OFT case over, hows YOUR court dealing with claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Google "winding up petition" - you have grounds to issue one seeing as you have an unsatisified judgement against the bank.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats expensive, about £800 odd quid. But we could all chip in!

But the threat of it usually forces companies to pay up.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Hi All,

just got back from the court after filing a warrant of execution on Halifax, as our claim s over £5,000.00 we have to apply first for max of £5k stating the balance still outstanding and once the defendant has paid the first warrant we then clam for the rest. The court confrmed all cases will be looked at and not just canel them due to the test case.

As of the 23rd November 2009 the Halifax have now had a CCJ placed against them and the only way is to repay but f they try to got it stayed the court informed me that the judge will not be happy if they try to file a defence as they had pently of time and refused, it can only be stayed if the defendant had not been informed of the case, but as the defendant did confirm the case and refused to file a defence we got the judgement.

Hopefully the baliff wll get our funds back, have asked to be informed when they wll be visiting the bank and should get a call next week we hope, hopefully the bank will just pay the full amount of the judgement but hey it costs them more anyway

cheers smiling a little

Hi All,

just got back from the court after filing a warrant of execution on Halifax, as our claim s over £5,000.00 we have to apply first for max of £5k stating the balance still outstanding and once the defendant has paid the first warrant we then clam for the rest. The court confrmed all cases will be looked at and not just canel them due to the test case.

As of the 23rd November 2009 the Halifax have now had a CCJ placed against them and the only way is to repay but f they try to got it stayed the court informed me that the judge will not be happy if they try to file a defence as they had pently of time and refused, it can only be stayed if the defendant had not been informed of the case, but as the defendant did confirm the case and refused to file a defence we got the judgement.

Hopefully the baliff wll get our funds back, have asked to be informed when they wll be visiting the bank and should get a call next week we hope, hopefully the bank will just pay the full amount of the judgement but hey it costs them more anyway

cheers smiling a little

Fantastic. Back to the good old days :D:D:D

Hi All,

cheers smiling a little

You need to go with the bailiffs and record it all. Then, stick it on You Tube. Please! ;)

Edited by renegotiation

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Well done Rippedoff - do keep us posted as to how this pans out.........and brilliant suggestion by Renegotiation too:D

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

If you get to know when and which branch they will be going to I would love to be there ;)

Write a speech and read it out before the bailiffs move in. Say this is the verdict of the said court and that ***this is what the verdict means for them***. Then blow a trumpet or something. :)

I would go for the Sherrif's Officer of the High Court. The cost is £50.00.

Check which one is local to you.

http://www.highcourtenforcement.net/?gclid=CP2tgfSpq54CFQ6Z2AodBWLYlQ

Sheriff's Officers are contracted by the High Court and work in geographical county areas. They work out of the local Sheriff's Office under the control of an Under- Sheriff who is usually responsible for that area. If a creditor has a CCJ of more than £600 they can transfer the judgement up to the High Court for enforcement.

Edited by dw190

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Hi All,

cheers smiling a little

Hi,

can we talk to you about this. Given how little time there is I am sending a link to this thread to some press contacts. If they are interested they would probably like to meet you for more info. Would it interest you?

Please will you email me on:-

admin(at)consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Do not get High Court enforcers in. It anything went wrong and they were unable to get the money, they would look to you for their costs which could easliy be £2K

Guest janensteve

is it not the practice of county court bailiffs to send a letter to the judgement debtor advising that they have a warrant as a last ditch attempt to get them to pay up before attendance by the bailliff ?

They will get a note saying a warrant of exection has been issued. The registered office at Edinburgh would have been on the summons and that is probably where the baliffs will have to go.

This is quite an importnat breakthrough, no idea how this has happened if they were all stayed......but hey!

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

They will get a note saying a warrant of exection has been issued. The registered office at Edinburgh would have been on the summons and that is probably where the baliffs will have to go.

This is quite an importnat breakthrough, no idea how this has happened if they were all stayed......but hey!

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

HBOS PLC

THE MOUND

EDINBURGH

EH1 1YZ

Company No. SC218813

The Chester County Court judge lifted the stay and found in his favour. Simple as that isn't it? If so, then I applaud him, but don't expect to see such scenes repeated en masse.

Hi everyone:)

I received a notice from my court today that if LTSB don't file their AQ and pay their fee by 4pm on 3rd Dec their defence may be struck out - wishful thinking I know, but what if they are so busy pushing out their 'we've won' propaganda, they forget to file:D

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi everyone:)

I received a notice from my court today that if LTSB don't file their AQ and pay their fee by 4pm on 3rd Dec their defence may be struck out - wishful thinking I know, but what if they are so busy pushing out their 'we've won' propaganda, they forget to file:D

Regards,

Landy x

That's great news Landy! The banks tried to get all the cases dropped en masse. It justs shows that every County Court judge isn't BENT. I don't see them filing a defence. I am intreagued as to how many County Courts will take this line.

Maybe we didn't need Mr. Cox.... Until the system changes to something fair i'm still going nowhere! Like it's ok having to go to court? The government has to step in and sort this out. I wonder why they haven't yet done so? :roll:

How can we the public (OFT) win in High Court and Court of Appeal then lose in a further appeal, sounds like some cash was exchanged for a resault againts us.

anyways good luck with your case and keep up updated.

As regards the CCJ against Halifax, I would simply write to them asking for the full amount. And add that if the full amount and costs are not paid within 30 of the CCJ, you will issue a Winding Up petition in the High Court and give notice to the FSA and the London Stock Exchange that Lloyds Bank Group (as owners of Halifax plc) is technically and legally insolvent having been unable to pay its debts as and when they become due. Might wake up somebody enough to scupper Lloyds recent righs issue.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

How can we the public (OFT) win in High Court and Court of Appeal then lose in a further appeal, sounds like some cash was exchanged for a resault againts us.

anyways good luck with your case and keep up updated.

The banks probably cried like babies behind the scenes and made out that they couldn't survive without charges. 'It will be the end of the world!' 'Everything will come crashing down!' Blah, blah, blah. The BENT Supreme Court convinced themselves this was true, under pressure from subtle lobbying, and stuck it to Joe Bloggs good and hard. I've no doubt that they all felt they personally had something to lose from this in some way. The world is very murky. It's a fraud and a farce. The banks existed before rip off charges came about and made profits! I can accept the argument that maybe they can't pay it all back at once. FINE, THAT'S OK. However, they are still treating us like mugs and charging people like troopers as we speak! They still won't confess their sins. It's time for them to come clean. It's just gone too far now. It's completely fecking insane. The whole situation makes me look completely normal and that's saying something!!! :roll: Some of them will have to switch from mansions to large houses; some of them will have to downgrade their ferrari to a bmw; and some of them will have to go on holiday 3 times a year instead of 6 times year. It's docking wages time for the bankers. The gravy train is OVER. ***Even if they starting paying out in court again is that acceptable?*** Poor folk will just run into more trouble. Is taking your bank to court going to be an annual event like Xmas? This carnival has to stop now. NOW! The banks won't stop it, despite that pillock Lord Falconer saying he hoped they would. The government won't stop it and even make a point of avoiding talking about it. It's down to US to force the government to lay down the law to them!