Capital One - Credit Card - Charges

PrincessAphrodite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am always been charged by Capital One with massive charges for various things including fees for going over my credit limit because their fees have been slapped on to it. Therefore, a constant circle!!!

Today I paid in full to clear the balance on the card of £208 and have requested the account be closed (which I am told I cannot do until next Wednesday because that is when my payment will clear even though I paid via Debit Card over the phone).

I am wondering if the charges here can be claimed back using the template letter?

Anyone know or have advice with this?

Thanks!

Princess of Power!

Guest stephen

Dont forget to give them deadlines, and if they fail the deadline let them talk you in to anotherone. Just take the next step. if that submitting a claim form then file one.

its the only action banks, credit card,store card company under stand.

Guest stephen

When I put mine in, all I did was log on to there internet banking site, which displayed my statement for 12months and in one year i had £140.00 Bank charges so I simply times that by six and added £1000 just to be on the safe side. :twisted:

Therefore on my claim form, where it said amount you expect to recover

I Entered, I expect to recover no more that £2000.00

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard back from them yet? I'd be interested to hear back as I'm in a similar situation myself!!!

Claiming back the charges seems a bit too good to be true!!!! (althought after reading through many of these posts it definately seems possible!!!)

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

Have you heard back from them yet? I'd be interested to hear back as I'm in a similar situation myself!!!

Claiming back the charges seems a bit too good to be true!!!! (althought after reading through many of these posts it definately seems possible!!!)

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

I get charged £20 late payment charge and £20 over limit fee. Can I claim these back?

I've read some of the posts and will read more tomorrow!!! I'd like some sort of quick answer before I go to bed as I want to start my claim tomorrow!!!!

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

I get charged £20 late payment charge and £20 over limit fee. Can I claim these back?

I've read some of the posts and will read more tomorrow!!! I'd like some sort of quick answer before I go to bed as I want to start my claim tomorrow!!!!

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Thanks

Yes of course you can - send the template letter (in the library) and request statements covering the last 6 years.

Princess of Power!

Thanks

Yes of course you can - send the template letter (in the library) and request statements covering the last 6 years.

Princess of Power!

Hi,

I've put in my request for statements over the phone whilst changing my address. I'm going to send a letter out aswell to make sure.

I want to send the same letter out to Littlewoods and dorothy perkins. Do the sames rules apply or is it just with banks/credit cards?

I realise these may be stupid questions but I'm scared of messing up my accounts more than they already are!!!

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Hi,

I've put in my request for statements over the phone whilst changing my address. I'm going to send a letter out aswell to make sure.

I want to send the same letter out to Littlewoods and dorothy perkins. Do the sames rules apply or is it just with banks/credit cards?

I realise these may be stupid questions but I'm scared of messing up my accounts more than they already are!!!

Thanks

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Good luck with capital one, they are the worst of the card companies IMHO they screwed me good and proper, I was paying £35 a month off my account but they were charging me £25 for late payment and £35 for being over my limit per month.

I paid them £700-£800 over 2 years for a debt of £400 and now they still say I owe them £1600!!!!

I have sent off my letter so fingers crossed!!!

So good luck fighting them!!!!

Good luck with capital one, they are the worst of the card companies IMHO they screwed me good and proper, I was paying £35 a month off my account but they were charging me £25 for late payment and £35 for being over my limit per month.

I paid them £700-£800 over 2 years for a debt of £400 and now they still say I owe them £1600!!!!

I have sent off my letter so fingers crossed!!!

So good luck fighting them!!!!

Hi, its not a stupid question - I believe this situation applies to all credit agreements as well as banks and credit card companies. Many people are addressing these other institutions is you look in the section "OTHER INSTITUTIONS" on the forum you will find them.

I would suggest you send the same template letter to all who have charged you and request statements.

Princess of Power!

Hi, its not a stupid question - I believe this situation applies to all credit agreements as well as banks and credit card companies. Many people are addressing these other institutions is you look in the section "OTHER INSTITUTIONS" on the forum you will find them.

I would suggest you send the same template letter to all who have charged you and request statements.

Princess of Power!

I agree.....I've had nothing but problems with them from Day 1!!!

They're such a caring company that they harrassed my mum on the same day as my dad died, aswell as everyday for the next two weeks. They were told of the circumstances. I was at the end of my tether by this point and took over from my brothers Nicey nicey tactic and told them plain and simple that if we received another phonecall during the foreseeable future that I would report not only the person on the phone, but the company too.

I didn't receive a phonecall for at least a month!!! :lol:

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks