? Charge order against my home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again, I would like some advice please. I have ben making a token payment to my loan company of £1 (goodwill gesture) However, I today recived a CCJ and have completed the form asking for time to pay. I have been told by the company that this will be automatically followed by an order on my house for the outstanding debt of £5,400. I am so worried I am going to loose my home? I have been reading through the forums and am a little confused as: Can they put an order against my home if I do not miss any payments that the court ask for through this CCJ? I would be grateful if some one would clarify the situation. Also i have been advised many times to communiate with the CCCS and again would like anyones thoughts on this please? Clare

No No No

They Are Talking Rollocks

When And If You Get A Ccj.

The Court Will Tell You How Much To Pay Each Month,

As Thats All You Have Been Paying, Prob £1 Per Month

Only If You Default On Those Payments Can The Creditor Approach The Court And Apply For A Charging Order

Can You Tell Us A Bit About The Loan

Who The Creditor Is Would Help

Hello again, I would like some advice please. I have ben making a token payment to my loan company of £1 (goodwill gesture) However, I today recived a CCJ and have completed the form asking for time to pay. I have been told by the company that this will be automatically followed by an order on my house for the outstanding debt of £5,400. I am so worried I am going to loose my home? I have been reading through the forums and am a little confused as: Can they put an order against my home if I do not miss any payments that the court ask for through this CCJ? I would be grateful if some one would clarify the situation. Also i have been advised many times to communiate with the CCCS and again would like anyones thoughts on this please?

Hi Badger

First of all i would remove your name from the end of your OP as a DCA may be able to guess who you really are, no point in giving them any clues.

I`m not that experienced but i don't think any court will grant them a charging order for five & a half grand so try to stop worrying [ easily said i know]

If you are asking for time to pay the CCJ & there by admitting the debt & have been making regular payments this will go in your favour. You will also have to fill out an expenditure sheet & return it to the courts. The judge will then look at WHAT you can reasonably afford to pay & make the judgment on your ability to pay, its in no one's interest to take your house from you [ only a greedy DCA] for my money its a scare tactic.

Someone with a better knowledge will be along shortly,

Your in the best place now so try not to worry

Good luck,

It is a loan from tesco finance, I know this sounds silly but how will the courts know I have been making token payments? I have returned the expences form and it shows I have under £10 a month to play with. I did ring citizens advice bureau and they said that Once a CCJ has been issued, as the law has now changed and they can apply for a charge on your house without you having defaulted on the payments? She said the law had recently changed but i can find nothing to say this? C

Badger, have a read of this thread..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/203298-guide-charging-orders-orders.html

As to the law change allowing them to go for a charging order, I didnt think it had, I was under the impression they've always been able to go for a forthwith order, its up to the judge to decide if it should be granted however.

S.

So when you say 'When And If You Get A CCJ' Does that means it will not just automatically happen now I have received the forms etc? What will the next step be? C

If you've admitted the claim and sent back the expense form then a court clerk will decide the amount of the repayment based upon the outstanding debt and your I&E forms.

If the claimant doesnt think its enough and from the sound of it (although it could be empty threats) they can apply for a notice of variation. This is where they ask a judge to re-consider at a hearing the payments either being upped or for a forthwith judgment and possible charging order to follow after.

If the clerk sets the repayment amount too high even after having your I&E then you too can apply for a variation order and ask the judge to lower the payment.

S.

Oh heavens yes I have, I sent what I had already sent Tesco's which was the income and outgoings and photo copies of all the correspondance to date plus the request for time to pay, as it said I was under a time limit to act. I hope this wasn't the wrong thing to do!

You Have Not Sent Off To The Court That Time To Pay Have You

Do Nothing Until Advised

Agree with this 100%

We need more info on the debt.

How old is the debt?

Do you have the paperwork (agreement?)

Did you receive a default notice, do you still have it?

S.