DLA stopped after ESA medical??***WON***

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rae

I will tell you though, knowing we have some people with a lot of bite behind them really has taken some of the stress off me. Although my son has been saying lately he wants to forget about it as he hates being stuck in the middle, and he does not want any trouble.

This is hacked me off big style, as them driving desks in Blackpool have no idea what they put some people through.

I do feel for your son. I hope he understands that he's not stuck in the middle. His needs are being ignored.

Some cases on here - your sons included - just make me want to cry. This system is not working and it's all but bureaucratic euthanasia. I really hope all of us affected start to get a little bit organised and a little more loud...

Best wishes.

Rae.

Edited by RaeUK
Revolution anyone???

Got a date in today for the tribunal, after they told us it wouldnt be til after the end of May and our MSP writing to them about the delay, it is now 20/04/2010.

I have also contact Motability as they were due to pick up the car on the 6/04 and they have delayed that pick up until after the tribunal.

Everyone keep your fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes and whatever else you can cross for him :D

Got a date in today for the tribunal, after they told us it wouldnt be til after the end of May and our MSP writing to them about the delay, it is now 20/04/2010.

I have also contact Motability as they were due to pick up the car on the 6/04 and they have delayed that pick up until after the tribunal.

Everyone keep your fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes and whatever else you can cross for him :D

That's good news I am keeping everything crossed hope you succeed :D.

Thanks Helen and everyone else who has supported us through this harrowing time.

All we can do now is gather more evidence and wait.

My son doesnt want to go through with the appeal as he doesnt want any hassle and the stress is making him worse, but after a nice long talk with him, he now realises that not only is it for his benefit but it can only help others as well.

Thanks Helen and everyone else who has supported us through this harrowing time.

All we can do now is gather more evidence and wait.

My son doesnt want to go through with the appeal as he doesnt want any hassle and the stress is making him worse, but after a nice long talk with him, he now realises that not only is it for his benefit but it can only help others as well.

Poor chap I can understand how he feels but I do agree with you 100% one must keep going and fight for whats right.

UPDATE

We recieved a letter from our MP today and he has written to Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP who is Secretary of State for Work and Pensions at the DWP.

I wont go into detail to what is in the letter as there is a lot of personal stuff but the gist is that the whole situation is wrong and the renewal should have just been a formality!

He ends the letter saying - I would be grateful for your assistance in resolving this entirely unsatisfactory situation!

So we wait and see what happens now.

UPDATE

We recieved a letter from our MP today and he has written to Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP who is Secretary of State for Work and Pensions at the DWP.

I wont go into detail to what is in the letter as there is a lot of personal stuff but the gist is that the whole situation is wrong and the renewal should have just been a formality!

He ends the letter saying - I would be grateful for your assistance in resolving this entirely unsatisfactory situation!

So we wait and see what happens now.

Glad something is happening keeping fingers crossed for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok

11 days to go til the Appeal for our Son, everyone is highly confident but that doesnt stop us worrying.

Im worrying so much as you can see its 5am and yet another night with only 4-6 hours sleep!!!

Good luck, I'm hoping it goes in your favour.

Here's an interesting quote found in the Guardian recently: replies to this article.

(Edit 10/04/... here's the earlier original version of the article - more salient comments! )

"rightthewrong

23 Mar 2010, 8:53PM

i am medical professional working for ATOS.i probably am going to get fired tommorrow for coming on this forum, but i dont care.i have been doing these "assessments" for sometime now.Its rubbish,draconian to say the least and it is designed to get people off the sick benefit.its is designed so that 75% of the people who apply for ESA, come hell or high water, "fail" it.Let the govt have the guts to deny this.

I have been battling with my conscience for the last few months while doing these medicals and have on a few occasions been, for want of a better word,distressed.

I had no idea what i was walking in to when i took up this job, but boy, am i regretting it big time!

This is a blatant ploy by the govt, for what, we all know,( so i am not stating the obvious), and nothing else.

I wish other professionals would take cue and speak out against the system, but i guess they are too scared to come out and speak."

Best wishes,

Paul.

