Another PC World laptop

Villaman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, I purchased a HP Pavillion DV5 from PC World in September 2008, in January 2009 the screen died and was replaced, in April the Hard drive developed a fault and was also replaced, in July it would not boot at all and I think the motherboard was replaced. Now in October the same as happened again,no boot from any media I:E Dead Laptop. I have been through all the options regarding the SOG act and got an independant report stating the laptop is beyond economical repair as the motherboard, battery and Blu Ray drive all need replacing .having sent this report to PC World Customer center I received a call from them today offering me a voucher for £250 to use in PC world to repair my Laptop!! As the laptop cost £799 when purchased I argued with the lady on the phone doubting they will be able to repair my laptop for £250 pound considering what needs replacing. The advice i'm looking for is am I within my rights to demand a replacement laptop of same spec or a refund, or do I have to settle for the repair, I'm not overly confident that the laptop will be come back ok due to its past history.

Thanks

just a quick point.

the £250 voucher is for pcworlds fxed price repair, what this basicly does is allow you to book a repair which includes any parts upto a retail price of £500, for a dv5 i would be looking at a cost price of around 200 for a mainboard, 60 -100 for a battery and im not sure on the blueray player

i would point out that the retail price is obviously inflated from what it costs pc world.

the one thing that i would worry about is pcworld have a tendancy to point batterys out as a consumable item and they hate replacing them once they are over a year old. i would write a letter and enclose it with the laptop stating that you are aware of the limits on the price and would like a cost breakdown with the laptop and that if under cost you will be seaking futher advice if the battery is not replaced

• Haha 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: