OH got caught for speeding at the beginning of April - time Limit for court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH got caught for speeding at the beginning of April. He had to produce his docs within 7 days. When he eventually got there he was late, so they cautioned him and told him it would go to court.

We have heard nothing since, so I wandered whether there was a time limit or perhaps they have forgotten???

Thanks

My OH got caught for speeding at the beginning of April. He had to produce his docs within 7 days. When he eventually got there he was late, so they cautioned him and told him it would go to court.

We have heard nothing since, so I wandered whether there was a time limit or perhaps they have forgotten???

Thanks

They Police have 6 months form the date of the offence (ie the 7th day after issue of the 'producer' to lay information with a Court for a summons to be issued. The summons can then be issued any time within 3 years of that date.

If the documents were in order, albeit late, they have probably NFA'd the whole thing anyway.

I presume that you were told that it would go to court by the Desk Officer *who was not the PC who issue the 'producer'. In which case the DO is merely protecting their position as any decision to proceed is for the issuing officer to take.

Yes, it was by the desk officer. He hasn't had any points added to his licence - is there a limit to that?

He was only 1 day late btw

Was he issued with an FPN or simply warned that he was being reported for prosecution?

If the former, then he should have surrendered his licence (both parts) for points when paying the fine; if the latter, the 6 month rule mentioned above applies.

• dx100uk changed the title to OH got caught for speeding at the beginning of April - time Limit for court