Edited by loan_ranger
added a better link and made a correction

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

no need to worry they will be more worried than you because of the facts that speak for themselves,i think you may also find that somewhere along the lines of the the decision maker may have made the alterations and as for Yvette Cooper /ball thats rich coming from them who made monies with the home swapping deals they had done cooper n ball both comedians....no doubt that pair will be lobbying soon touting for business with mr frued i geuss huh....

Got a reply today from my MP.

Yvette Cooper has passed the buck and has now placed the original correspondance about my son in the hands of Terry Moran, the Chief Executive of Pensions, Disability and Carer's Service.

So more waiting but I wont hold my breath for anything being done before next Tuesday.

Good luck, I'm hoping it goes in your favour.

Here's an interesting quote found in the Guardian recently: replies to this article.

(Edit 10/04/... here's the earlier original version of the article - more salient comments! )

"rightthewrong

23 Mar 2010, 8:53PM

i am medical professional working for ATOS.i probably am going to get fired tommorrow for coming on this forum, but i dont care.i have been doing these "assessments" for sometime now.Its rubbish,draconian to say the least and it is designed to get people off the sick benefit.its is designed so that 75% of the people who apply for ESA, come hell or high water, "fail" it.Let the govt have the guts to deny this.

I have been battling with my conscience for the last few months while doing these medicals and have on a few occasions been, for want of a better word,distressed.

I had no idea what i was walking in to when i took up this job, but boy, am i regretting it big time!

This is a blatant ploy by the govt, for what, we all know,( so i am not stating the obvious), and nothing else.

I wish other professionals would take cue and speak out against the system, but i guess they are too scared to come out and speak."

Best wishes,

Paul.

it is going to get worse as the goverment have just this week approved the more harsher tests and it is more than just numbers they are looking for at least 85% fail rate shame you have to put up with it paul but least you have the courage to say so....shame no more dare try and speak out but i guess if you would stay on it may be of benefit to others you never know...

patrickq1

Got a reply today from my MP.

Yvette Cooper has passed the buck and has now placed the original correspondance about my son in the hands of Terry Moran, the Chief Executive of Pensions, Disability and Carer's Service.

So more waiting but I wont hold my breath for anything being done before next Tuesday.

i had a feeling she would do this pass it on,never mind i would go to the sun newspapers with this case and pay particular reference to how on earth can she get away with EXPENSES HER N BALL yet you have to struggle to make ends meet....

I have to talk to our local newspaper after the appeal on Tuesday, we didnt want to go and stir up a wasp's nest before hand, as this would just add even more stress to our Son.

i would nt worry about stirrin any hornests nest with this lot the new rules on benefits are for example you may be deaf and dumb but you can write a note that is decipherable you fail....you may only have one arm but you can still lift a mug of tea with the other you fail need i go on these rules have been sneaked into a new bill that both conservatives and labour support only the liberals have been screaming blue murder....go to the press embarras them this is what you need shame them and name them...

Im lucky then that the MP that is helping me is a Lib Dem then :)

I just wish Tuesday was over and done with now as my own nerves are starting to fray, so I can just about image what our son is going through.

I have to confess my MP [conservative] appears very supportive and willing to help. He's already written on my behalf so waiting to see what happens there before pushing further...

Best wishes

Rae.

IVE BEEN DOWN ALL THEM ROADS,TRY TO GET YOUR CASE BEFORE ICE (INDEPENDANT COMPLAINT EXAMINER THEY TAKE TIME BUT WILL ALMOST ALWAYS FIND IN YOUR FAVOUR....DONT FORGET ALL PAYMENTS MISSED WILL BE REPAID I KNOW ITS A WORRY IVE BEEN THERE BUT IN THE END IT WILL WORK OUT....mySociety

Edited by patrickq1
WRONG WORD

7 months of payments have been missed, so if all goes well on Tuesday and a lot of people are saying it will, including our Welfare Benefits Advisor our Son has been promised a week long intense driving course when he feels he could manage.

BUT until Tuesday at 15.30pm comes round and the tribunal actually say YES.............................................just keep handing me the gaviscon and rennies!!!!!