First Revenue Debt Collection and Orange

Venjada
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully someone may be able to give me some advice on this problem.

My son had a mobile phone contract with Orange during 2004 and 2005. In 2005 he was posted to Germany as part of his army career, where he has stayed until August this year. I was not aware but he never terminated his contract with Orange and now First Revenue have sent him a demand for just over £600. This is the first he has heard from them since going to Germany. I wrote a letter for him to them claiming no knowledge of the debt and asking for them to prove their claims

What they have supplied is a photocopy of a statement of account. The thing is though this photocopy just doesn't look right. It looks like someone has got or even made a badly formatted statement and then laid it on a piece of Orange letterhead paper before copying it. This is quite evident as the body text of the statement is no where near in line with the printing on the actual letterhead. In my honest opinion it looks like someone is trying to pull a fast one, more seriously though, surely this amounts to some sort of fraud ?

I personally and honestly feel that that this document that they have sent is by no means a copy of a genuine document ( even Orange are not sloppy enough to print their statements on a slant !!)

What I am asking for is any advice as to who or where to go with this and what action could I possibly take

I thank you for reading this and if you can offer any advice or help it would be very much appreciated

Thread moved to Telecoms Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If he owes the money Orange can (and probably have) ruined his credit file. He'll need to get a copy of this.

Don't deal with a debt collector. They just add to expenses and tell lies in my experience!

I see what you mean by the paper and the statement, My belief (I have no proof but I'm sure in my own mind) is that the debt collectors have headed paper and some notes of the account, and they print these off to look official. Another reason that I'd never deal with a debt collector.

If he chooses to not repay, he will have this on his credit file for 6 years, and if he gets a CCJ against him then the 6 years will be from that date. (that is not my choice to make... I'd suggest he should write to Orange, asking for a final statement directly from them, and asking for an address for their collections department to arrange repayment.) If he repays it will be on his credit file but marked as settled.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

What they have supplied is a photocopy of a statement of account. The thing is though this photocopy just doesn't look right. It looks like someone has got or even made a badly formatted statement and then laid it on a piece of Orange letterhead paper before copying it. This is quite evident as the body text of the statement is no where near in line with the printing on the actual letterhead. In my honest opinion it looks like someone is trying to pull a fast one, more seriously though, surely this amounts to some sort of fraud ?

I personally and honestly feel that that this document that they have sent is by no means a copy of a genuine document ( even Orange are not sloppy enough to print their statements on a slant !!)

It looks like genuine letterhead to me, with Orange's registered office address details and France Telecom's logo on it, although it's quite small blurry and difficult to make out.

If you suspect a forgery ask Orange if the document is genuine. I wouldn't have thought they would supply their letterhead to a debt collector, this could have all sort of negative reprucussions if the DCA misused it.

Its probably has just been printed by someone who hasn't bothered to setup the printer correctly at Orange, this would seem to be the simplest explanation, rather than a sinister plot involving a DCA forging documents.

Why is it forging? You ask for the last statement, the DCA uses an orange letter headed bit of paper and prints the last transactions on the account. I've had similar done to myself (although that involved a CCA) and when I questioned the original creditor they've said they didn't send anything out. Thats why I personally won't deal with, or trust a DCA.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you Locutas and Human Writes for you thoughts on this. I didn't realise that the upload was so small, but the general formatting of the statement and appearance just don'tlook right or proffessional

If you suspect a forgery ask Orange if the document is genuine. I wouldn't have thought they would supply their letterhead to a debt collector, this could have all sort of negative reprucussions if the DCA misused it.

Orange would not have to supply a letterhead. Any old Orange bill or letter can easily be altered and some other piece of paper with a statement on it poorly attached and photocopied to make it look like it was from Orange.

Obviously I will give this some thought before deciding upon which avenue to proceed along