Black Horse refuse claim(say its not a matter for FOS)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your post at #7

Apparently its the date we took out the loan Aug 03 that was the problem. Its paid up as of May this year.

Your post at #71

Hi PF, Its not a loan agreement its a credit card,with monthly payments worked out by balance

For PPI on credit cards use..

Compound interest calculator!!!

Enter monthly PPI

12 rests

360 day year

Contractual interest at the rate they charge you today

Do it for every month and calculate until 14th October 2009 [time you've done it and they've choked on it,it will be mid October!]

Write it down with all dates and details [or use an ordinary spread sheet]

Add it all up.

Sit back,have a nice cup of tea and think of what might be!

Hi Shirei:)

Do you have the actual monthly PPI amounts ok?

What I have done with working out interest on a credit card PPI is take the actual monthly payment (the principal) and enter it in the Compound Interest calculator found at www.egalegal.com To do this you need to enter the principal and the interest rate, enter the date charged and today's date into the relevant boxes, change the 'number of rests per year' box to '12 compounded monthly' and tick the 360 day year box, then hit calculate.

You need to do this for each PPI payment you have made.

Enter these onto an A4 sheet.

Then you need to go to the Blake Lapthorn Simple Interest calculator which is found at www.bllaw.co.uk - PF gave a direct link to this earlier in your thread (post twenty eight I think).

For some strange reason I cannot do a direct link to the actual calculator here on your thread and it seems hard to locate it once you get to Blake Lapthorn's website:???:

Once at the Simple Interest stage you need to enter your totals from the previous calculation (ie, Principal + Compound Interest) and calculate at a rate of 8% from date charged to today's date. Again you have to do this for each PPI payment you have made.

The total amounts can then be typed onto a spreadsheet.

If all else fails I'm sure if you PM Pompeyfaith, he will help you further;)

Hope this helps somewhat!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Damn - crossed posts with Middenmess:D

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Sorry I seem to be confusing everyone :oops: I have merged two threads here:roll:

Its not Black Horse I need the spreadsheet for its for Lloyds on the legals

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/194724-court-claim-lloyds-here.html

I need to send them a calculation of PPI payments I am counter claiming for before court hearing,maybe give them the frighteners :-D. I have all the statements and have worked out compound + 8%. I just needed a neat way to show them how I have come to these figures,not just all noted down on A4 paper.

Does anyone have any suggestions.:roll:

Shirei

Any spreadsheet is suitable.

I'm a total muppet when it comes to spreadsheets but I've used Windows Works and used Open Office.org from Sun Microsystems [free download and very good]

I made many mistakes:mad: but trial and error got there in the end! :)[and reading the help section a dozen times!!]

If you google around you will find some step by step instructions for using a spreadsheet.

For the £'s in thousands you are seeking I'm sure it's worth persevering.:D

Hi PF, Its not a loan agreement its a credit card,with monthly payments worked out by balance :-|

You may have to refer to your statements to work out the monthly payments on PPI depending on how you used your card ie goods or cash but Pompeyfaith is the cagger up to speed on this.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Almost there:-D.Another question if I may. On the Blake Lapthorn Simple Interest Calc. it asks for annual apr,my statements are monthly rate. How do I go about working that one out???

Shirei

I am not sure whether you would divide by 12 or if there is another more accurate method of interest calculation.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks aa & middenmess :)I have used that one for compound,I am doing 8% now but I dont have an APR only monthly rate of interest and not sure how to come to APR from monthly. Im thinking monthly interest x 12 ? or am I wrong(more than likely :roll:)

Shirei

The blake lapthorn calc you can use to work out the simple interest at 8% and the one posted above use that to work out the interest they charged you.

To work out monthly to yearly and visa versa go here

Interest Rates Guide: Everything you ever wanted to know!...

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

What is the monthly rate ?

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok here you go:

If your monthly interest is 1.204%, that means an annual rate of 15.44%

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

You Got it bang on

Well Done

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Shirei,

You claim both the APR they charged you of 15.44% compounded and the 8% simple as the court would add this to any claim as it is the judicial rate used by the courts.

So take each payment in turn and add on 15.44% then take each payment again in turn with the 15.44% added on and add another 8% simple then total up and this will give you a grand total.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Shirei,

You claim both the APR they charged you of 15.44% compounded and the 8% simple as the court would add this to any claim as it is the judicial rate used by the courts.

So take each payment in turn and add on 15.44% then take each payment again in turn with the 15.44% added on and add another 8% simple then total up and this will give you a grand total.

PF

Would the 15.44% be compounded annually on the calculator or by 12 monthly?

if you pay 12 times a yr compound by 12 PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

your welcome PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN