Accident at Work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers and toes crossed for you Joe and good for you for standing firm. How is Mrs Joe feeling now?

HB x

Hi HB

Mrs S feeling OK. Now that the agreement is legally binding a weight has been lifted. Will be counting the days for the cheque to arrive, they have 21 days. Even if it's one day late I'll have them in court and splashed everywhere; broken agreement.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Joe. How are things with you and Mrs Soap? I haven't forgotten you.

HB x

Missed this HB, I'm not getting my notifications. Anyway, the fat Lady hasn't started sing yet. Supposed to be "D" Day tomorrow.

As we hadn't heard anything, I Emailed their solicitor. Judging by the reply (The payment is now on its way to you electronically, and will arrive by Friday at the latest. I apologise for the delay.), I think the respondent "forgot their obligations". Being a bunch of prats to the very end. If it doesn't turn up by tomorrow, they've broken the agreement and strictly speaking, I could take them to court for payment. I don't want to put my wig and gown on again, Haha. I'll let you know when it's all over. Tell you what though, the DWP are pathetic, useless and lots of other things I could call them; and my insurance company!

Joe

Oh dear, what a shower. You've done well to keep fighting.

My best to you both and fingers crossed for the post.

HB x

Just to let you know that the Fat Lady is now singing and hopefully, it's all over. Mind you, I had to send a threatening Email on Friday morning at half six (2 days after the deadline) to the respondents solicitor advising him that I was persuing through the courts. Received a mail back urging (begging) us not to take any action as he would ensure payment would be made. Left it until I got in on Friday evening; payment was safe and sound in the account. Can't understand why these companies do this, or maybe I can!

What gets me is that it's OK for them to break a legally binding agreement but if it had of been the other way around, all hell would have broken loose and they would have refused to pay.

Anyway, that's it with any luck but I am here if anyone needs help (if I can of course) and once again, thanks everybody for your help and understanding.

A very happy (mostly because of yesterday's football result) Ian