 weeks before i arrived, natwest had closed my account and sent my details to a debt collection agency. I was unemployed at the time so i called the agency and tried to make arrangements to pay but they refused and threatened to take me to court. I decided not to respond to any of their calls and waited for the court date (which never happened). I found out last year that natwest had put a default on my credit file which is giving me alot of trouble now.

Following the advice of a friend, i sent a letter to the credit agency (Apex) asking them to send me a copy of the original credit agreement. This morning i recieved a letter from Natwest with my original letter to Apex attached. On my letter to Apex they've written 'Acct closed at Apex ref number XXXX RBS retail'.

The letter from Natwest says 'We return your letter attached, which we are unable to action. Unfortunately we do not hold your signature on record, so please take your passport into your branch for them to forward to us at Credit Management Services'. please can you sign your correspondence on return. We look forward to hearing from you'

Im now unsure about what to do next.... I don't want to sign anything because i've heard stories of credit agencies forging signatures. Im also unsure about my standing. Do I contact Apex and tell them to take the default off my credit file or do I write to natwest and ask for the orignal credit agreement?

Thank you for reading this long post! :)

Welcome to the forum akes.

I'm not sure what happens in this instance to be honest. I'd imagine the debt would still be unenforceable because they were not able to provide the original CCA within 12 working days.

Hopefully somebody with more experience can chime in.