No reply to cca but....

bobinky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a request cca letter regarding 2 cards my wife has and enclosed x2 postal orders.

As yet (17 days)I've had no reply or acknowledgement they have the letter (yet to check if signed for) but recieved 2 letters

account 1 they are threatening to take the house kill the dog etc.

account 2 they have offered to freeze interest and accept less money each month or will accept well less than half as full payment but she will owe the rest but they wont try and get it.

We havnt the money for either option,Im just bankrupt and we have no spare money each month,from experience of those on here does it sound like theres no original copy of agreement?

What do I do now.

Thanks in advance.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Above letter sent today.More waiting.

The thing is in the end we cant pay and bankruptcy wont harm us in any way so if it gets near court she can just go bankrupt,our credit rating is shot anyway and we are moving back abroad ASAP.

I'm new to this and think a running commentary may help others as posts on here have helped me.

Have a look through here for MBNA threads that had a positive outcome -

DCA Legal Successes - The Consumer Forums

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive now had a letter telling me 'my complaint' ie my cca request and the follow on 'account in dispute' letter will be answered by xmas.

Ive had a letter from 'Debt Free recoveries and Investigations' saying they the account has been passed to them for recovery and they have been appointed agents for the debt.

As the account is in dispute can MBNA do this?

Who are these people,anyone had dealings with them?

Should I send a SAR request to MBNA as they will be 2 months late on the CCA request cut off date by xmas?

would sent that,get it returned to mbna,it should not have been passed on.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

nothing stopping you sending sar,but you could wait and see what they come back with first.

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Had nothing but 'we are dealing with your complaint and will answer by xmas' replies until today when weve had a DN on one of the accounts(the other was DN'd weeks ago).

Its dated the 4th/12 which is well past me putting both accounts into dispute,can they do this?

Is it about time I asked for a SAR?

Hi bobinky

I'm just subbing to your thread. I'm in a pretty similar situation, I sent my first CCA request dated 19th October and then sent the account in dispute letter dated 16th November. I've heard absolutely nothing except from Global Vantedge (dca) as when they defaulted I didnt' make a payment.

So I'm interested in what happens with you, as I haven't even had a "we'll be with you before xmas" letter

Good luck

Was the default Notice sent under s87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 ?

Do you still have the envelope ? If not, go and get it out of the bin and come back here and tell us the postmark.

Finally, what is the date of the Default Notice and what is the date to remedy ?

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The envelope had no markings to show first or second class.

they have now written saying theyve looked into my complaint(I never made one)and they think they arnt to blame but give a ombudsman leaflet with it and say my CCA request will be dealt with in due course(they are in default by 30 days and have had a default letter.Also that they will not deal with me any more as they have given me many chances and all correspondence should be with the debt collection agency.The DCA has sent another threatening letter even though they have had a letter informing them the account is in dispute.

They really are arrogant twits 'in due course' would be in the legal 12 days which they just chose to ignore unimpeded by the financial bodies who are supposed to keep them in check.