• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

vikkijarda v Lloyds **WON**

vikkijarda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do both as soon as I get my money without hesitation. This forum is excellent and deserves as much support as we can give.

4/10/06 - Claim settled in full+costs+interest.

6/10/06 - court hearing date.

Allocation questionaire returned to the court-18/7/06 deadline 25/7/06

Allocation Questionaire rec'd dated- 6/7/06

Acknowledgment of Service rec'd full defence- 15/6/06

Reply from solicitors want more info.-14/6/06

Money claim filed £1653 - 7/6/06

Reply rec'd to LBA-27/5/06

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Reply from LLoyds TSB a big fat NO - 12/5/06

1st request for payment sent - 09/05/06

Statements Rec'd - 21/4/06

Data Protection Act request sent to Lloyds - 22/3/06

previously known as VIKKI ARDA

Forum InfoContact

Help please. Has anyone got an example letter whereby the offer is accepted but not the conditions and interest to date of settlement is requested. I also want to request a refund of charges since the claim.

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

Hi Vik,

Got a similar problem. Got an offer with conditions and without interest. Edited the non relevant stuff but wrote 21/09:

In response to your offer letter dated September 7th 2006, I do not accept this offer of £xxxx. The full sum acceptable will be £xxxx, plus interest calculated to the date of settlement and costs of £220.00.

In addition, I do not accept your terms number 3 and 4 in the offer letter and I will not sign an agreement if these terms are included.

Point 3 - My case is based on UK Contract Law and that Lloyds have acted unlawfully by levying penalties charges on my account. If penalty charges are made to my account in the future, then they will also be unlawful and unenforceable.

Point 4 – I do not have to accept any such confidentiality clause. My case against Lloyds is a matter of law and I am frankly rather disappointed that your client should seek to introduce this term.

Had a conversation with SF&W (sorry meant SC&M) today. Outragous. Taped it for prosperity. They have allegidly sent another offer letter.

Bottom line - their conditions are unacceptable. Tell them so.

All the best.

Hi Wolf

Thanks for the reply only just picked it up. I have drafted a reply used a bit of yours and bits from others plus my own touches. Here it is, it's a bit long winded.What do you think or anyone elses comments are also very welcome.

Vikki

Dear Sirs,

I write with reference to your letter dated 25th September 2006 and have duly noted the contents.

You mention that your clients Lloyds TSB, have very kindly offered to settle my claim.

We are willing to accept your kind offer of £1873.32 along with the additional interest of £37.81 totalling £1911.03 as a full settlement of this claim.

The conditions upon which we accept your offer are

1) that our original court proceedings will continue as previously stated until the full amount is credited to our account.

2) We will accept a review of our bank account if our branch feels this to be necessary.

3) All reasonable effort will be taken by us to keep the account within the agreed overdraft limit.

4) We will also be looking to reclaim the unlawful charges applied to bank account 01232525 since 8th June 2006, which total £540.00 (this includes £100.00 that is to be debited from the account on 2nd October 2006). We are prepared to commence another claim regarding this amount should your clients not wish to co-operate by refunding this amount along with the amount of the claim as stated above.

- My case is based on UK Contract Law and that Lloyds have acted unlawfully by levying penalties charges on my account. If penalty charges are made to my account in the future, then they will also be unlawful and unenforceable.

5)I do not have to accept any such confidentiality clause. My case against Lloyds is a matter of law and I am frankly rather disappointed that your client should seek to introduce this term.

We will be forwarding a copy of this letter to the court in preparation for the court hearing. This will enable the court to see that we are prepared to negotiate with you prior to the court hearing for any amounts claimed and the conditions thereon.

We look forward to hearing from you within the next 7 days.

Yours faithfully

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

Good letter Vik - I have every confience that it will hit the mark!

I've just updated my thread - I got evey last penny credited to my account today. Full unconditional settlement £3450. I didnt sign anything at all - in fact I didnt even get another letter from SCM.

Feelin' good

Wolfs

Here's mine, just in case you want to adopt any parts of it;

Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell

Department SO

PO Box 499

Upper Ground Floor

1 – 5 Queens Road Quadrant

Brighton

BN1 3XJ

18th August 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account Number: ****** ********

GaryH-v-Lloyds Bank PLC

Claim Number: ********

Thank you for your letter dated 14th August 2006, in which you offer settlement in relation to my claim against your client, Lloyds TSB Bank PLC.

Regretfully, I am unable to agree to settle upon the terms to which you request. In previous correspondence with your client, I have made absolutely clear on numerous occasions that this matter will not be resolved until such time as I receive a full and unconditional re-imbursement of the money taken from me by way of unlawful charges. Whilst I realise that I must mitigate my loss, I am under no obligation to accept any conditions and furthermore, you have no right to attempt to impose them. I am prepared to settle this matter for the amount of the claim, namely £364.03 as per your offer, but this amount should be offered unconditionally. Please note that my position on the matter of conditions is final and that no further correspondence or negotiation will be entered into in this regard.

