Your MP

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zootscoot

FWIW mostr banks appear to have 'rules' designed to reduce the opportunity for a customer to have charges removed.

I believe the Abbey imposes a once a year/once in six months. This may not be a formal 'rule' but i have been told this over the phone before.

Im not sure this helps any but it appears to be specifically aimed at discouraging custoemrs from challenging the imposition of charges on an account.

Glenn

PS just going to copy and send sai letter.

Glenn, Lloyds TSB do exactly the same.

The individual bank employees, with whom we might speak on the phone or in the branch, are perfectly decent nice folk but somewhere up the line is an authentic B*****D whose sole aim in life is to make as muhc as they can at the expense of the poorest or least able in society.

I am dyslexic, as I am sure most of you are fed up hearing (embarrassment abotu my spellign etc, makes me repeat the apology ad nauseum). My bank knows that I am dyslexic and worse numerically. Thery know I have difficulty keeping my account in order although this has definitely improved since switching to online banking.

In the past, one bank manageer teleophoned my every morning and at close fo day to let me know what was in my bank, what was pendign and wahat had left my account along with a reminder fo any DDs or SOs due before the next regular incomign payment was due. It was fantastic. My account ran smoothly.

I am on a very low income with failry high, sometimes, really high outgoings because of help needed because of a physical disability which can render me totally dependant from time to time. He took this into account.

I knew I had a £2 DD to British Red Cross coming off on the 15th so I made sure I had the money in my bank but I got confused with the two accoutns and paid it into the one to which almost all DD's (but this one,) are rpesented adn SOs issued. The Swines are charging me £35 for teh £2 they paid out to that DD to a charity.

I have Christmas coming up and two grandchildren as well as the kiddies fo friends for whom I would like to buy some wee gift. My daughter-in-law to be's hen weekend on teh 2nd December (have had to cancel) adn their weddign on the 7th January and teh dashed banks are takign £35 out in December and anotehr in January. I did the same with a different account last month.

But HEY! Listen up, Lloyds TSB!

CAG are helping me reclaim all penalty charges from over the past 6 years and I am not giving up.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

Reply from Andrew Pelling, MP for Central Croydon, received this instant (If you read this, Mr Pelling, I admire you for working on a Sunday evening :-)):

I could not agree with you more. The public debate is moving against the banks and the report out today from MP's is very critical of the effect on those on low incomes.

Short and sweet. Put a smile on my face, though. :-D

And THANK YOU!!!!! from me too, Mr Pelling

:-)

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

• 4 weeks later...