MondeoST24 Vs First direct - SETTLED IN FULL 24/04/06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have today sent the pro-forma letter to First Direct requesting my charges back for the last six years. Will keep you posted of any developments.

Out of interest has anyone else any news of First Direct, what can I expect?

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recieved standard, "thankyou for your recent letter" letter today and a leaflet about "how we will handle your complaint"

It promises an answer within 10 working days.

Fingers crossed :D

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

• 2 weeks later...

Another letter,

"I am writing further to your letter dated * February and our reply of * February.

Our enquiries are taking longer than originally anticipated, but I will ensure you recieve a further response within the next seven working days.

In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thankyou for your paitence, whilst awaiting our reply"

Hmm, what can be taking so long :D

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Are these replies to your DPA request?

They are replies to the original letter from the library, the one which starts by asking for money back then goes on to say, if you do not accept my offer of settlement then send me list of charges under DPA.

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

we had the 10 working day letter, so replied giving them the 10 days but stressed that court action will be taken on the 11th day. Will keep you informed.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

They are replies to the original letter from the library, the one which starts by asking for money back then goes on to say, if you do not accept my offer of settlement then send me list of charges under DPA.

Send them another letter poitning out that they should be now dealing with the DPA request which was dated XXDATEXXX and there are XX days to go.

That DPA letter has been replaced in the library.

Do you know that you can get all your statements online without asking the bank?

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Mine only go back to 2003

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

sorry, my daughter only opened her account in 2004 so didn't go any further back. It was FD's customer services that tols her she could get them online but didn't know if there was a cutoff date.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Yes, appears to be 3 years

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Hi there, I sent FD the standard letter on the 17th, asking for charges and interest on both my own and a joint account to be refunded. Got a yada-yada letter back, that I'd be happy to post if anyone is interested, offering me 95 of the 260 (plus 8% interest) I'm claiming was unlawfully removed from my account. Sent them back a letter thanking them for their time, pointing out a few inconsistencies in their arguments but basically saying the bottom line is I want my money back. Haven't heard back though the 95 quid has appeared in my account, so I'm going to raise an action tomorrow in the Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Will keep you posted. Their game plan appears to be offer a wee something, stall, then just ignore. So be it. Can't ignore a court action. Would recommend contact in any case.

Neal

Hi there, I sent FD the standard letter on the 17th, asking for charges and interest on both my own and a joint account to be refunded. Got a yada-yada letter back, that I'd be happy to post if anyone is interested, offering me 95 of the 260 (plus 8% interest) I'm claiming was unlawfully removed from my account. Sent them back a letter thanking them for their time, pointing out a few inconsistencies in their arguments but basically saying the bottom line is I want my money back. Haven't heard back though the 95 quid has appeared in my account, so I'm going to raise an action tomorrow in the Edinburgh Sheriff Court. Will keep you posted. Their game plan appears to be offer a wee something, stall, then just ignore. So be it. Can't ignore a court action. Would recommend contact in any case.

Neal

Please will you not hijack someone else's thread. Start your own thread. It makes it difficult and time consuming to support you and for others to follow your story.

You may atone by contributing to our book fund.

Er, Bankfodder, I'm not hijacking anyone's thread, I'm replying to a post and adding my own experience to support Mondeo in his actions, show what I've been doing. I've posted this story already as my own thread, and this is an update to that. Thought, not unreasonably, that folks viewing this thread and interested in FD information might find my experiences helpful.

You can 'atone' by apologising for your misapprehension and accusing me of doing something I had no intention of doing. :D

Neal

You can 'atone' by apologising for your misapprehension and accusing me of doing something I had no intention of doing.

Neal

Fair do's. I'll contribute £5.00 to our own book fund. Would you like to match me?

I'll do better than that, I'll double you! Ten quid coming your way. How did you get on today? Sorry, this is not on this thread but want to know how it went.

Neal

A bit sporty.

Full account is posted on the Everything else section

Another letter,

"I am writing further to your letter dated * February and our reply of * February.

Our enquiries are taking longer than originally anticipated, but I will ensure you recieve a further response within the next seven working days.

In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thankyou for your paitence, whilst awaiting our reply"

Hmm, what can be taking so long :D

Okay this is the 8th working day - nothing recieved :Cry:

I am going to send a DPA reminder stating how many days are remaining.

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Just spoke to FD, told the lovely lady I hadn't had a reply within 7 days as promised. She said there is another letter going out to me asking for another 7 days!

I said, okay I imagine that department is very busy then, she said well I can't comment on that Mr Mondeo but rest assured it is being dealt with.

:D:D

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

• 2 weeks later...

You couldn't make it up, just had a letter asking for ANOTHER 7 days for them to complete thier enquiries :shock:

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

I hope that you are saying NO

DPA expires on 21st, so by then I should have refund or statements. We'll see.

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

I complained about £80 of charges for a 3 day excess overdraft event. Had an answer within 10 days saying that the charges are automatic and therefore sometimes not appropriate. All charges refunded and an increase in overdraft limit to boot.

I am going to ask them how if the charges ar automatic it squares with the size of the charge and their policy that charges reflect costs. The costs occurr presumably when they have to write to complainants, which makes things circular.

Day number 40 today.

Courier banging on my door at 8.15 with a big package of statements

Talk about cutting it fine...

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Recieved correspondance today from my initial letter, i.e. the one that asks for all charges back OR dpa request for all charges

Dear Mondeo,

Thankyou for your letter requesting a refund of all bank charges incurred over the last 6 years.

First Direct does not agree with your contention that the charges, which have been applied to your account, are unreasonable and therefore unenforcable.

The contract between the bank and its customers is governed by our Account Terms and Conditions. In respect of overdrafts, I would refer you specifically to Part 2: Operating Your Account, Clause 6.9, which states: -

"If your account goes overdrawn without an agreed overdraft, or you go over an agreed overdraft limit, we will charge interest at our Unauthorised Overdraft Interest Rate on the amount of unauthorised borrowing. We will also charge you an Overdraft Fee for any statement month when the balance on your account exceeds your limit, whether for one day or more. An Excess Overdraft Fee will also be charged for any day where there are subsequent increases in the excess or a reoccurrance of an excess during the statement month. Our Overdraft Fees are published in our Interest Rates and Charges leaflet."

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published Rate and Tariff and the circumstances in which these charges apply are clearly set out in our Account Terms and Conditions, a copy of which you were provided with when you opened your account.

We are therefore unable to agree to your request. If you wish to escalate your concerns to the next stage, you may write to Robert Kernaghen, Customer Relations Manager, at the above address.

If we do not hear from you within the next eight weeks we will consider the matter resolved. Complaints we cannot resolve may ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, further details of which can be found in our 'listening to your comments' leaflet enclosed with our previous letter.

Okay then, well we know what happens next!

Halifax, £953 Recovered

Coming Soon......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks