welcome finance Problems

abi_cutie09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'm new to this site,

This is my first post, I hope somone can help..

I took out a loan with welcome for £2000 over 3years. Some months after the loan I took a car HP from them £5000 over 4years. The car + interest altogether comes to something like £14000. When I went for the car I was told the ppi had to be taken to get the car, but I have read otherwise on this website. When I tried to claim on a faulty light and a wiper (mechanical cover) I was told this is not covered. So the mechanical cover was useless to me aswell. I do remember calling them( welcome) after a couple of days of having the car to try and cancel the agreement and give them the car back as it didnt seem like agood idea at that point, paying all that money to them and they couldn't even fix a window wiper. They said they couldn't take the car back.

Anyway I carried on paying them with no problems up until about march when I was on maternity leave (last three months no maternity pay) I tried to get them to give me a reduced payments until I went back to work. They said no. This is when my payments dipped. i.e direct debits failing. I paid what I could in cash during that period, They were on the phone to me constantly, Every week almost all my money was going to them, I went back to work , The last time I spoke to welcome she said I had caught up with my loan, I asked her how much was owing on the loan as it is due to finish in december, the figure she gave was about £300 more than what it should have been. She put this down to interest. I am guessing charges have been added to the account. The car loan was about 1month payment behind( at that time a couple months ago) She suggested that I pay abit more each month to clear the interest, I agreed to do this but I asked to pay weekly rather than monthly,

So now I am paying £100 a week ( for both accounts) rather than £378 a month. Since then I haven't heard anything they just take £100 direct debit every week. I dont know when I will have 'caught up with my payments'.

But I am struggling to pay them and my rent and childcare etc.

I forgot to mention that one of the agreements was not signed by welcome and did not have any date anywhere on the form.

Also my personal loan payment was set at 105.97 a month, but several months ago they started taking 106 a month ( without telling me) I know its only a couple pence but still are they allowed to take those extra pence?

If I have been charged can I claim back the charges or get them removed from the accounts?

Sorry to have rambled on, I hope the above makes sense and that someone can help me!!

Thanks in advance, xx

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi abi

first of all may i sugest you read the welcome threads for you to realise what a sorry excuse for a finance company this lot are

by the way

ime welcomes biggest pain in the butt and glad to help

i know all there dirty little secrets and cons

ill drop by in the morning and tell you what to do to get the ball moving

Hi everyone I'm new to this site,

This is my first post, I hope somone can help..

I took out a loan with welcome for £2000 over 3years. Some months after the loan I took a car HP from them £5000 over 4years. The car + interest altogether comes to something like £14000. When I went for the car I was told the ppi had to be taken to get the car, but I have read otherwise on this website. When I tried to claim on a faulty light and a wiper (mechanical cover) I was told this is not covered. So the mechanical cover was useless to me aswell. I do remember calling them( welcome) after a couple of days of having the car to try and cancel the agreement and give them the car back as it didnt seem like agood idea at that point, paying all that money to them and they couldn't even fix a window wiper. They said they couldn't take the car back.

Anyway I carried on paying them with no problems up until about march when I was on maternity leave (last three months no maternity pay) I tried to get them to give me a reduced payments until I went back to work. They said no. This is when my payments dipped. i.e direct debits failing. I paid what I could in cash during that period, They were on the phone to me constantly, Every week almost all my money was going to them, I went back to work , The last time I spoke to welcome she said I had caught up with my loan, I asked her how much was owing on the loan as it is due to finish in december, the figure she gave was about £300 more than what it should have been. She put this down to interest. I am guessing charges have been added to the account. The car loan was about 1month payment behind( at that time a couple months ago) She suggested that I pay abit more each month to clear the interest, I agreed to do this but I asked to pay weekly rather than monthly,

So now I am paying £100 a week ( for both accounts) rather than £378 a month. Since then I haven't heard anything they just take £100 direct debit every week. I dont know when I will have 'caught up with my payments'.

But I am struggling to pay them and my rent and childcare etc.

I forgot to mention that one of the agreements was not signed by welcome and did not have any date anywhere on the form.

Also my personal loan payment was set at 105.97 a month, but several months ago they started taking 106 a month ( without telling me) I know its only a couple pence but still are they allowed to take those extra pence?

If I have been charged can I claim back the charges or get them removed from the accounts?

Sorry to have rambled on, I hope the above makes sense and that someone can help me!!

Thanks in advance, xx

Someone showed me a contract for Welcome Finance. The form was odd because the total amount you are due to pay back should be on the same side of paper as that of your signature. Theirs was overleaf which tricks the eye as to what the person was actually paying back. From my understanding this might render this an unfair contract and the signature void. Check with Officer of Fair Trading website which should cover unfair contracts.

GEC Capital Bank (who run all the store cards) were also a problem as store staff when offering the store card got customers to sign the contract without turning the page over and showing customers the terms and conditions. Don't know if they are still doing it as don't use store cards.

Thanks so much all of you, it's good to know I've got you on board!

Postggj - I worked out what low life they are for myself, I have read threw so many threads about welcome finance. I am disgusted with some of what I read! If I could turn back time I would, it is good to know you know their dirty tricks,

Thanks again,

hi abi

first thing i want you to do is get the hang of a program called photobucket

google it

then scan the agreements into your pc minus personel detail but leave in the figures

upload the agreements into photo bucket and post onto your thread

use the upload link for message boards without thumbnails option to post

thats if you still have the agreements

if it gets frustrating ill pm you my email address so you can send it by email attachment and ill post it up if you want

Hi Abi, i wish you luck with this.

Your in great hands with postggj.

Edited by ben1305
:-$

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

One more thing that is bugging me, when I got my car I was told I MUST insure the car fully comp, which I did, Why would this be?

This welcome finance thing is so confusing!!:confused:

I was also told I MUST insure the car for £5000, but on the agreement it says

Amount of credit for goods £4387. The man who dealt with me even insisted he fax through the details to my car insurance company.i.e fully comp and £5000. And stood next to me whilst I called my insurer. (eavesdropping?)

Edited by abi_cutie09
forgot to add something

POSTGGJ , I was just wondering if you had a chance to look at my agreements? I know you are very busy bringing welcome finance down.

If you do get a chance to look at my agrements can you give a shout.

I will check back here regularly,

Thankyou:)

Did anyone ever receive the £1000 part exchange or the £250 offer from welcome finance?

I was just wondering when my payments should go back down to normal as I am paying abit more than my normal payments at the moment,to catchup as I was 1month behind on car payment, surely I would have caught back up by now? Since I set the direct debit back up I haven't heard from them!

Do I have to pay by DD, or can I pay threw online banking?

I think ive got statement of price, should I do the subject access request to get things moving?

I upped my payments a while back to catch up, because I was about 1 payment behind, I didn't sign anything other than the dd form,

can I get my monthly payments put back to normal?

It seems that all they are interested in is taking my money!!!

I don't have anything to stating how long the higher payments are going to be for,

I'm just so fed up now!!:(, the car is not the worth the extortionate amount they are taking,

Avoid welcome, like the plague!!