Best Value for Money Pay & Go options - Paste your findings here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone what the best pay as you go tarrifs are out there. I am currently with Orange and pay £10 a month on the phone to benifit from their magic numbers scheme.

Basically what magic numbers allows you to do is speak to someone for upto 1 hour but no more than 3 hours a day for 20 pence. But to get it you need to top up at least £10 a month to keep them active

I was wondering if there was anything that was maybe better value than that or where you can chat at a discount for the life of your balance.

Anyone with any ideas please let me know.

Cheers.

I've just done a Vodaphone freedom pack for £10 you get 100 mins and 300 texts there are also £15 and £20 packs.

I've only used this as I'm going abroad and want to use the passport scheme they have running this summer where it is UK tarriff even in Europe.

cheers for that andie 303

I have also had a quick look around and it would seem that you have to top up at least monthly to get any kind of perk.

I guess thats just the way it is.

These perks are actually lock-ins to ensure the customer keeps their call revenues up with a discounted 'carrot'. By ignoring them and only paying for what you actually use - you don;y run the risk of not getting the full value.

Currently, Asda Mobile (using Vodafone) has a flat rate of 4p texts and 8p to UK mobiles and geographic landlines, which I find most equitable. Their calls centre is also in the west of Scotland!

o2 give the following for a £10 a month topup:

£10 of calling credit.

an o2 surprise (normally 20 mins or 20 texts)

The 2.5% VAT differential refunded -> 25p credit

500 mins free anytime calls to o2 or landlines from a nominated postcode. (Ours works out to approx 2 mile radius from home).

Some free texts on their website.

Then the following month you get 10% of the previous months credit refunded so for a tenner they'd give you another £1 of call time.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............