Car recently repo'd by Welcome Finance...any advice gratefully received!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks post, ive just added some further info I just received :mad: Sorry for stealing him for so long Moneymeltdown

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

i bught a car on finance 2 yrs ago. its over 4 yrs. had a 3 yr warranty. injectors and seals gone two days ago. £450 parts labour. this is not covered in warranty. ford said this injector bar problem is ongoing problem on 2002/2004 tdci engines. i cant afford repairs so i cancelled direct debit. and am surrendering the car. losing £4130.00 i already paid..

bump!

hi post ggj,

sorry to harass you again but I'm running out of time according to the WF 8 week complaints procedure.I have about a week to go and am concerned that I haven't filed my N1 yet. Are you able to help me soon-ish?

Many Thanks!

Bumpity bump bump gotcha hun :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

It seems Welcome are on a repossession spree! I wonder why? :)

I'm not sure why you think you're running out of time, just because they're closing the complaint doesn't necessarily mean there's a time limit on when you can file a claim to court. If they're not giving you an adequate resolution to the illegal act they've committed you have every right to file a claim against them.

I'm at the n1 stage myself, it really isn't as daunting as it seems and you appear to have a very clear cut case. It looks like it is section 90 of the Act that applies and as long as your POC are clear, concise and easy to understand you shouldn't have any problems filling it in.

The HMCS website is also full of very useful information and help should you decide to fill in the n1 yourself :)

Keep up the good fight!!

It seems Welcome are on a repossession spree! I wonder why? :)

I'm not sure why you think you're running out of time, just because they're closing the complaint doesn't necessarily mean there's a time limit on when you can file a claim to court. If they're not giving you an adequate resolution to the illegal act they've committed you have every right to file a claim against them.

Thankyou soooo much for this advice...I naively thought that WF's 8 week complaints procedure meant that I had to file my N1 in that time period.

I recently got a letter from WF informing me that my 'local' branch had changed once again. Do I fill in my N1 with WF Compliance Department address as Defendant?

many thanks :)

Don't worry, I was plenty naive myself when I first started this! I soon realised though that it was better to get thoroughly knowledgeable on what I was doing, just in case ;)

I've done a lot of research and I've got the Patricia Pearl book in front of me so if I can be of any help to you I would be glad to.

The name of the defendant when it is a limited company should be exactly as stated on their letters and the registered office as the address. So it will be Welcome Financial Services Limited at the Nottingham address, do not name anyone personally; it's the company you are suing :)

Don't worry, I was plenty naive myself when I first started this! I soon realised though that it was better to get thoroughly knowledgeable on what I was doing, just in case ;)

I've done a lot of research and I've got the Patricia Pearl book in front of me so if I can be of any help to you I would be glad to.

The name of the defendant when it is a limited company should be exactly as stated on their letters and the registered office as the address. So it will be Welcome Financial Services Limited at the Nottingham address, do not name anyone personally; it's the company you are suing :)

Is that book any good? I have been looking into getting a copy....

Id love to name the local branch manager :lol:

Oooo thanks for that :)

Shame eh lol

I agree with ours altho as shes female a dark alley and something heavy and blunt would be more appropriate lol

morning!

I have received a letter from DVLA claiming that I have commited an offence with the repo'd vehicle!

"You do not appear to have notified us of the disposal of this vehicle and should be advised that this is an offence"

If anyone's committed an offence here....it's Welcome Finance! :x

morning!

I have received a letter from DVLA claiming that I have commited an offence with the repo'd vehicle!

"You do not appear to have notified us of the disposal of this vehicle and should be advised that this is an offence"

If anyone's committed an offence here....it's Welcome Finance! :x

Good Morning moneymeltdown. I don`t know what the Law says about this (probably to do with V5?), but I should think you are Correct, and my opinion is the same. DVLA need pointing in the right direction!

Cheers, MARK

Ive already informed DVLA that despite the v5 being in Mr's name and remaining so for the time being the actual vehicle is not in our possession and is in fact alledgedly in storage so we dont get any nasty tickets off the back of it ;)

Any pointers on that N1 you can throw my way MMD be most appreciated :)