Advice needed please, re. Loans 2 Go (log book lenders)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i wonder if anyone could help me,

approx 7 years ago my partner took out a log book loan with a firm called Loans 2 Go

shortly after he crashed the car and was a total write off

i must mention that the insurance was not valid nor was it valid at the time the loan was taken out,

the insurance certificate he produced in order to obtain the loan was also invalid as the date had expired.

(not by very long but expired non the less)

My partner paid them in small weekly instalments for a while and then stopped paying when he was out of work

he never reinstated the direct debit and therefore has not paid them anything for a number of years.

Loans 2 go have just very recently started writing to us demanding payment,

i was wondering whether us not providing a valid insurance certificate and the time of taking out the loan may affect the contract

in the sense that the car has been i assume crushed a long time ago so there is nothing for them to recover,

also would it have been their responsibility as the lender to check that the vehicle (the security) had adequate insurance.

I suppose the question im getting at is do i still need to pay and can they send bailiffs to recover items from my home or my current vehicle????????:???:

Obtaining monies by deception...lol

I'm not sure if this has the 6 year stat bar rule. No they cannot get your property only by court order, but you need to respond to any court papers.

Forget the insurance, you cannot blame them for your partners expired insurance, it was more than likely to check the address. Soapbox has been kicked.

They are fishing, they have found your address and sending out letters.

SAR them, see what paperwork they have, if any. Was the loan signed as a BoS with a credit argeement?, this should show up in the sar. Do not respond to the threat letters. Tell them via reg letter that you will correspond only by letter. Do not speak to them by phone, they will promise the moon to get you to pay.

Keep all letters and envolpes from them.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

• 1 month later...

I need advise had 2 logbook loan agents knock on my door at 12.00 midnight to repossess car ! flashed a badge & said they come to take car away, I asked what the arrears are there outstanding & to show me some paperwork, all they showed was a piece of paper with car reg, model,my name & address. No figures on this piece of paper & no wording to say they are repossessing.When i said that means nothing you could be anybody they replied how would we know that you have a loan & that you are in arrears with LB loans thats proof enough.When i asked them whats the arrears & what the full outstanding amount they replied they don't know ! I pleaded with them to find out the arrears & that i can get a freind to pay card or give them cash they replied no chance they can't take money they have to take the car & that i should phone him in the morning where he will do me a deal where I pay only a 100 pounds per week & that I would have to come & collect my car but the car has to go tonite. I asked will he put this in writing he said yes but kept telling me to empty the car of personal belongings & to had over keys.He then phoned the police stating he's repossessing car bla bla I got in the car to empty belongings & quickly locked the doors & drove off ! He then shouted he,s reporting it to the police as stolen !

My questions are can he report as stolen & now that the car is safe what should I do next ! Do I call logbook loans & start negotiating & pay arrears ? my fear being that they will take the money & send out agents to collect the car on a tow truck anyway ! any advise would be grateful !

can anyone give me some advise I dont talk much I took a loan for whatever reasons & there is only one which I dont need to disclose why but if it helps I will, they have been around again fishing for the car tonite my wife got scared my only worry at this stage is them harrassing my wife & kids which I will not tolerate nobody should suffer for my stupid mistakes, but I do ask for help & advise on this forum if anybody reads my post I would be grateful if they could give me advise on my previous post.Where do I move from here & will they play scare games with my wife & kids what is my legal position although quite frankly at this stage i will take what they throw legal or there bully boy tactics ive fallen so low but not enough for somebody to **** on me & then tell me its rain water ! theres got to be someone out there who was in a similair situation.

I need advise had 2 logbook loan agents knock on my door at 12.00 midnight to repossess car ! flashed a badge & said they come to take car away, I asked what the arrears are there outstanding & to show me some paperwork, all they showed was a piece of paper with car reg, model,my name & address. No figures on this piece of paper & no wording to say they are repossessing.When i said that means nothing you could be anybody they replied how would we know that you have a loan & that you are in arrears with LB loans thats proof enough.When i asked them whats the arrears & what the full outstanding amount they replied they don't know ! I pleaded with them to find out the arrears & that i can get a freind to pay card or give them cash they replied no chance they can't take money they have to take the car & that i should phone him in the morning where he will do me a deal where I pay only a 100 pounds per week & that I would have to come & collect my car but the car has to go tonite. I asked will he put this in writing he said yes but kept telling me to empty the car of personal belongings & to had over keys.He then phoned the police stating he's repossessing car bla bla I got in the car to empty belongings & quickly locked the doors & drove off ! He then shouted he,s reporting it to the police as stolen !

My questions are can he report as stolen & now that the car is safe what should I do next ! Do I call logbook loans & start negotiating & pay arrears ? my fear being that they will take the money & send out agents to collect the car on a tow truck anyway ! any advise would be grateful !

Hi 1974

Ok, buddy, keep the car hidden. Now the next step is to try and get thses guys off your back, they are agents and as such have NO powers at all regardless what they say, they cannot enter your house, break in etc etc. If they come knocking again, Ask for thier name, note the reg of the car/removal motor.

Now, state the following.

" I consider your actions to be harrasment, you have upset me and my family, I would like you to leave and do not return, If you return I will report your actions to the Police under Harassment act 1997 section 8.1. I will only negotiate with LBL by letter only. Now please leave."

This statement should not be taken lightly, if they do return call the Police. I will ask you to note down any days and times they appear in your street. They will follow you to try and get the car, keep it hidden.

You may consider a Non Harassment order to stop these guys in there tracks.

LBL, do you have copys of the BoS and credit agreement? If not request copys via reg letter. Try and get negotiate with them by letter only, request a breakdown of charges aand at rate. Make them an offer.

In the meantime

My advice would be to give the National Debtline a call on 0808 8084000, they give great advice.

Above all down let them get you down, try and chill.

trooper68

Trooper68:)