Mornington Crescent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

zoom-midtown-963.gif

For ease of reference I have included the midtown section of NY subway as I don't know all your emails... now am I allowed to get a bus from JFK or do I have to get the train?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fenchurch St.

(Ideally from a strategic point of view I would have liked to have moved to St Pauls but, of course, that would have been in breach of the slipping rule)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Can I go to WEST HAM from there or do I have to go to Upminster..

I don't want to breach any slipping, skidding topsy turvey toenail rules so I'll abide by your decision and if I end up NID well so be it. :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont have the foggiest of what the hell this is about.

not unusual for me? :-D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

I dont have the foggiest of what the hell this is about.

Join in, you'll soon pick it up!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Fenchurch St.

(Ideally from a strategic point of view I would have liked to have moved to St Pauls but, of course, that would have been in breach of the slipping rule)

I didn't think you could use 'overland Stations' like Fenchurch Street 'cause there's no tube connection....wouldn't you have to walk round to Tower Hill or Bank?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't think you could use 'overland Stations' like Fenchurch Street 'cause there's no tube connection....wouldn't you have to walk round to Tower Hill or Bank?

It's a legal move, the Einstein/Tchaikovsky rule of 1963 covers it.

It's a legal move, the Einstein/Tchaikovsky rule of 1963 covers it.

I have it on good authority that in Trumpingtons Variations of '65 the move was pronounced illegal under the Bonaparte/ Humperdink Rule.

Therefore I move to Finchley Central

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hang on a minute. I strongly suspect that some of you are just making these rules up, then naming random stations until somebody says 'Mornington Crescent' and wins.

Really, people. I'm frankly appalled that this ancient and honourable game - arguably the sport of kings - is so tarnished with this shoddy and disgusting behaviour! What good is a ruleset if you don't keep to it!? It just makes a mockery of the whole game!

And I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've received a letter of support from a Mrs Trellis of North Wales. She writes:

"Dear Yoko Ono. Is it true your name is Japanese for 'One Egg'? Sincerely, Mrs Trellis."

And she goes on:

"PS: Tell that nice Mr Tezcatlipoca to move to Elephant & Castle."

So there you have it. I hope you all feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

"PS: Tell that nice Mr Tezcatlipoca to move to Elephant & Castle."

So there you have it. I hope you all feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

The rules in Wikipedia say that anyone who follows Finchley Central must puff on their cigarette and say 'Shame on you'

Whilst I admit that the comment 'I hope you all feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves' is akin to the sentiment 'Shame on you' it is not exact and therefore I pronounce your move to Elephant and Castle illegal and must return to Finchley Central.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whilst I admit that the comment 'I hope you all feel thoroughly ashamed of yourselves' is akin to the sentiment 'Shame on you' it is not exact and therefore I pronounce your move to Elephant and Castle illegal and must return to Finchley Central.

...and Spamalot, being new to the game, falls neatly into the trap of attempting to push a reverse move from a Northern Line station (in this case, Elephant and Castle), allowing me to redirect to any Northern Line station.

Now which Northern Line station to choose? Hmmm...tricky. I think:

Mornington Crescent

Unfortunately for Tez, Mornington Crescent is closed today so everyone has to get off at Camden and walk. :D

Double posted.... ok....mmmmmmm

Acton Town

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In that case, I'm going to move to Milan Kundera's "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"

I don't believe so, no.

The Offside Outside rule of 1968 states very clearly that books must be turned upside down and sat on before being used as train sations on the Metropolitan line... the next stop therefore can only be

Turnham Green (something my cooked meals are prone to do. :rolleyes:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old Street

32 Brent... and I think you'll find, THATS NUMBERWANG!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Numberwangs cannot be used on a Friday with a J in the month so I'm afraid that move is null and void.... you must return to

Old Street

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]