Uncleared funds? So where is the money?

Its WAR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Wednesday, my son pays a £4000 cheque into A&L. He cant draw on it until it clears, so he writes me a cheque for £600 and I give him some cash to help him out. I wait for two days before banking his A&L cheque into my Abbey account on Fri afternoon, expecting his £4000 cheque to have cleared before the £600 cheque he wrotre me, reaches his account.

The £600 cheque bounces because the first cheque still hasnt cleared.

They refuse to refund the £25.

My question is: Where is the £4000? If it was taken out of the drawers account on Friday but hasnt been credited to my sons account on Tuesday when the £600 cheque is presented to his account.

Edited by Its WAR

Its WAR

The £4000 cheque was written on an Abbey cheque and came out of the drawers account on midnight Sunday/Monday, it cleared today (Wed), so either Abbey or A&L have kept the money in limbo for two days. So whilst Santander have the money, my £600 cheque is bounced because they did not allow the £4000 cheque to be cleared.

Why would they bounce a cheque despite having the money? So they had a reason to also make bank charges now £100.

I am so angry. My attitude is now going to be to fight them back as far as my credit card debt without an enforceable agreement. The moral arguement flys out the window, I just have no regard for their attitude.

Its WAR

Why would they bounce a cheque despite having the money?

Because they don't really have the money - they invest your money in the overnight stock markets to make more money.

Other European countries can process cheques on the same day they are received, but seems that UK banks will use whatever tactics they can to increase profits.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.