Supreme court rules

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have no legal ground for doing this.

They are legally allowed to "ask"... as is anybody. However, it is still up to the judge to determine any new evidence and the effect of the SC judgement as to how it affects the original stay, and whether the banks can use it to strike out the original claim.

It's just sabre-rattling bully-boy tactics from one of the most charlatan establishments in the World.

I just find it more than hypocritical for the banks' weasels like Angie 'Fish Lips' Knight to harp on about customers should "ask first before going overdrawn", when the taxpayer - read: you and I - have just bailed out their unauthorised overdrafts to the collective tune of:

£2,000 billion

Wonder what the charges on that should be? Will they be paying it back to the taxpayers?

Total and utter hypocrisy.

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Landy-Alert....as if life isn't hard enough without these ivory tower idiots screwing us into the ground. Chin up though...it's not over yet.

Thanks for the link 42man. There are a lot of angry consumers out there and it's good that they know people are busy working in the background.

Thanks Crapstone - am feeling more confident now that we will succeed with this.........and thanks for the link 42man:D

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi all, can anyone look at this from the disabled angle?

For those of us who are ill or disabled can we use disabled law in our cases? Its hard for us to access bank websites to find information we need on for example right of appropriation. For many of us its hard if not impossible to even go into a bank to discuss our situations. To even do a SAR request and chase it up in my case can take months. We receive no help from the banks, just harrassment and of course what they are taking is our benefits.

Would a seperate class action from disabled customers be appropriate?

I have no idea about backs stance on this but benefits are inaleinable by any creditor - I have spoken to bank and written to them about this to no decent response - I had £950 returned straight away but then 3 days later they took another £560 which they are refusing to return - spoke to FSA they said that I should write to banks complaints dept. don't think this will work however if this is the case they (the banks) are taking money that they are not allowed legally to remove isn't this theft?:confused:

Its rotten isn't it.

Contact the DSS see if they can help get your money back. I'm sure I've read a post on here where that has happened.

I have previously talked to the equalities and human rights commission about the right of appropriation. If you check the websites and in the banks there is no information on this. That makes it doubly hard for a disabled person to use this facility.

Anybody having problems using right of appropriation or with hardship claims or even the banks website and is disabled have a chat with them

EHRC - Home

its time we had a better service.

I have spoken to DSS they say you'll have to open a post office account I can't do this because a) I need to pay DD's b) Like having my cheque book (just makes life easier) feel if I stop benefits going into this account will make my financial situation worse -

Tried your link to right of appropriation thank you but page didn't load if you have another link it would be appreciated. Reading through EHRC now - see why isn't this information common knowledge noone tells you where to turn when you need help. Other you wonderful people you - I would know nothing if I hadn't found CAG

Have spoken at length to hardship team don't seem to be interested i have had some charges refunded but keep getting the run around re: illgeally removed funds - I was thinking could I report this to police as theft.

They also took £500 which was given to us by mother in law to pay towards the mortgage priority debt? but that wasn't benefit money so don't think i have a hope in getting that back but sure the mortgage would appreciate it if I did

LIVING IN EVER DECREASING CIRCLES :(

Edited by onestressedwoman
spelling

• 1 month later...
This is my take on it. The Supreme Court was trying to save some face and the OFT won't take on another case. The British Bull**** Corporation is already sending out subtle messages that the 'OFT might not have the heart for another case'. Maybe they have been brought into line? We'll see won't we...

Oh look, Baron Renog was right. No new OFT test case. But I thought our lovely Supreme Court had pointed the OFT in the right direction? :confused: The Supreme Court said 'Hey friends, you are travelling the wrong road. Try that road instead!' :) Why is the OFT not travelling this new golden road? :confused: LMFAO. What a surprise... :rolleyes:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

Ditto, u will now receive a letter from SCM acting on behalf of Lloyds stating the OFT case has been concluded.

They dont mention to SCJ but say "as you are aware the OFT test case has been concluded and accordingly you are now liable to our client for such sums"

Theres are reason for that wording IMHO as they could have said the SCJ have concluded but didnt .....

You will be invited to telephone to discuss terms along lines of consent order.

Failure to make contact may result in their client applying for defence to be struck out and judgement to be entered.

I wrote to court in december b4 OFT stance was announced requesting stay be kept in place to give me time to consider the OFT response etc.

Nothing heard, yet and I have to get back to Lloyds by beg of March and SCM within 21 days.

Any more clarity on what my response should be.

Cant settle as umemployed.

Regards

ST

Well I have received my sod off letter from Lloyds TSB. I have to March to reply or my claim will be dropped.

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan