M&S/DG Claimform - old M&S Card debt **Discontinued**

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd write to the DCA and inform that the case has been the subject of legal action and the Original Creditor elected to discontinue..........and advise them to research the point of "Estoppel" as to why the debt cannot be pursued further. ;)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oh dear

i have just found in amoung the statements from m&s a form with my signature on

Im not sure if its a cca

its one of those that fole into 3 on the first part the heading is apply fornow for m&S chargecard

orbudgetcard2nd section is about ppi which is not filled in bank details

and also additional cardholder info not filled in 3rd setion is your right to cancel data policy

then at the bottomunderneath

this is my signiturewhere it says sig of cardholder and date of sig which as my sig to

sorry i dont have a scanner to upload could i do it if i plug my camera into laptop sorry this is well wordy

hiya

just popped in to see whats happened onyour case

catch up laters hope its good news for you in the end

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Congrats and well done. :D

Don't forget to claim your Wasted Costs :)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

But direct collections have started chasing this debt now so what to do about them advice please

Tell 'em to do one!

Check back what snoops already advised in post #59 of your thread;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/237324-credit-card-claim-issued-3.html#post2749841

Keep your Notice of Discontinuance and the letter from the court very safe - forever!

Cheers

Rob

• 3 years later...

Hi please can someone tell me what I need to do

first a chap from scotcall left a card saying he had called at my home

he's left a mobile number and a email address

should I text and email him telling him I will not be dealing with anyone on the doorstep

I don't want him having my mobile number thou .

Also had a letter from another company saying about court proceedings for an account that went to court a few years ago

and was discarded

what should I do about that one

Many thanks

No, definitely do not telephone them. They are actually in breach of OFT guidelines simply calling on spec like that, so if you wish you can make a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading.

I am not quite sure what you mean about court proceedings being "disguarded" - do you mean discontinued ?

Could you let us know who this other company is - perhaps there is a tie in with SC.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry yes I do mean discontinued

they are not a related case so

what should I do about the guy that called

I think they may have sent a letter but I made no appointment with them in the mean time

I don't want them calling back so should I email telling them I will not be dealing with them if he calls back

And many thanks for your prompt reply

Hi, Do you really want to give an oik from ScotCall your mobile number or e-mail address, probably not!!

If this 'person' turns up again (you have no obligation to talk to itinerant door steppers!

Have the following ready to hand to any visitor.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

TAKE NOTE:

I DO NOT DISCUSS ANY FINANCIAL MATTERS WITH UNKNOWN OR UNINVITED CALLERS: ANY FURTHER VISITS WILL BE TREATED AS HARASSMENT. Suitable Action WILL be take.

I WILL DEAL WITH MATTERS ONLY IN WRITTING AND NO TELEPHONE CALLS, MOBILE OR LANDLINE ARE ALLOWED, NO e-mail or TEXT MESSAGES ARE TO BE SENT.

It is my choice as to how I wish to be contacted (OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 up dated Nov.2012).

Which other company is contacting you?

Can you explain about the court case please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Sorry for delay but the court case was a few years ago

I will check when for a marks and spencer credit card it was discontinued

I have since bring on here last received a vacounty court claim form.

From weight and who have bought the debt I presume should I write to weightmans

and tell them this debt was discontinued and what should I do about filling the court claim form inMany Thanks

Hi

Sorry for delay but the court case was a few years ago I will check when for a marks and spencer credit card it was discontinued I have since bring on here last received a vacounty court claim form. From weight and who have bought the debt I presume should I write to weightmans and tell them this debt was discontinued and what should I do about filling the court claim form inMany Thanks

Sorry are you saying you have received a County Court Claim form for a debt that has already been taken to court and discontinued. You really must be more clear in what you are telling us ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you scan and post up a copy of the court papers? (Remove personal information)

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/nor...sked-questions

Defendant frequently asked questions

How do I file a response on MCOL?

You will need to register for a Government Gateway account on the MCOL homepage. Once you have logged in, you will then see an option to ‘Respond to a Claim made against you’ on the bottom right hand side of the page. Log into your claim here, using the claim number and password on your N1 claim form.

You must keep a note of your Government Gateway log in details, as you may not re-register and log into your claim from a different Government Gateway account.

My password doesn’t seem to be working – what should I do?

Ensure the CAPS lock key is off. Input the password exactly as it is printed on the claim form - it is case sensitive and it will not be recognised unless you input the exact combination of upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers. Ensure that you are reading the password correctly – e.g. if you see a character that looks like a ‘0’ (zero), it may be an upper case letter O.

Do I have to use MCOL to file my response or are there any other ways I can do this?

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim. If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL, you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead. If you send your response by e mail please send it to MCOL@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and ensure you quote “Claim response” in the subject field. If you are fully admitting to the claim then the admission form should be sent to the claimant directly and not to the court.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

You will need to provide us with the following information for the Current claim.

Date of issue of this current claim - you will find that on the top right hand corner of the claim form.

What exactly does it say on the claim form - the reason they have issued the claim.

IMHO, your defence would pretty much focus on the original claim made back in 2009 which was discontinued.

Why was the 2009 claim, discontinued ?

BCOBS

Issue date 09 sept 2013

Particulars of claim the defendant entered into an agreement(the agreement)regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 with HSBC BANK plc

By a deed of assignment HSBC Bank plc sold Ll rights under the the agreement to the claimant

It then goes on to say defendant has been given notice and breeched the agreement failing to make payments the defendant as been served notice

Amount claimed 7816.21

plus court fee 190.00

plus solicitors fees 100

total 8106.21