1st Credit and Citi Cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Despite not being able to fulfill the s78(1) CCA request, I received an interesting letter from 1st Credit today - offering me a 30% discount within 7 days if I settled the account which was originally owned by Citi today.

Considering that a DCA purchases accounts from an original creditor for between 10%-15% of their value a 600%-700% return on their outlay would not be bad for 1st Credit.

Additionally the letter states that I can settle the account by Visa or Mastercard. This is visibly against OFT guidance on unfair practices, as creditors are not meant to encourage the payment of debt by taking on further debt.

So a letter will be winging itself to the OFT including a copy of this letter.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I got the exact same letter today. They have produced no paperwork at all so do not have my permission to process personal data. Frankly, I cannot be a*sed to even bother to reply to 1st Cretins - they haven't contacted me for 18 months so why bother to prod the sleeping dog?

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

Funds must be tight at 1st Credit.

That said if they're going to buy turkeys without checking that there are legally compliant agreements first of all they should prepare to get stuffed.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.