What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooooooops i had an accident, I was coming up my steps to the back door yesterday and wnet flying, and caught my left wrist on the door step!!!!!!!!!!!

Never went to A & E last night as I thought it was just sprained, but after a bad night went to day and Ive chipped a bone!!!!!!!!

Do you know how hard it is to tyoe with one hand LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im ok, very sore though, its a scaphoid fracture of left wrist and chipped bone , so in plaster for 3 weeks then a MRI scan!!!!

When I slipped on a wet floor and got the same injury as you, a scaphoid fracture of the left wrist, I was in plaster for 6 weeks then in a wrist support with a metal brace in it for a further 4 weeks.:sad:

Hope yours mends quickly:-)

My dad had his proper plaster put on today (a red one):-)

He doesn't go back until 1st November now. It is doing his head in also Maz as he is struggling one handed, and he's turned 75 now.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Genetics clinic today. Blood test confirms Marfan for son no 2, (which I knew already), and me (which I didn't).

Just in case I didn't get the message loud and clear enough, the consultant told me 10 times in the space of 10 mns: "You must get a heart scan" with variations on the theme, even went to hassle the nurses to see if they could do one there and then, and as I left, still said at the door: "don't forget to call xxx to book the scan!" YES! I GET it, I AM at risk! I am a 47 year old overweight woman with a heart murmur, and the Marfan diagnosis has just turned that description into a ticking timebomb. I GET it. I am already slightly freaked out, could you PLEASE stop hammering it in? :mad:

OTOH, my son is delighted, he's been told he's got to be careful not to exercise too much. Since he had no intention of exercising at ALL, as far as he is concerned, he now has the perfect excuse, lol.

Sorry to hear that Bookie. I'd never heard of Marfans until you first mentioned it on this site. You shouldn't have to arrange any scan. They should just send you out an appointment. If the doctor is that insistent, then you shouldn't be waiting long at all.

Hope all works out OK in the end. You are a sucker for punishment though, aren't you?:-(

Sorry to hear that Bookie. I'd never heard of Marfans until you first mentioned it on this site. You shouldn't have to arrange any scan. They should just send you out an appointment. If the doctor is that insistent, then you shouldn't be waiting long at all.

Hope all works out OK in the end. You are a sucker for punishment though, aren't you?:-(

Oh no, sorry, I didn't make myself clear. He was all for booking me there and then, and made me feel like I was this timebomb ticking inside my chest! I know I can get booked really quickly, no, it was his sense of urgency which made me edgy. The diagnosis I was expecting anyway, and I knew I would have to go for a scan (only sensible really), it's the way he behaved so WORRIED about me, I started wondering WHY he was acting like that, what does he know about my heart that I don't, should I get more worried?... and then of course I DID! :-(

Oy! and what's that supposed to mean about the glutton for punishment? I may have a dodgy heart, but I'll still catch you and kick your arse for you, Mister! :razz:

Left hand still numb in places .Grr..Right hand has a swelling inside the wrist.. Damn it. Luckily neither are painful, just annoying. And finally ..my Dad has seen a consultant that agrees that his pacemaker is in the wrong place and is going to adjust it. I'm pleased that they have finally taken notice and can see there is a problem but I'm not looking forward to his surgery :( He's been through a lot and has suffered since February on a promise that it would improve his life....It hasn't and he's been in constant pain. I just hope they get it right this time.

To be honest Bookie, I was presuming that it was the battery pack that was sitting in the wrong place, because that is where all my dads pain was when he had his done. That took at least 6 months for the pain to disappear.

Ggggrrrr

Very stressful day today - I knew it was a mistake to drive into town on my lunchbreak! Why is it that when you're in a hurry, no one else is? Nowhere to park on the high street, walk miles to the bank to find two customers in front that take an age to be served by one cashier, straight out of there into the sandwich shop across the road, yet another queue. Back to car - get back to work with ten minutes to eat sandwich :-x

Calm down suitably enough to drive home at 5pm. Who let the tractors convention out?????? Took twice as long to get home. Popped into the Co-op and there's yet another massive queue. Why do cashiers chat happily away for longer than is necessary when there's a massive queue in front of them? Came out of Co-op and it started raining and I had a serious "Shirley Valentine" moment :madgrin:

Still had to get some petrol as I had driven back from work with the petrol light glaring at me so off to the garage and guess what? Yes, yet another massive queue of cars, one cashier serving, chattering merrily away whilst everyone is waiting to get to a petrol pump. Just to top it off, I was behind two transits parked either side of each other at the pumps. One guy came out and I thought, "great, I can put some petrol in now" but oh no, the pillock opened his door casually, got a plastic water bottle out and went to the rear of the garage to fill it up with water :rant:

I was tempted to hit the horn in temper but he was a big bloke - he didn't even look at me as he casually opened the bonnet and put the water in :mad2:

I was so glad to get home.

Then I put CAG on and some bu**er moved the Bear Garden :jaw::lol:

Rant over !

Megga big hugs for the Bookster :hug:

Not wanting to make light of your dad's condition, but how on Earth do you get a pacemaker in the WRONG place??? Great big beating thing on the left hand side of the chest: heart. I'm no cardiologist, but even I would recognise one. :???:

It's one of the largest that they do. It should sit in a pocket, under the skin, and not move about. The cardiologist

had only fitted one if it's type before. He forced it in and put it too high up, meaning that the wires and the whole device moves about under his collarbone, causing a lot of pain and blocking blood vessels. He's given it time to settle, since February, but he's still in agony from it. The pain is so bad he can't stand anything touching it, not even his shirt. He doesn't complain and still tries to carry on but it's getting him down. The last thing he wants is to have the op again but it's either that or he carries on in pain.

Swearing a lot! Daughter has saved up all year for a holiday with her BF in Majorca . Less than 24 hours later she is on the phone in tears saying that BF doesn't like it and he wants to go home because it's too hot and he feels ill. Well the alcohol he consumed last night wouldn't have helped and he's never been abroad before and away from his Mommy! I can't believe that he would have left her there, on her own, if he could have found an affordable flight back. I'll be having some major words in his ear when I catch up with him. Bloomin' wimp..Grrr............

A thread for which I got a very nice rep seems to have disappeared. Again. Are we not allowed to discuss religion at ALL on this forum nowadays? If that's the case, can it be added to the rules so that we know that some people are apparently as immune from examination of their crimes in discussions here as they have been ignored on the international political scene? :-( :-( :-(

Swearing a lot! Daughter has saved up all year for a holiday with her BF in Majorca . Less than 24 hours later she is on the phone in tears saying that BF doesn't like it and he wants to go home because it's too hot and he feels ill. Well the alcohol he consumed last night wouldn't have helped and he's never been abroad before and away from his Mommy! I can't believe that he would have left her there, on her own, if he could have found an affordable flight back. I'll be having some major words in his ear when I catch up with him. Bloomin' wimp..Grrr............
Too bloody right, give him a slap from me too!

Cant stand wimps :-x