Harrassment!

kelley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Im looking for some info on harrasment, the bank has been phoning me with regards to my overdrawn account, even though I have kept up the agreed payments of £80 per month.

I had a go at the last agent to call saying I was taking this further. and that I felt I was being harrassed! he appologised an said I would recieve no further calls.

He kinda told the truth! I no get text messages asking me to phone the bank lol

Is there any templates I can use to send a letter, and any posts that may help me

Thanks in advance!

Kell

Hi Kell , welcome to the forum :)

There are a couple of ways you can deal with this :

1. If you're on On-line Banking just log in and delete your phone details

or

2. Send a letter something like this (recorded delivery):

Harassment by telephone - response letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only. This protects us both in the event of a court case.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

If they continue after that , come back and we can get rude with it.......:) someone will answer and we're user-friendly on here :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D