welcome finance Problems

abi_cutie09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter notifying welcome that I would not be filling out their questionnaire regarding ppi, and insisted that my complaint stayed open, and that they should comfirm within 14days that the complaint remains open.

14 days have now past with no responce from welcome.

Should I chase it up?, or just wait for a final responce?

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The local welcome person dropped a letter at my house whilst I was out!

Letter states they want to discuss the arrears on my accounts.

But it was only the other week that they sent a letter terminating my account!

I am going to send the local office a letter reminding them that the accounts are in dispute, and that I am in communications with head office. So they should speak with head office before harassing me.

This is a rough draft, what do you think?

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing in relation to the letters that you have left at my address, specifically the letter dated 10/12/09 which requests me to contact you to discuss payment.

I would like to remind you that this account went in to dispute on 9/11/09. I have been in communication with Welcome finance Compliance Department Nottingham regarding issues to do with my accounts.

Please be aware that whilst an account is in dispute a debtor is not obliged to pay any sums to the creditor, and the creditor may not demand any sums from the debtor until such time as the dispute has been resolved, also whilst an account is in dispute charges may not be added.

Yours sicerely

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing in relation to the letters that you have left at my address, specifically the letter dated 10/12/09 which requests me to contact you to discuss payment.

I would like to remind you that this account went in to dispute on 9/11/09. I have been in communication with Welcome finance Compliance Department Nottingham regarding issues to do with my accounts.

Please be aware that whilst an account is in dispute a debtor is not obliged to pay any sums to the creditor, and the creditor may not demand any sums from the debtor until such time as the dispute has been resolved, also whilst an account is in dispute charges may not be added.

Yours sicerely

Should I add something along the lines of,

I bring to your attention

The consumer credit act 1974 78-(6) (a)

:idea:

Hi Abi,

sorry I can't offer any advice to you, but it's good to see you might be on your way to winning your case with Welcome.I have my own case going on with them right now (Urgent Help Needed With Welcome).I see Post ( et al) have given you excellent advice/help.Good luck with your case.I will keep looking in to see how you get on.

Regards

Hi guys,

I am getting a little suspicious (as usual)

Which is the best hpi check to do? What about experian?

Also I have been raking the internet to find a 'hand writing expert' to help prove my aledged forged signatures.

Any sugestions.? please?:)

Thanks guys, just to let you know I see more of CAG than I do my own family, I have become a CAG addict! lol

Dear Sir / Madam

Yours sincerely

How does this letter sound?

Should I quote the consumer credit act at all?

Please anybody?:)

I'm greatful for any advice!

Thankyou!!

im far from knowledgeable but it sounds ok to me :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Im the same abi the letter i sent has been ignored so it was obviously good enough ;) Ill be sending one the same as yours tomorrow as well as ive just received a chasing letter :rolleyes:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thank you and the same to you :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I got from track and trace for a letter I sent to Nottingham

Track & Trace

Results Item xxxxxxxxxxxxx was posted at local post office on 15/12/09 and is being progressed through our network for delivery.

I know it has been snowing, but 8days for 1st class post,

Do you think there office in nottingham has spontaniously combusted?:D

Ive not heard a dickie bird from local office or compliance,

Track and trace says my letter to local office was delivered but it doesnt have signature!

Abi...I posted a letter on 28th October with Track and Trace and this is still showing as being progressed through the system.

I know the letter was received as it was replied to!!!!

I got in touch with the PO and they told me that sometimes if letters are delivered to a business in a bundle then the postman just accepts one signature for the whole lot.

They said I could put in a claim for the lost letter........

There doesnt seem much point sending Recorded delivery does there.:-?

Dawnx

Thanks Dawny for your reply, when ever I have sent letters before I have sent them special delivery ( delivered next day) and have had no problems but I had to pay £4.95 for each letter and it quickly adds up.

This time around I thought Id use the "signed for" service which is much cheaper, so far I prefer the more expensive next day delivery service.