cancelling sky

cavvy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone offer some advice re cancelling my sky subscription

i had looked around on the internet and noticed a lot of threads stating if you threaten to leave sky they will do all they can to keep you

so considering we have been with them for approx 12 years always on the top package which now comes in at £57 a month we phoned to say we wanted to cancel they offered us two really poor deals and then basically said that is it you will have too cancel!

does anyone know if they are not so bothered about customer retention any more?

will they try and contact us again before the 31 days before we are cut off elapse?

by the way the deals they offered were to switch our phone to them and they would give us free line rental for 12 months but our bill would be the

same and to my mind they will get our call charges so didnt strike me as a good deal

secondly £5 off our extra box for six months wow

any advice is most welcome

thanks

not alot at the moment as this will be skys busiest period for people joining sky for christmas and it always tends to die down whats on offer

cannot tell you if they will contact you but it will highly unlikely they have anything else to offer other thans what you have already been offered

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I left Sky last month, and they offered me all sorts to stay with them. I was paying them £47 per month just for the TV! I went to Virgin and got TV, Telephone and Broadboard for £38.00 per month. I no longer have Sky Movies and Sports, but am around £50 better off per month.

I'll stay with Virgin for 12 months, and if Sky offer a decent package, will go back to them next year.

You need to give Sky 4 weeks notice, although Movies and Sports can just be removed almost immediately.

Tell them you've been offered TV, Phone and Broadband from Virgin for £38.50 and Sky will match it. Worth a try.

Best of Luck!

12 month offers are no good it that is going to increase your bill at the end of it. Do as the title and go look around at others to see what they can offer.

Or did you really mean 'pretending to cancel sky'

12 month deals are certainly better than the current promotions where the ASA ruled against them for promoting packages that would actually increase in price within a month of taking them out.

Similarly, 'pretending' to leave Sky was originally a useful approach as it concentrated their minds and ocassionally brought sweetheard deals to keep you that were better than the published 'special offers'. However, just as customers were becoming hard-nosed, Sky is too - and if the retentions team have reached their limit on specials, no further offers wil be made and it is time to go.

I pretended to leave sky once, went through the whole cancellation thing and got a call 5 days before expiry and got a great offer of half price package for 12 months.

I then told my neighbour to do the same thing however no offer came to him and his sky got cut off.

The thing is we don't have Virgin in our area so he had to go cap in hand back to sky who then charged a reconnection fee - suffice to say I wasn't his favourite neighbour for a while!

Be careful when pretending to cancel unless you are sure you want to go through with it!

ok thanks for the advice so far

i will probably still go ahead with the cancellation as i rather fancy a freesat hd pvr with no monthly charges

i know its less channels but still enough on there and more importantly i will be £57 a month better off:)

and for clarification - there are no re connection fees for sky!

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

not if you cancel and resubscribe on the same contract number

ida x

As the contract number is outwith the control of the subscriber, the term 'not if you...' is somewhat erroneous.

If you cancel and re-subscribe, how would a viewer ensure the same contract number was allocated? Better yet, who is the aribter of whether a new contract number is issued, the CS staffer or the CRM system? It cetrainly won't be the customer.

as soon as someone calls sky the address is checked so anyone that has cancelled within the last 12 months automatically can only be reinstated on the last contract.

• Haha 1