M&S/DG Claimform - old M&S Card debt **Discontinued**

dillon21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK thanks to citizen B i have got the cpr letter ready to go today to the solicitors with £10postal what do i ask for on a subjecu access request is there a template for that and is this the samt as asking for a cca

THANKS

Also i only need to sens cpr 31.14 to the solicitors and not mand s correct

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see in the template letter it says they have 40 days to reply but i only have untill the 28th Dec for the court what will happen about this also if i have other credit cards should i also send a sar or do i onlt do that forthis one where aclaim form as been issued with the other would it just be a cca

I gave you the link for the Subject Access Request in post 22.

Please DO Not send money with the letter to the solicitors. You do not send a copy of this letter to M&S.

Do send the £10.00 to M&S with the Subject Access Request. Everything you need to ask for will be in the template.

No, it is not the same as asking for a copy of the CCA, you are requesting EVERYTHING in respect of your dealings with the account with M&S. That will be statements, terms and conditions, diary of events, default and termination letters, copies of other correspondence between yourself and M&S.

Have you acknowledged service yet.

When you put in your defence (later) then we will include the fact that you have sent cpr and sar letters and as yet have had no response. We will ask for permission to amend your defence when all this information is to hand.

If you have other credit cards then yes, you should send just a CCA letter which will cost only £1.00. If and when they decide to take action against you then you can do the Subject access request. Do not create confusion by asking questions about other credit cards on this thread. Start a new one for each credit card. I have amended your title to reflect this is for an M&S claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:D Good..

The reason I say not to mix the card information is simply so that people who are offering advice dont get confused as to what they should be giving advice on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have they not put the account number on the particulars of claim form ?

that is all you need.. other than that, they should be able to find you from just your name and address.

BCOBS

It means you won! Merely by stating you were going to defend the claim and asking them for the documents in the CPR 31.14 request.

My take on it would be that when they asked for (and got, or maybe didn't get) those documents from M&S they found some fundamental flaw in them that made it unwise for them to continue the case. I was going to say impossible, but that doesn't seem to stop some solicitors.

I would hope for your sake that this means that the (alleged) debt will be written off by M&S. Since they started a claim but discontinued it that would seem to be the only logical conclusion. However before you crack open the champagne (or whatever is your preferred method of celebration) I would await more knowledgeable minds than mine to confirm that, having taken this action and discontinued, that they would not/should not/can not take action again. They will also be able to confirm to you what steps you should take next (for instance writing to the solicitors or M&S to confirm the debt has been written off).

If only more of these claims went away as easily as this!

hiya all

just came across this thread and i really do hope it is a good ending

lets see what others would recommend too from the legal point of view just so we all learn and avoid any pitfalls

fab help from cag as always well done

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

ok today have had a letter from solicitors with a notice of discontinuance what does this mean please

It means you won! Merely by stating you were going to defend the claim and asking them for the documents in the CPR 31.14 request.

My take on it would be that when they asked for (and got, or maybe didn't get) those documents from M&S they found some fundamental flaw in them that made it unwise for them to continue the case. I was going to say impossible, but that doesn't seem to stop some solicitors.

I would hope for your sake that this means that the (alleged) debt will be written off by M&S. Since they started a claim but discontinued it that would seem to be the only logical conclusion. However before you crack open the champagne (or whatever is your preferred method of celebration) I would await more knowledgeable minds than mine to confirm that, having taken this action and discontinued, that they would not/should not/can not take action again. They will also be able to confirm to you what steps you should take next (for instance writing to the solicitors or M&S to confirm the debt has been written off).

If only more of these claims went away as easily as this!

:lol: I would suggest you ring the court up first thing Monday morning, but it looks to me as though they have decided not to proceed.

Well done.:D

As soon as you get the official notification from the court then I will amend your title. But please, do check with the court first thing Monday.

BCOBS

It looks like you have scared off M&S.

Congratulations. :)

Please do let us know when you've spoken to the Court.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As mentioned before, ring the court to be sure and lets us know accordingly.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

ruth

fantastic news. I noticed that even though you been a member of CAG for nearly four years, you've only just started posting this month and then on three different threads. And now this great success. Whatever you have, you should bottle it and sell it!

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

got hold of court they have said they havent processed anything from the solicitors but she asked me to read to her what i had received and said that they must have decided not to go ahead just one thing thou received a load of papers from mand s by speacil deliverey what does this indicate

Hi ruth

I personally would be careful here because the court haven't actually said they have received this letter. It may be a good idea to send a copy to the court with a covering letter just to have it on record that you were sent this letter just in case they are playing silly buggers.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

Today in the post received a important notice from collect direct saying my account is overdue and they have been instructed to recover the amount for M&S

I spoke to the courts back alng and theyu asked me to send on the letter of discontinuance which i did any ideas

Did you send the copy of the discontiniuance by recorded Delivery ?

If not, get another copy to the Court by Recorded Delivery.................and add the cost to your Wasted Costs.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.