A bit of luck.... Martin v's Nationwide

MARKWHEETY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Advice needed quickly!!!

Following a severe illness with my dad I wrote a letter on his behalf to the Nationwide asking them to add me to his account but I did not sign it mainly as he couldnt on the day....

Just by stroke of luck I received a reply asking him to sign a new letter as the records have identified that the original signature cannot be located. Is this good enough grounds to send the account into dispute. Should I SARS them first or CCA or just based on this letter shall I send it to dispute?

Help urgently required!

Cheers for any advice!!!

Erm what exactly is the situation????

So far we know they don't seem to have a scanned image of his signiture to hand, can't really advise without knowing more.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

The situation is: my father is out of work and cant not repay this debt due to a life crippling brain injury. Whilst I am going through the legal loop holes to sort this account I decided (with my fathers agreement) to write off to the Nationwide as him and add me to his account so i could sort out his affairs. This being a lot quicker that

They wrote back with the following documents. Basically saying they dont have the signature on file thus if they dont have the signature do they then not have the CCA....... Me thinks so!!!

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The correct way to go about things is by obtaining a Power Of Attorney over your father's financial affairs MARKWHEETY.

Here is a link to a Thread that will give you some further info...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/146559-power-attorney-operate-bank.html

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

This :)

"It just means the slip they get you to sign so every branch has your signiture isn't there."

Every signiture is supposed to be scanned so it is there on screen for staff to check but this process hasn't existed forever so there are many accounts for which it is not avalable. Definately worth sending the CCA just on the off chance :)

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.