Vanquis - full refund of all charges plus interest accrued **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No the next step should technically be this is what I want or I'll take you to court, you have 14 days; followed by an LBA address to a company officer - secretary / director giving a further 7 days THEN and N!

sorry, confused!......Are you saying that I should send another letter giving them 14 days to comply?....I dont understand the last bit, 'LBA address to a company office-secretary' What does that mean?

cheers :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, confused!......Are you saying that I should send another letter giving them 14 days to comply?....I dont understand the last bit, 'LBA address to a company office-secretary' What does that mean?

cheers :)

The last bit is the important bit, it sometimes gets them to comply. Up until now you have been dealing with people who shall we say 'have trouble tying their own shoelaces'. They have no power to do anything on behalf of the company but have enough power to say no and/or ignore you. So as a final attempt at remedy before litigation - which always looks good in court - you send a letter before action to the company secretary at their registered office address (ie. the address where legal documents should be addressed and the person they should be addressed to). At this point you will get a response which definitively states the company's position in the matter . At the moment you are technically in a position where they can turn round and say that some idiot exceeded their authority in their reply to you.

The 14 day letter before that is optional but a do suggest that you send the letter to the company secretary. It will give you their exact position on the matter and show you how much backbone they have.

Make sense?

• 3 weeks later...

Hooray!....recieved a letter from Vanquis today, offering a full refund of all charges plus interest accrued. Total offer = £385.10..I need to sign a declaration accepting this offer (Is it neccessary to sign any declaration?)...Anyway, I'm accepting the offer, and many thanks to Vint1954 & Hungrybear for their advice and input on this thread...

Mods, can you change this to 'WON' please

many thanks

AJ :)

Hooray!....recieved a letter from Vanquis today, offering a full refund of all charges plus interest accrued. Total offer = £385.10..I need to sign a declaration accepting this offer (Is it neccessary to sign any declaration?)...Anyway, I'm accepting the offer, and many thanks to Vint1954 & Hungrybear for their advice and input on this thread...

Mods, can you change this to 'WON' please

many thanks

AJ :)

WELL DONE

Congratulations :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've a vanquis credit card debt that was passed onto 1st credit, and now connaught collections....I've received no Notice of Assignment from either DCA, or Vanquis...My understanding is that when a debt is passed from OC to DCA, the debtor must be sent a 'Notice of Assignment'....If thats the case, can anyone guide me on what letter I need to send to the DCA's to the effect of not acknowledging them as dealing with the debt?

The debt itself is a credit card which was applied for on-line in 2006..I've already claimed back nearly £400 in penalty charges, and have started a claim for a PPI refund from vanquis...I'm assuming that even though there's a PPI reclaim in progress, thats not enough to put the account in dispute, or is it?

Vanquis sent me an s87(1) Default Notice back in october, but as the amounts on the 2 pages differ, I'm wondering if the DN itself might be invalid (I've enclosed a copy of DN in this post

I'd be greatful on any help....cheers:)

img004.jpg

img005.jpg

you can send this and see what you get back

To Whom It May Concern:

Your Reference: Agreement Number: xxxxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this Credit Agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within Section 77 (1) and Section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my Credit Agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 Postal Order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my Credit Agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the Agreement under these sections of the Act.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original Credit Agreement

2. Statement of Account

3. Copy of the executed Deed Of Assignment from the Original Creditor.

4. Fair Processing Notice.

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed Credit Agreement within 12 + 2 working days of a proper Consumer Credit Agreement request.

As you are aware, a Credit Agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment - Administration Of Justice Act 1970, Protection From Harassment Act 1997, Communications Act 2003. If you continue to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office Of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

May I remind you, there is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, Police attendance.

yours faithfully

Assigning a Debt or Benefit of Contract?

It is important to first provide the debtor with a notice of the assignment!

Other points and issues that should be borne in mind:

· In principle, the benefit of a contract can be legally assigned without consent,

provided there is no express prohibition on assignment or, for example, a requirement that consent

is obtained.

· Where there is no restriction on assignment, the usual way of assigning the benefit of

contractual rights is by statutory assignment.(they owned the debt)

The assignment must be in writing, signed by the

assignor, absolute (not purporting to be by way of charge only) and notice in writing must be

given to the other contracting party (section 136, Law of Property Act 1925).

· If a contract is not effectively assigned under statute, it may still be assigned under

common law by an equitable assignment.(acting on behalf)

an equitable assignment may exist where the requirements

for a statutory assignment are not satisfied. The main practical consequence of an equitable

assignment is that the assignee cannot bring an action in its own name against the third party, (acting on behalf)

but must fall back on the rules governing equitable assignments and join the assignor as a party

to the action.

It is, in any event, desirable for notice of an assignment to be given to the third party because

the third party will otherwise be entitled to continue to make payments

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

The Default Notice and the Notice of default, don't make any sense? The figures do not tally.

The DN asks for payment of the arrears of £105, whereby the Notice of Default states that the payment due is £150?

Besides, if you received both letters in the same envelope, printed on the 2nd Oct 09, that is a Friday, and as they will be sent second class, assuming they were posted on the same day as they were printed?

You wouldn't have received them until Tuesday at the earliest.

Therefore I would seriously question the 14 days in which you had to reply.

Any other thoughts??

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

in regards to the ppi and the credit card we would need to see the CCA

So get your letter of the bank i belive the these people in their bus stop are acting on behalf so just tell them to go.................

icon7.gif

With the PPI it could well be the case that we have a unfair agreement

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

• 1 month later...

sorry for the long delay in replying......re. PPI reclaim, I dont think its going to happen...I realised that as it was an on-line app, I would've ticked the box for PPI, so basically I miss-sold it to myself!...doh!....However, shortly after I won my penalty-charge claim, they passed on the account to a 3rd party DCA as the account was still in arrears but with no N.O.A...I disputed that with the DCA and they are throwing it back to Vanquis. I also have reason to think the DN vanquis sent me (oct 09 - 5 months before they passed it onto the DCA) is invalid so I guess its a case of watch this space...(hopefully Vanquis will terminate the account on the back of an invalid default notice)

If that's the avenue you're going you need to accept their unlawful recision.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)