Car recently repo'd by Welcome Finance...any advice gratefully received!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me take on the dreaded Welcome Finance.

My car was repossessed a couple of weeks ago very early in the morning. I stupidly handed over the keys and was given a piece of paper by the bailliff. I could kick myself for not being more 'together' at the time.

I took out the HP in November 2007 and have made regular payments. I'm pretty sure I have paid over a 1/3 and have definately not received a court order from Welcome.

I called Welcome Head Office (as advised by the company who removed the car) and was told that the car was already on it's way to auction and there was nothing I could do!

Would anyone be able to help me with what to do next as I think Welcome have repo'd my vehicle illegally. There is also missold PPI with the loan as well...all in all a total mess. I wish I had never got involved with this horrible company.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey money welcome to the forum, You have made the first step in joining here and making your own thread. Not sure myself of the direction you should take with this but im sure somone will be along to help soon. please take this time to read through the forum and threads with a similar situation to yours.

Hi You do need to of received a notice of default before they can reposses then have 10 seperate days after this.

Although you have to pay over a 1/3 on the agreement the agreement is in 2 halfs goods and insurance. part of your payment each month goes to goods part to insurance you have to of paid over a 1/3 on the goods part

the amounts of your payments to each are on your legal agreement which if you have lost your copy you can request a copy of this off welcome along with a copy of your notice of default and a copy of all transactions on your account.

if you have a issue with miss selling of PPP on the account this is a seperate issue and knowing wfs car finance probably truely missold

Hope this helps

hi moneymeltdown and welcome

TO BEGIN WITH AND DO NOT TAKE THIS PERSONAL

EMMCK, DO YOU HAVE ANY CONECTION WITH WELCOME AND CATTLES.

its just you seem to know what you are talking abourt ref multiple agreements

thats no offence intended and welcome to cag

moneymeltdown

have a nose at this link and get back to me with how you want to play this

it will explain all

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/150726-car-repossession-welcome.html?highlight=caz

hi yes i used to work for them, if i were you i'd start with requesting copies of your transactions as you will be able to see the collection charges they applied and all the payments made to your account, you could compare these to any reciepts you might have

senior account manager so i have written and collected accounts. I'm under no illusion what welcome are capable of though trust me i could tell you some stories. I however i tried to when i was working just to do the best for my customers. Mainly they struggled to pay as they were paid weekly and bills come out monthly i understood this. some had real problems that could happen to anyone and if i had to screw my figures and recommend they go to cccs then i would do that. you do however seem to have 2 types of people in the main can't pay and if you can get them to speak maybe help or won't pay but this seemed to be in the few of people, whatever i can do to help i would.

there is alot of pressure from above and unrealistic targets and even though i'm aware of the things that go off this forum is shocking me. customers don't seem to have much explained to them

believe me i know about the targets set and what are demanded

as not to hijack this thread would you consider starting a new thread so we can have a chat

call it say

welcome, straight talk or what ever you like

even though i am not welcomes greatest fan i can assure you i will be polite and considerate in my questions and replies

Hi You do need to of received a notice of default before they can reposses then have 10 seperate days after this.

Although you have to pay over a 1/3 on the agreement the agreement is in 2 halfs goods and insurance. part of your payment each month goes to goods part to insurance you have to of paid over a 1/3 on the goods part

the amounts of your payments to each are on your legal agreement which if you have lost your copy you can request a copy of this off welcome along with a copy of your notice of default and a copy of all transactions on your account.

if you have a issue with miss selling of PPP on the account this is a seperate issue and knowing wfs car finance probably truely missold

Hope this helps

I am looking through all agreements/correspondence from Welcome. No default notice and nothing saying the vehicle will/may be repossessed.

I will request a copy of all transactions from Welcome. In my agreement, it says

"REPOSSESSION: YOUR RIGHTS"

If you do not keep your side of this agreement but you have paid at least one third of the total amount payable under this agreement which is £XXX the creditor may not take back the goods against your wishes unless he gets a court order.

Just this one sum is stated, so is this the goods plus insurance sum? very confusing and definitely not made clear at the time of signing the agreement!

On Your Agreement There Will Be A Section Which States Once You Have Paid Xyx On The Agreement They Cant Take Back The Car With Out A Court Order

Forget About The Insurance And Hp

The Figure Stated On The Agreement Is What Counts

Ive Busted Welcome On This Long Ago

I am self employed and was at the time of signing the agreement! I was so naive and signed it not knowing that PPI is totally irrelevant for people who are self employed. All the guy at Welcome said (who I spoke to the other day after the repo) was "Why did you sign the agreement then?" :confused:

On Your Agreement There Will Be A Section Which States Once You Have Paid Xyx On The Agreement They Cant Take Back The Car With Out A Court Order

Forget About The Insurance And Hp

The Figure Stated On The Agreement Is What Counts

Ive Busted Welcome On This Long Ago

Hi postggj,

OK, that's the figure I believe I have paid. Am double checking statements etc now

I am self employed and was at the time of signing the agreement! I was so naive and signed it not knowing that PPI is totally irrelevant for people who are self employed. All the guy at Welcome said (who I spoke to the other day after the repo) was "Why did you sign the agreement then?" :confused:

CRETIN

ASK HIM WHY HE DID NOT DO A STATEMENT OF MEANS WHICH IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT

MISS-SELLING

Hello,

Happy New Year everyone!

Have been away for a few days so need to catch up with this dreadful Welcome problem. I have been digging through the paperwork however and I'm 90% sure I have paid more than the 1/3 amount. I just have to check some last bank statements for the final amount paid. what's next once I have this figure confirmed?

Many Thanks ;)