£500 child tax credits & Milk tokens!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Busy busy busy lol

My poor brother works and hadn't had the time to find out how to get what he is entitled to. He never got his £500 baby starter fund; where he gets £500 to help afford baby things or got his milk tolkens he is a low earner and simply hasn't had time with his three kids. How can I help him?? I want to help him get his money back and why he hasn't got his milk tolkens for the last 8 months?

Please any help be great he would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Help me to help others!

hi robert

Don't know how much help this will be to you

Tax credits Helpline 0845 300 3900 Hrs 08.00 - 20.00 I've always found them to be very, very helpful. They recently made a mistake on my claim and when i foned them, corrected the info, they put the missing money into my account within 3 days.

My babies are all grown now, so can't point you in the direction regarding your milk tokens, but if your brother has a word with the health visitor, (at baby clinic) s/he should be able to help. I think they are well versed in more than babytalk these days.

Regards

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

Busy busy busy lol

My poor brother works and hadn't had the time to find out how to get what he is entitled to. He never got his £500 baby starter fund; where he gets £500 to help afford baby things or got his milk tolkens he is a low earner and simply hasn't had time with his three kids. How can I help him?? I want to help him get his money back and why he hasn't got his milk tolkens for the last 8 months?

Please any help be great he would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

The surestart £500 would not apply if he was working. Milk token issue is triggered by the claim for tax credits, but AFAIK again is only if you are on income suport. Tax credits will top up his income, and child benefit alos needs to be claimed, they will ony backdate as far as three months, so if he hasn't claimed he has already lost 5 months. You need to get a claim form from tax credits and child benefit (can be downlaoded ) and get that claim in asap.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

There is a lot of misinformation here,

SureStart Maternity Grant details are on Department for Work and Pensions

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner are getting:

Income Support

Income based Jobseeker's Allowance

Pension Credit

Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element or Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award.

The family element means that you will be getting more than approx £548 a year CTC. It is usually best if it is your first baby to wait until it is born and you have been awarded Tax Credits.

Milk Tokens are auctomatically awarded by Tax Credits HM Revenue & Customs: Home Page

A family is entitled to receive milk tokens where they satisfy one of the two criteria below

Criteria 1

The family is in receipt of IS or JSA (IB)

And

The family is in receipt of Child Tax Credit only

And

The family has one or more children aged under 5

Criteria 2

The family is in receipt of Child Tax Credit only

And

The family’s income is below the earnings threshold (see the Note below for the earnings threshold)

And

The family has one or more children aged under 5

Note: Each tax year the earnings threshold may change. The details of the earnings threshold for the recent tax years are

2003 / 2004 - £13230

2004 / 2005 - £13480

2005 / 2006 - £13910

2006 / 2007 - £14155

Note: There will be no entitlement to milk tokens if the claimant is in receipt of Working Tax Credit or there are no children aged under 5 in the family

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• dx100uk changed the title to £500 child tax credits & Milk tokens!