Rooftop Mortgages v F.O.S.

pwg6565
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved communication from F.O.S. regarding my complaint against Rooftop.

The arrears charges range from £ 50 to £ 75 per month.

The F.O.S. have given Rooftop 8 weeks to come up with a final response.

I would like to encourage as many people with Rooftop Mortgages to complain and go down the F.O.S route.

The charges they are adding are extreme and now they are closed for new business they are bleeding customers dry in any way they can to be honest.

We as customers need to make a stand against these thieves !!!

Can anyone tell me if the arrears fees can be legally chased by Rooftop with threatening letters or do the charges have to be added to the total mortgage amount ?

My arrears are all cleared up and it is just the charges they have enforced that remain. £ 1800 of them with interest.:-x

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Recieved a letter from Rooftop stating all the charges added to my account were fair and they would be contacting me soon to negotiate a pay back plan !!!

I have now put the matter into the hands of the F.O.S. so will update the thread when I hear from them. Any news from anyone else ??

Rooftop are still collecting the book but not selling products or lending.

FSA cracks down on mortgage arrears charges - Telegraph

UPDATE.......

I have recieved correspondance from the F.O.S that they have upheld my complaint and Rooftop have agreed in principal.....

Details to follow regarding figures etc !!!

• 1 year later...

hi I am with roof top with loads of charges, which they are charging interest on. I have complained about a year ago in which they denied that the charges were excessive,they charge fifty pounds for being in arrears without sending a letter even.I suppose I have to complain to the fso is that the right route?

• 8 months later...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone..... Been away for a while and am wondering how we are all getting on with Rooftop ??? I have not recieved any notification that my mortgage has been passed on to any other company so how do I go about finding out ?

Hi - glad to see this thread up again and can let you know whats been happening for me: I didn't realise that Rooftops were still around and have been trying to deal with Future Mtgs who bought our Rooftops mortgage. Have I been dealing with the wrong company? This is all because the guy at the F.O.S. said that we should work with them whilst they were responding to the letters. Latest from Future (via JP Morgan) is that they refute everything, charges, misselling et al, so I am bit fed up with this as its been years already. Also having no success with chasing the brokers who sold the deal to us as they went under, but FOS have opened a file on them anyway? does anyone have any advice please

PWG,in previous post you said they Rooftop SETTLED in pricipal have they now settled after your correspondence

i am in the process of requesting feesand received SAR info any help would be great in responding to the SAR

Hi all

I did win my arrears charges case against Rooftop Mortgages and F.O.S found in my favour. All charges were closely scrutinised by all parties and we agreed on £ 1200 which had been unlawful / overcharged. Every charge was scrutinised carefully and all notes of telephone calls were recorded by Rooftop in times of hardship and all of that information was taken into consideration before each charge was refunded. The £1200 has been credited back to my Mortgage. Hope this helps.

Hi all

I did win my arrears charges case against Rooftop Mortgages and F.O.S found in my favour. All charges were closely scrutinised by all parties and we agreed on £ 1200 which had been unlawful / overcharged. Every charge was scrutinised carefully and all notes of telephone calls were recorded by Rooftop in times of hardship and all of that information was taken into consideration before each charge was refunded. The £1200 has been credited back to my Mortgage. Hope this helps.

Well done what was the original total of fees and charges as mine are £10k plus and they offered £485 ..is it worth the battle and time

Has anyone received more than £1200 from charges and fees ...???also were solicitor.visit fees refunded ..pwg6565 any breakdown would help or PM to me as i

am trying to put my claim together

I am so happy this forum is up and running, I have had a rooftop mortgage for five years, it has been hell, I changed jobs and my pay date changed, they refused to change the date and four years of misery started with me falling into debt because of the charges, letter after letter brought nothing. With the onset of the recession my debts got more and then court this year, with an order or repossession for 2k. I have paid it off and now. With that behind me I want to tackle the wait for it £13K bill in charges. It is madness. I have written before to complain quoting the mortgage code and they did not reply. I will start again and not give up until I get a refund because reading your posts, I understand I am not alone and can get some satisfaction. I want to sell and get away from the mortgage thing, but cannot until I have resolved this madness.

hi - yes good to see something happening - my rooftops/future mortgage was based on Libor rates so wondering how that has been affected. I wrote to JP Morgan as I believe they bought the old portfolios? They said they have no case to answer with the usual stuff about how you signed the contract etc which sounds like the banks doesn't it. Anyway, they passed my account to an actuary company to investigate for them and after wasting even more time with that concluded the same thing, which was expected of course. It has also been with the FOS for approx. 2 years and still nothing. The contract is suspect and has lots of false info on it - things I hadn't seen till doing a SAR, broker had us sign blank forms and even says my partner is a British Citizen when he isn't - so fed up with it, they took a huge £11k plus from us when we remortgaged even though we said we didn't want an ERC and the broker said he would sort it out but didn't, so I am now doing a report of my own in detail and sending it to my M.P. and the treasury.

• 8 months later...

Just an Update on Rooftop....

I have just started the first steps of complaints regarding my Libor Mortgage with Rooftop. I have asked for a full explanation as to why I was paying so much when interest rates were so low. Awaiting a reply.

Hi Pepe

I have written to Rooftop asking for a full explanation as to why I was paying so much compared to the Base Rate. Between the years 2008 - 2012 are the years which Libor has been manipulated by Banks.

I will keep you posted what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

are you divorced? The only solution I can think of is to get a court order that states that your ex indemnifies you. It won't stop the mortgage company coming after you but you can then go after your ex. You really need to get some proper legal advice. The mortgage debt is yours whether you live there or not.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

• 3 months later...

Hi long silence as I had the same silence from rooftop

They sent a financial advisor stating they had lost contact with me etc ,however on their system it will show the correspondence etc and call I had made only to be told case worker is not here every time

I am told I need to sell the house or get Mortgage rescue cheeky??yes I thought

mortgage is 520 +200 towards arrears ,as I am unemployed it does not add up and dwp taking time again to deal with claim

stuck for words

I have reopened the FOS CLAIM AS I had not heard from them from the last complaint ref fees and charges

• 1 month later...

Hi Yes back again today received a Schedule of notice for eviction date application via the court by rooftop

DWP stopped SMI in October last year ,but I continued to pay £200 towards rooftop .it took over 9-10 months last time round to process my claim as rooftop don't send the forms SMI to DWP ,hence they can go for eviction dirty little rootop rats

• 2 years later...