I feel I must also comment upon how disappointed I am at the manner in which both you and your client have conducted yourselves throughout the process of this claim. You have displayed brinksmanship at every single stage of the process which I find to be most distasteful. Also, as these seem to be the tactics deployed by you and your client in every other case similar to this one, these tactics are seemingly an attempt at intimidation which, in my view, constitutes a cynical abuse of the court system.

Furthermore, I find the tone of your recent letter to be inappropriate and the content to be, in part, deceptive. I particularly refer to the first paragraph in which you state the letter to be “confidential between yourself, ourselves and the bank.” However, you must surely be aware that there can be no unilateral imposition of confidentiality in these circumstances and for you to state otherwise is an untruth. Should this disingenuous representation continue in future correspondence, I may be minded to make a formal complaint to the Law Society.

Yours Faithfully,

In hindsight though, its probably a bit blunt. I should have given an explaination of why I found the conditions unacceptable. Still, I think they got the message loud and clear!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just one thing - if their letter is without prejudice, you can't send your one to the court as you are directly referring to it.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

:confused: I thought that as this is the hands of the Court any correspondence between the Claimant and the Defendant must be disclosed to them. Can anyone confirm this please.

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

Not if the correspondance is 'without prejudice'. Even though your letter isn't marked as such, it still discloses the content of a without prejudice letter.

The point of marking a letter 'Without prejudice' is so its not to be disclosed in court, as the contents may prejudice a case.

Thanks guys I will delete that bit from the letter. The hearing is listed for 11.00am 6th October 2006 they are cutting it a bit fine. Is it likely they will try to adjourn to a later date.

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

:D I've done it. I was credited with the full amount + interest to date of settlement tonight. It wasn't there at lunchtime then I looked tonight and there it was on the statement SETTLEMENT OF CLAIM £1916.52.

That was close the hearing was set for 6/10/06.

Do I need to tell the court? Sorry but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

I am delighted I'm never really very lucky but maybe this is the start of a change of luck. I intend to claim credit card charges next and reclaim my mum's bank charges.;-)

Thank you to everyone it's been a great experience I fell like I've got to know some people.

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

:D Whoopee I've done it I was credited with £1916.52 tonight. It wasn't there at lunchtime. I looked online tonight and there it was. "SETTLEMENT OF CLAIM".

It was close the court hearing was set for this Friday 6/10/06 at 11.15am.

Thank you so much everyone for all the support and advice. Good luck with all the claims.

I intend to reclaim my mum's bank charges within the next couple of weeks just wating for the latest charges to go on. I will also look at claiming from the credit card yes it's Lloyds TSB and a couple of others later.

Thank you so much everyone for all the advice and support.

I couldn't work out how to change the title of my thread. So in the excitement just started a new one.

Whoopee now I can pay all my bills. :roll:

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Forum InfoContact

well done Vicky

Have a brill time spending it :-)

NW (NO 1) ACC

REC'D FULL SETTLEMENT 5/01/07 :)

NW (NO2) ACC

REC'D FULL SETTLEMENT 28/12/06 :lol:

NW (JOINT) ACC

MCOL STAGE AS WE SPEAK :-|

Court date 23rd May(bring it on!!!!)

Paid up 3 wks before court date - all done & dusted ( for now lol)

Well done Vikki

Sweetpants

Lloyds Data Protection Act Delivered by hand 23/08 --Prelim & claim for 3 yrs @ £4011.58 by hand 30/08/06 "sorry your not happy" letter received 5/9 LBA going out on 13th .Enforcement notice received 8/9 Reply sent 12/9.LBA delivered 13/09.:cool: Claim Filed 4/10 £4804 "Sorry Enforcement notice was mistake.Anything we can do to help blah blah" letter rec 5/10:o Court claim deemed served 18/10

Lloyds filed acknowledgement 20/10.They now have 28 days to file defence.Defence filed and AQ received 9/128-)

Court date set 14th Feb.Court bundle sent.Nothing rec from [problem]

****WON*****.

:) :) CONGRATULATIONS VIKKI:-) :-)

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Congratulations Vikki!;-)

I'm hoping they'll settle with me in the next month

Natalie x

LTSB -claiming back WON!!!

Mint credit card - WON!!!

Morgan Stanley credit card - WON!!!

LTSB credit card - MCOL issued WON!!

Barclaycard - MCOL issued for balance of partial refund 200.00

Gorvins Solicitors - WON!!!

That's brilliant news. I'm just starting out on mine so it's great to see this post :D

debtfreemummy x

xSharon x

Debtfreemummy (well I will be - one day!) :grin:

-LLOYDS TSB (2 accounts)

Sep 07 - awaiting current bank/OFT court case

-Lloyds TSB Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - rec'd statements but not in full

-Mint Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - not rec'd anything!

-Marbles Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - statements rec'd 14.6.07 but not in full!

-Egg Visa - S.A.R - sent 1.5.07 - rec'd statements

-Lloyds TSB Loan PPI - after going through FOS received offer of full amount + interest!

Hmmm - thought I'd already said congratulations in here. Oh well, congratulations!

(PS: don't forget to take the survey! :p)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.