Xbox live 3 month Membership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes i know it might be in the wrong place and if it is iam sorry.

As the title suggests i am needing to know something about thexbox live membership.

I looked on play.com and searched xbox live membership and have found a brilliant deal. 3 months for £9.50 it defently a deal compared to the normal price of £14.99.

On further looking without committing to a sale i saw that the trader was in switzerland.

Will i still be able to buy and use these Xbox live membership vouchers in England if i was to buy some as Christmas presents. As you can understand if i was to buy the 4 i want for 4 different ppl this would cost me £60.00 but threw play its only £38.00 a £22.00 saving.

I have telephoned Game and Gamestation, who are the same company BTW, and they both have said that as far as they are aware they should work as they are only a code number but they can guarentee me the ones they sell in there shop will work on English Xboxes, yeah erm i know that i have brought one from u b4, on and also looking on the xbox live website the answer does not seem to be available either.

Your wisdom in light of the weird question would be grateful.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Play.com does have a rating system similar to eBay on the things sold by other sellers, and Play.com knows you are in the UK, so I can't see them listing anything that is not applicable to you!

Snippet of trivia that is possibly relevant, there are more companies listed in some parts of Switzerland than people due to a tax break!

If you do go for it use a Visa card if you can so you can do a "Chargeback" if the items don't work!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

What Locotus said GM, also you should think about going the whole hog and getting the 12 months subscription for £25. Make sure that the Xbox can connect to the internet as it will be a waste otherwise. You can use an ethernet cable straight from your modem to your Xbox, but that means the Xbox always being on the telly where the modem is. (hence you can't watch tv).

You can buy a wireless adaptor for them but the cheapest I can find is 40 odd quid.:eek:

ps. If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper, please leave a link as my son wants one for Chrimbo. You can actually use the wireless connectivity and do a bridge from your laptop, but that still needs an ethernet cable which in my books defeats the object.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Thanks for that Locutus. I think i was just on a to good to be true moment really as i am sure they will work.

Also all my cards are visa debits so i know i can sort it out.

Sod'em

Thanks for the tip about the Xboxes but i can guarentee u all 4 do go in line. I say for as i am considering buying them for the 4 xbox users of the family. Also i know from the amount of swearing that goes on in this house that all 4 of them currently have membership as every night they are all on footy or even some beat em up game Normal halo 3 or rainbow 6.

Well it looks like a few simple rest of there budget presents brought then.

Sod'em i would by the 4 male kids all a 12 month pack but they dont all have £25 worth of there christmas budget left but theres always there birthdays and even next christmas.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Oh and sodem

U buy me the wireless set up for VM and i will be able to let the big kid have his xbox and me have CAG at the same time. Mail me a link for the wireless adaptor please.

My friend just phoned VM and they sent him a wifi box free of charge (made him sign into a new 12 month contract with them :p) to give him wifi in the house. You'd also need a wifi adapter for the xbox360.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Tried that they said i would need to cancel my contract and re apply for a account.

This is the same as VM send out, it's a lot cheaper at £26 as opposed to VM £40. I couldn't afford the £40 when I needed mine so VM let me pay £7 a month. It just goes on your bill. Same as if you pay the £40. They send you your router out straight away and then put the £40 on your next bill.

Netgear WGR614 WIRELESS ROUTER - 54 MBIT/S review cheap prices WGR614 WIRELESS ROUTER - 54 MBIT/S Netgear best buy discount online uk shop

thanks sod'em

Now the link to the xbox wireless thingy.

£39.00 from tesco direct. Link sent via pm

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

GM's Christmas is getting expensive now! How far away are the XBoxes from the broadband box? If you have some/one close enough, the router also has network sockets on it so if you could reach with cables that works out cheaper and the cables are actually a little faster.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

GM's Christmas is getting expensive now! How far away are the XBoxes from the broadband box? If you have some/one close enough, the router also has network sockets on it so if you could reach with cables that works out cheaper and the cables are actually a little faster.

I done that with mine. Bit of a pain in the a**e having the ethernet cable across the floor. Also, you have to make a network bridge for it to work. There are loads of videos on you tube how to do this. And your pc/laptop must be wireless enabled.

Get flat CAT5 cable... goes under the carpet a treat!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

well xbox 2 is currently in the attic as its a christmas present. :)

Xbox 1 is floating between bedroom living room and kitchen.

PC in kitchen not wireless enabled so hence the need for a wirless router

PC in kitchen not wireless enabled so hence the need for a wirless router

If the PC is not wireless enabled, you will have to get a wireless network adapter for the PC, as well as a wireless router:-|.

On the good side, they are not that expensive.:)

If the PC is not wireless enabled, you will have to get a wireless network adapter for the PC, as well as a wireless router:-|.

On the good side, they are not that expensive.:)

OR

Get flat CAT5 cable... goes under the carpet a treat!

:lol:

to

C.A.G. Toolbar